Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: SSRP 4 new eco 100k starter

There should be server 4 No votes 0%
There should'nt No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: [SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview?

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573266

el une spodermun wrote:
SyStem wrote:
Optic allot of people agree with you on the part where you said "there is zero RP on zarp right now, and people want a fresh server where the economy is wiped"

BUT, how ever. When/if the server 4 would come out, the same thing would be happening as like the first 3 server. Afk mining again, more and more money generated and so on..

I miss the good old roleplaying experience, which is the reason i started in the first place couple years back.
Maybe just wipe all of the current databse on the least played server (3) and maybe change the map there. Make server3 a brand new RP server with 100.000 cash and vip for everyone that already has it on server 1 and 2
Eliminating afk mining would solve the issue

No keep mining for milkors/rpg and those stuff.
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 130
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573267

Plankton wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Your entire suggestion contradicts itself and makes no sense at all. You complain that people have all gotten rich and have nothing to do once they've reached what I guess we could call endgame status. But for some reason you also state that your intended solution to this is to start a new server under the same name where you remove a bunch of progression and features in order to allow people to do it all over? I mean it's not like there are better solutions such as to add more content that would allow people to further develop and progress on the server? Or you know rework some of the older features to have more depth.

Further more in your suggestion you seem to give zero shits about people that are currently in the state of progressing and gaining money and items. You completely fail to see what quite a lot of people on the server would feel.

Why should a suggestion where not only do you fail to relate to a lot of people on the server but you also completely contradict yourself be taken seriously? On top of that your suggesting a lot of drastic and time consuming changes with a very lazy suggestion that shows little interest in presenting actual facts or ideas.

Your entire suggestion is completely baseless and makes no sense at all. Instead of trying desperately to hold on to nostalgia that will most likely dissipate try to come up with things that can instead build on and improve what is currently here.

1st of all a fresh eco server is new content for all players.

"Your entire suggestion is completely baseless and makes no sense at all."
Have to disagree with this, too. Lots of popular games have vanilla servers or old versions of themselves that gain a lot of players old and new. Just look at WoW vanilla private servers they have thousands of people playing them on a daily basis because people like how it once was.

Or you can take RuneScape for example. They updated their game so much it basically died, then decided to make a community voted poll to bring back servers from 2007 where everyone started from nothing and it passed the poll and now this is their main source of income, and most popular servers.

Just because people want a new server that they enjoyed years ago don't mean you can't keep updating the current game for players who actually enjoy it either.

This suggestion does infact make sense, and I can see it bringing more players to the community as of now you rarely see new players popping up on the teamspeak and in game people play for a few days realise they have 0 chance of survival and end up joining another server, if there was a reset eco server it would allow new players a chance of actually playing.

Nice explanation/example
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by OptiC.

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573304

bump- ps not my post just want more people to see it
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573315

OptiC wrote:
I only read some parts, you obviously don't understand shit, adding more shitty content won't help, u put more suits and it gets more boring, ZARP is literally 0 rp right now, u add new content every 3 months or something if not more and its just for some time and ruins the economy more. The new economy server will be having more bases/miners that don't go for gems/raids/fun stuff etc.

Can we try and keep the debate civil? There is absolutely no need to come on here and call someone else out using swear words left right and center. Calling the content "shitty" and all the rest of it. Why not have a proper debate and try to get your points across in a positive manner?

We always take server suggestions seriously and take a look at every one. Some suggestions have come recently with a clear plan about who will be coding and developing for them and they've been accepted straight away. Look at Prop Hunt for example they had a clear plan and a team in place and are already 2nd in category, they put in a lot of hard work and I think it's fantastic.

On the topic of the economy, we understand your concerns and that's why we took the time to look at the real numbers and figures. You can take a look at them here: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...-please-read/unread/

To answer Plankton he made some great points. But on the topic of other games with virtual economies or even progression based MMOs absolutely none of them have ever launched a vanilla style server or rebooted the economy, you can probably think of the reason why you wouldn't do this in a progression based game. The exception is Runescape, they have millions of players however lets not forget. Warcraft has no official vanilla server I don't know where you got this information from, Blizzard has been very clear that such servers are private, illegal and most definitely not endorsed by the owners of the game.

So, that leaves us with just one game, here's a list of games which haven't done this and have no such plans to, it's a long list so i'll put it in a spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5060
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Chuteuk.

