Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388464

yes i did apply

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steam Name:

Nyx

Time Zone:

Link to Steam Profile:

Nyx

What server are you applying for?

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:83464341

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Main Name
Second Name

Estimated Server Time:

Total: 600+ Hours

Languages I speak:

I
How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

In my time as an Administrator I was able to solidify my persona even more onto the server.
I was able to deal with rule-breaking users in a more consistent way, which led to a more pleasant experience on the server for all users.
I got more confident with the Zarp-Rule-System and in my decisions when deciding punishments for rule-breaking behaviour.
Also I got more in touch with the Lead-Team as well as the Community Management and it was easier for me to bring up new ideas to them, which resulted in some new changes to the server.
Due to my Administrator-Position I was able to help newer Staff-Member and teach them how to deal with certain situation.

II
What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?:

II.I ~ Passionate
------------------------------

I am incredibly passionate about surfing and about the Surf-Server!
This often leads me to think of many new ways to improve the server in the form of suggestions.
I often spent multiply hours for a single suggestion, to make sure everyone on the Surf-Server can get the best possible experience on the server.
I give my best to improve things that aren’t working the way they should but also create some little things that could help other users, like the list of all maps with their tiers etc.

List [ Click to expand ]

I am also currently running the Surf-Tournament together with Rittsu where we tried to give every user the chance of winning little prizes and motivating them to surf more!

>> Click Here! <<

Due to the Surf-Tournament we achieved to implement the Tournament-Style

Mini-Profile [ Click to expand ]

Better !M [ Click to expand ]

II.II ~ Active

I am probably one of the most active players on the server and always enjoy my time there.
Due to this activity I am well known by most players and I can experience issues that someone who doesn’t spend this much time on the server wouldn’t see.

II.III ~ Helpful

I always give my best to help other users when they’re in need of help on certain maps or on certain stages.
Since I am able to complete every map on the server, I can often help those users finish a map or improve their time.

Since every user now has access to the Admin-Spectate I am able to show users how to do difficult stages.

II.IV ~ Friendly

I always try to be friendly to everyone and give everyone a welcoming and secure feeling, even when I’m not in a good mood.
I really enjoy surfing and I enjoy making other users enjoy surfing too!
Even when it gets heated sometimes, I try to always stay calm.

edit wrote:
There are situation where I do get argumentative, when I feel the need to clear my point of view or when I feel that someone isn't treated fairly / is being treated wrong.
However I always do this in a objective and professional way and never insult someone personally!

II.V ~ Knowledgeable

Due to my high passion about surfing and the time I spend surfing, I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to surfing and can in most cases answer any questions a user has.

III
Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

Since there aren’t really that much situations where I couldn’t handle it myself except from situations where users got stuck on a map due to a bug and needed to be teleported, which only Head-Admin+ can do, I will explain a situation, where a Lead-Team-Member helped me, when I was unable to help myself.

In the situation I am referring to, I felt that many of my ideas were left out or ignored due to them being more difficult to accomplish.
Back then I was too scared to speak to the person I was experiencing those issues with.
Due to a coincidence I spoke with a Lead-Team-Member about this issue and basically let out everything I was feeling at this point.
This Lead-Team-Member was really understanding of my situation and helped me to calm down.
The Lead-Team-Member then spoke to the person and after that I had a good talk with the person I had the issue with and we were able to clarify some things.

IV
Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

First of All [ Click to expand ]

First of all I would talk to the person who reported the Staff-Member and ask him about the situation.
When he explained to me what exactly happened, I would ask the person for proof (if not already provided) and then review this proof.
I would try to stay as neutral as possible and would then talk to the reported Staff-Member about the situation.
I would let him explain the situation to me from his point of view and would review his proof (if available).
It is important for me, to confront the Staff-Member in a non aggressive manner and be as calming as possible.
I would then take my time to think about the situation, also considering the behaviour of the user who reported them, as well as the behaviour of the Staff-Member within the talk we had.
I would try to figure out if the Staff-Member is telling the truth about the situation in the first place, but also if he was intentionally behaving this way.

I will try getting some opinions from witnesses that were present during the situation and if I am still unsure about the situation, I would talk to other Lead-Team Members about the recent behaviour of the reported Staff-Member.

After all of this I will proceed to form my opinion on the situation with all the information given and decide if the report should be either Accepted or Denied.

Following this decision, I will reply to the Forum-Post and also privately notify both parties about the result (if possible).

Accepted [ Click to expand ]

Denied [ Click to expand ]

V
Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:

A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

If the issue was brought to my attention due to a Forum-Post I would first of all reply the following to the post:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

After this or if the issue was brought to me by a user in some other way I would start talking with the user about the issue.
I would ask them what exactly happened in the reported situation and let him explain everything out of his point of view.
I would then ask for any proof (if available) which could give me a more in depth understanding of the situation.

I would then proceed to speak to the reported Staff-Member, to get his point of view of what happened in the situation and why he thinks the duration of the ban was appropriate.
I would let him explain the whole situation to me and also ask him for any proof as well (if available).