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573324

@Chute, but this suggestion is to make a new server with a new economy, not to reset the economy?
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573329

lMichaell wrote:
@Chute, but this suggestion is to make a new server with a new economy, not to reset the economy?

Yes I understand. The list of games has already been checked, none of them have either rebooted their virtual economy at any point or launched a new economy on a separate game/server.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573332

Chuteuk wrote:
OptiC wrote:
I only read some parts, you obviously don't understand shit, adding more shitty content won't help, u put more suits and it gets more boring, ZARP is literally 0 rp right now, u add new content every 3 months or something if not more and its just for some time and ruins the economy more. The new economy server will be having more bases/miners that don't go for gems/raids/fun stuff etc.

Can we try and keep the debate civil? There is absolutely no need to come on here and call someone else out using swear words left right and center. Calling the content "shitty" and all the rest of it. Why not have a proper debate and try to get your points across in a positive manner?

We always take server suggestions seriously and take a look at every one. Some suggestions have come recently with a clear plan about who will be coding and developing for them and they've been accepted straight away. Look at Prop Hunt for example they had a clear plan and a team in place and are already 2nd in category, they put in a lot of hard work and I think it's fantastic.

On the topic of the economy, we understand your concerns and that's why we took the time to look at the real numbers and figures. You can take a look at them here: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...-please-read/unread/

To answer Plankton he made some great points. But on the topic of other games with virtual economies or even progression based MMOs absolutely none of them have ever launched a vanilla style server or rebooted the economy, you can probably think of the reason why you wouldn't do this in a progression based game. The exception is Runescape, they have millions of players however lets not forget. Warcraft has no official vanilla server I don't know where you got this information from, Blizzard has been very clear that such servers are private, illegal and most definitely not endorsed by the owners of the game.

So, that leaves us with just one game, here's a list of games which haven't done this and have no such plans to, it's a long list so i'll put it in a spoiler.

Ok, let's chill then. I've been drinking lately so... I played zarp since like 3 years ago with my irl friends ok? It was extremely fun back then basing, no op stuff, rdming and all of those good stuff. I want it to be back you know, and tons more aswell, so why not implement it? Gmod is the only game I play, sometimes csgo maybe. All I want is zarp being great again.
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573336

+1 Plankton, there comes a point where if you keep updating and adding to much op shit, you are actually ruining the main core of the actual game. Runescape is a perfect example of this, they kept adding stuff, and people grew tired of it, they killed pking which resulted in people quitting the game.
Runescape listened tho, and they went back to the 2007 version that people wanted, all we want here is a 2015 version of Zarp, where you dont have suits and afk mining. It's a very simple idea that a lot of players would like to have, and quite frankly a lot of players would start playing again.
At this current state people are being rewarded for afk mining, it's a stupid concept that literally thrives people away from the actual base/raid/rp/having fun, you can already see the effects this has, there is little to no bases at all times throughout the entire day, because there is simply no point in basing anymore, mining is more money, its more safe, and it's less you have to pay attention to. Whereas basing you would get killed by rich people using suits and overpowered explosives. This is coming from a player who has been on Zarp since 2013, who has seen the good and bad things in Zarp, but 2015 zarp was definitely the best time, back then there was tons of big bases that were hard to raid, that you had to get your lads on to raid, and it was great fun. Nowadays you can solo raid everything easily with the help of suits and other op factors.
Morgan wrote : You need a more clear question and a Yes/No answer.

Also, this isn't detailed at all, it's more like a ramble/rant about why the server isn't great for basing anymore rather than how you're going to get this server running.

I think this is very unfair to say the least, since nowhere in the suggestion template it is stated the things you should include and the things you shouldn't include. By all means Optic followed the rules in the suggestion template, therefore I find it very obscure that you can deny a suggestion that a majority of the community would want back, simply because you dont think the suggestion is made properly. The players voted fair and square, if anything you can reset the poll and make the questions a bit more clear, and I bet you they would vote the same, people read the post, they know what they voted for.

- At the end of the day, this suggestion comes down to the fact that your players are afraid that the server is going to a wrong path, it's going to a path where people are rewarded for afk mining, and not basing, which means that people will priotize mining>basing, which has a lot of negative effects which you can already see take place.