If no proof can be provided, I would try to get the perspective of Trusted-Users that were present during the incident.

After reviewing all of this information, I will take my time to come to a conclusion on whether the duration of this ban was appropriate / if the ban was appropriate at all.

Once I’ve came up with a conclusion I will inform both parties about the outcome (if possible)
and if the issue was brought up by a Forum-Post, I will answer the following to the post:

Accepted [ Click to expand ]

Denied [ Click to expand ]

VI

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner.
How would you resolve the situation?

I would first of all start by asking what the whole situation is about and calm the situation down by letting both sites explain what is happening.
I would offer the Staff-Member to join me in TeamSpeak via the Admin-Chat to guide him through this situation but still letting him handle it instead of me overtaking the situation.
If the Staff-Member joins me, I would try to calm him down as much as possible and tell him that he should just calmly explain his point to the user and that he shouldn’t take situations like this personally.

If this doesn’t help, I would ask the Staff-Member if he wants me to deal with the situation and if he agrees, I would deal with the situation in a calm way.

Once everything has calmed down and the situation is over, I would try to speak with the Staff-Member about the situation, finding out why he was reacting the way he was and preparing him for future incidents like this.

In an ideal scenario, both parties would apologize after the incident for letting it get this far.

VII

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

Reporting Staff-Member: Staff-Member
Reported Staff-Member: Staff-Member

I would try to get Staff-Member to join me in TeamSpeak / Discord and let him explain the situation to me.
After he explained everything to me I would ask him for proof of the situation where the described issue is clearly proofed.
Once the proof is delivered, I would ask if there were any users online who could also approve the incident.

I would then proceed to message Staff-Member that I need to talk with him.

Hey, do you have time for a quick talk?

I would let Staff-Member explain the situation and what happened out of his point of view.
I would also ask him for proof of what happened and if he could name any users who were online during the incident.

Once I reviewed every evidence provided, I will take my time to think about a conclusion.

If I come to the conclusion that Staff-Member, is indeed guilty of breaking the rules, I will inform the rest of the Lead-Team about the incident and speak with them about further actions.

If I come to the conclusion that Staff-Member, is not guilty of breaking the rules, I will inform the rest of the Lead-Team about the false accusation and inform Staff-Member as well as Staff-Member about my conclusion and that there won't be any further actions against Staff-Member regarding this issue.

VIII

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would start by telling both of them to stop immediately regardless of who started and what happened.
I would proceed by speaking to the Staff-Member that started / acted in a disrespectful manner and let him explain to me what happened and why he was acting the way he did.

After this I would talk to the other Staff-Member about the incident and let him explain to me what he thinks happened.

If I come to the conclusion that it was just an argument that got heated up I will tell both parties to behave more calmly in the future.

If the Staff-Member who started however intentionally tried to provocate the second Staff-Member I will inform the rest of the Lead-Team and talk with them about further actions / consequences.

IX

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I will tell the Staff-Member to stop immediately and tell him to join me on TeamSpeak now.
If he doesn’t stop, I will remove his rank and try to get him in TeamSpeak.

I will immediately inform the rest of the Lead-Team about the incident.
Once the Staff-Member joines TeamSpeak, I will confront him with his actions and ask him why he did it and what his intentions were.

I will then discuss the incident with the rest of the Lead-Team and decide together with them, what further action should come into effect regarding the actions of the Staff-Member.

X
Explain how you would train a new Administrator:

X.I ~ General Information

Congratulations [ Administrator ] on your promotion!
Since you now are already part of the Surf-Team for a while,
you are now trusted with higher independency and you now have the permission to Ban users when you consider it as needed.

I will now give you your Administrator-Rank and guide you through everything that’s new!

First of all you should familiarize yourself with the Report Abuse Guide >>click here<< and the Ban Appeal Guide >>click here<<

Since you already spent some time as an Moderator you should be familiar with the Moderator-Command but if you need a renewal I will go through them as well:

Moderator-Commands wrote:
Admin-Commands wrote:
Command
Explanation
--------------------------
Mute Chat:
Lets you (Chat) mute the user for a specific amount of time.
From 10 seconds up to 10 minutes.
Mute Voice:
Lets you (Voice) mute the user for a specific amount of time.
From 10 seconds up to 10 minutes.
Strip Weapons:
Lets you strip the weapons from a user.
Used when a user shoots nonstop to annoy others.
Family Sharing Check:
Lets you check if a user is using Family Share.
Kick:
Lets you Kick a user from the server.
Only to be used when all other methods failed.
Ban:
Lets you Ban a user from the server.
Only to be used in the most extreme cases!
Spectate:
Lets you spectate a player, without being resetted to spawn.
Send Message:
Lets you directly privat message a user.

Remember that using those commands should always be the last option!

I now proceed to explain to the new Administrator how and when to use which
Administrator-Commands and in what extend.

X.II ~ Ban-System

There are basically two ways to Ban a user.

A. Ban via the TAB-Menu.
( Example A )
B. Ban via the Ban-Command.
( Example B )

Example A:

Banning a user via the TAB-Menu is rather simple and basically works the same way as
kicking or muting someone over the TAB-Menu.

You open the TAB-Menu and navigate to the user you want to apply a Ban on.
Now you see all the Administrator-Commands.
You click on Ban.

Now a new window will open which will look like this:

On the top of this window you see the user your are banning (it is hard to see).
Under this you have five boxes where you can put numbers in.
Those boxes represent the Ban-Duration.

• Years
  • Weeks
  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes

Here you can apply the duration you want to ban the user for.

Setting all boxes to 0 will permanently ban the user.

In the last line you set the Reason for the ban.

While you ban the user / while you enter the right amount etc. the user will see the following:

During this screen, the user is unable to move!

Once you banned the user the user will be removed from the server
and will see the following message:

Example B:

Banning a user via the Ban-Command is mosten often used
when you want to ban a user after he already left the server.
To ban a user with the Ban-Command works as followed:

Open the chat and then use the Command:

/ban name OR steamID time (minutes) reason

For example:

user is on the server wrote:
/ban Nyx 60 test

With that the user "Nyx" will be banned for 1 Hour.

user left wrote:
/ban STEAM_0:0:83464341 60 test

With that the user with the SteamID "STEAM_0:0:83464341" will be banned for 1 Hour.

Once the user is banned or when he joins the server
while the ban is active he will see this message:

Remember that banning a user is always the absolute last option!

X.III ~ Ban-List

I will now explain to the new Administrator how to edit / remove bans.
I will tell him that he now has the option to click on the Server Settings Button in the TAB-Menu.

Here he has many new option but the most important option is found under the Player Actions index tab.
It is the Ban-List Feature, where a Administrator can see:

• Recent Bans,
• Banned user,
• Users SteamID,
• Ban reason,
• Ban time,
Staff-Member who banned the user,
Staff-Members SteamID.

He is also able to edit and or remove bans from a player.

In the last picture the new Administrator sees the Ban-List
and I will explain all the functions to him and detail.

X.IV ~ Warn-System

Although I think the Warn-System can also be used by Moderators
it is most commonly only used by Administrators and higher.
The Warn-System lets you warn users (which can be used instead of kicking etc.).

Once a user is warned everytime he joins, the Staff-Members on the server get notified,
that a user with a active warn joined, which looks something like this (currently broken):

[ZARP-SURF]: nyxvoid (STEAM_0:0:83464341) has joined the game!
Active warnings: [1]

There are basically two ways to Warn a user.

A. Warn via the Warn-Menu.
( Example A )
B. Warn via the Warn-Command.
( Example B )

Example A:

Warning a user with the Warn-Menu is rather simple and self explanatory.
Open the ´Warn-Menu with !warn.

The following window will now open:

You can now click on a user to see their previous Warns.
Right click on the user you want to warn.

The following sub-window will appear:

Now click on Warn.

The following window will appear:

Here you see the user you are warning and a text-box for the Warn-Reason.
Enter the reason and press enter.

Example B:

Warning a user with the Warn-Command works the same as banning a user.
Open the chat and enter the following command:

/warn name OR steamID reason

For example:

user is on the server wrote:
/warn Nyx test

user left wrote:
/warn STEAM_0:0:83464341 test

You have successfully warned a user!
The user will now get notified that he has bin warned in chat.

Extra:

Once a user has 3 total active warnings, he will be kicked.
Once a user has 4 total active warning, he will be banned.

You can always check the recent warns / bans of a user in the F6-Menu.

X.V ~ Questioning

I would now give the new Administrators the opportunity to ask me any questions.
Such as clearing things up that I earlier said.

Once this is done I consider the new Administrator as fully trained!
I will notify the Discord Head-Administrators to give the [ Admin ] the right rank.

After this, I will end the training.

• Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Qui doluit meminit
  • Thanks received: 252
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Divine.

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388468

this looks so small compared to my application smh
:support:
  • Divine.
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yes
  • Thanks received: 89
guys follow me on isnta
www.instagram.com/godcallsmedivine/
The following user(s) said Thank You: pizza

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388472

That maybe the longest application I've ever seen, SURELY there was some good stuff in there :plussp:
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4844
Yes I'm female

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388473

no 3 weeks admin

:plussp:
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388474

im surprised my mouse wheel is still functioning

:plussp:
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388475

Why not HA
  • Diacetylmorphin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ???????????????
  • Thanks received: 22
???????????????

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388476

nice
  • pizza
  • ZARP VIP
  • حياة جيدة
  • Thanks received: 149

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388478

narexa wrote:
That maybe the longest application I've ever seen, SURELY there was some good stuff in there :plussp:
wait for my 4rd application
  • pizza
  • ZARP VIP
  • حياة جيدة
  • Thanks received: 149
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by pizza.

[Surf Super Administrator] Nyx's Application 1 year 9 months ago #1388480

In order to apply for Super Administrator, you must have:
  • At least three weeks since they were accepted for Administrator
  • Attended at least 3 Administrator meetings
  • No accepted report abuses or Official Warnings in the past 2 weeks

Sorry Nyx, but it has only been a week.

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-ap...or-nyx-s-application
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8580