If you accept/deny the post I dont really care, but remember everyone should be able to voice their opinion and we should respect that
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569
The following user(s) said Thank You: el une spodermun

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573342

Jacob wrote:
At this current state people are being rewarded for afk mining, it's a stupid concept that literally thrives people away from the actual base/raid/rp/having fun, you can already see the effects this has, there is little to no bases at all times throughout the entire day, because there is simply no point in basing anymore, mining is more money, its more safe, and it's less you have to pay attention to. Whereas basing you would get killed by rich people using suits and overpowered explosives. This is coming from a player who has been on Zarp since 2013, who has seen the good and bad things in Zarp, but 2015 zarp was definitely the best time, back then there was tons of big bases that were hard to raid, that you had to get your lads on to raid, and it was great fun. Nowadays you can solo raid everything easily with the help of suits and other op factors.

hey guys i went to school today with my 1 account on and an iridium pickaxe and came out with this [SHOP] You sold 1207233 Gems for $31,388,058
not only did i make profit from the iridium pickaxe I lost I made 21 mil more!
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573346

Chuteuk wrote:
OptiC wrote:

I said private servers, I know its not owned by blizzard but that don't change the fact that they still get thousands of players play on them. All I'm trying to do is get a point across that rerolled servers/ games can still be popular and runescape don't have millions of players when they rerolled their servers the had only a few thousand active players

And you could also take rust into account, they have vanilla servers that get reset weekly and people still play on them actively
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Plankton.

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573348

How do u guys type/read so much what the hell
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573349

OptiC wrote:
How do u guys type/read so much what the hell
we go to school
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573352

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/10-announ...51-server-2-map-poll

Prime example to never go with what people vote and let the owners do whats best for the server.. The server at its current state is in the top 10 best DarkRP Servers, so that alone shows that its doing great and better than ever before.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573361

OptiC wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
OptiC wrote:

Ok, let's chill then. I've been drinking lately so... I played zarp since like 3 years ago with my irl friends ok? It was extremely fun back then basing, no op stuff, rdming and all of those good stuff. I want it to be back you know, and tons more aswell, so why not implement it? Gmod is the only game I play, sometimes csgo maybe. All I want is zarp being great again.
The RDM is something that's always been there, there is no way in stopping RDM from occurring. But yes, I would love to be able to play the server like how it was before the hand cannon being released (December 2015), now you may say people still based after the release of the hand cannon which is true however a hand cannon will just eliminate a base within a matter of seconds even after the nerf it had. Basing was very common and indeed was very fun since there was no elevator bases so it was balanced. Even though elevator basing is no longer allowed, the newer special weapons and suits are stronger and can take out a ground base with people inside within seconds by just a few shots with these new content to be honest, regardless of the gang protection that shit is just practically useless nowadays unless you're using more of a old school special weapon to eliminate a base. It's more better to fight a intensive combat with just a PSG/SVU and morphine + amphetamine and taking out a base with a special weapon such as the TGun when that actually had value so I would love to see a return of how things used to be although it'll most likely won't happen based upon what Chuteuk has said (Which really sucks in my opinion, I would love to play the classics again).
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573397

Plankton wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
OptiC wrote:

I said private servers, I know its not owned by blizzard but that don't change the fact that they still get thousands of players play on them. All I'm trying to do is get a point across that rerolled servers/ games can still be popular and runescape don't have millions of players when they rerolled their servers the had only a few thousand active players

I understand your reasons for wanting a Vanilla server, and the figures of the amount of players on the illegal WarCraft servers can easily be disputed, however taking WarCraft as a great example again, Blizzard have openly said that the topic of opening official vanilla servers has been widely debated amongst their own internal teams.

And they've given a detailed reason as to why they won't be implementing it, or haven't so far, and it's because there are enormous challenges both technically and socially with trying to update, support and allow players to distinguish between two versions of the same game.
Who do you propose re-codes the gamemode to allow for what you want and provide updates it?
How do you propose solving the issue of players not being able to distinguish between the servers? There's going to be confusion on a huge scale particularly because the proposal is for the exact same gamemode to be used.

These are all issues Blizzard themselves have said would be an enormous challenge in launching Vanilla warcraft.
In-fact they said their preferred solution was to continue updating the main world with new features that helped capture the nostalgia of the original game. And we as look forwards, not backwards, to our servers its definitely a possibility to update and re-work some features to deliver just that.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573398

• AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661