Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: About zarpgaming hacking policy

About zarpgaming hacking policy 6 years 9 months ago #634636

Assassin wrote:
MyNameBrokeTOU wrote:
Firstly, video evidence of clear hacking should be accepted; a screenshot rarely ever shows a aim hacker and instead is more useful for ESP'ers. Requiring a screenshot of pretty much nothing just seems like an advantage to hacker (especially if there are no visuals)

Secondly people should always have a second chance so rather than giving them a slap on the wrist by telling them not to hack again just ban them for a month; one this deters trolls as they will most likely not wait that long to join back but it also gives active players a chance to come back while the punishment is still severe.
Two days ago a blatant hacker was caught and most likely punished, only for him to come back the next day and continue hacking... the current system just benefits the hacker, nothing else.
this is a good idea and dont forget to give admins rhe ability to ban hackers

Bad idea, there are plenty of mods and admins that get salty and call hacks; giving them power to ban "hacker" is something I'm against, that's why I'm saying that video evidence of CLEAR hacking should be accepted rather than the word of an mod/admin.
And in many cases an Sa+ is needed to find hackers (ESP'ers) as you've got pretty much 0 chance at finding someone using those kind of hacking without a screenshot.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
Login or register to post a reply.

About zarpgaming hacking policy 6 years 9 months ago #634642

MyNameBrokeTOU wrote:
Assassin wrote:
MyNameBrokeTOU wrote:
Firstly, video evidence of clear hacking should be accepted; a screenshot rarely ever shows a aim hacker and instead is more useful for ESP'ers. Requiring a screenshot of pretty much nothing just seems like an advantage to hacker (especially if there are no visuals)

Secondly people should always have a second chance so rather than giving them a slap on the wrist by telling them not to hack again just ban them for a month; one this deters trolls as they will most likely not wait that long to join back but it also gives active players a chance to come back while the punishment is still severe.
Two days ago a blatant hacker was caught and most likely punished, only for him to come back the next day and continue hacking... the current system just benefits the hacker, nothing else.
this is a good idea and dont forget to give admins rhe ability to ban hackers

Bad idea, there are plenty of mods and admins that get salty and call hacks; giving them power to ban "hacker" is something I'm against, that's why I'm saying that video evidence of CLEAR hacking should be accepted rather than the word of an mod/admin.
And in many cases an Sa+ is needed to find hackers (ESP'ers) as you've got pretty much 0 chance at finding someone using those kind of hacking without a screenshot.

have a good staff team then lol
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

About zarpgaming hacking policy 6 years 9 months ago #634877

Keith Cozart wrote:
What the hell is going on in this community. Seems that the staff members have lost all their powers doing anything themselves using their own brains. you don't HAVE to screenshare someone to catch the cheating. I swear to god i am gonna come back with DCX and we are gonna beat every single person on the staff lists ass.

the policies have changed since you were last cm xx
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

About zarpgaming hacking policy 6 years 9 months ago #634892

In all honesty (and if it's blatantly obvious that someone is hacking) then it's just easier to permaban those on the spot, regardless of an anticheat screenshot or not. If they have no intention of playing the server it's just easier to ban them instantly than to let them go and cause havoc on people, whilst if they do intend on playing the server then they can easily make an appeal and admit that they were hacking. Likewise if they do it again then they can just be permanently banned again. It would make the admins jobs much easier and allows them to put their time into other things such as handling reports on the server instead of making a ban/warn request. IMO it's one of the best methods of dealing with hackers and just causes less hassle and much less for the staff team to deal with. I vaguely remember on FP that EMP use to give people a chance to admit that they were hacking and if they did then they would be given another chance to stop using them, but if they lied then he would just permanently ban them with no chance of appealing. Likewise I think this is another good method to dealing with hackers and that the staff team would probably benefit in using a method like this.
  • Crocodile
  • Junior Boarder
  • chute made my karma -21 for no reason
  • Thanks received: 191

About zarpgaming hacking policy 6 years 9 months ago #634913

This is a change outside the owners comfort zone which is probably why they're affraid to change ethos to something stricter. But there are more fun ways to punish people.

For example if you are caught hacking you will be put in a special made jail exposed for everyone to see. There you have to stay H * AOP (Amount of players) And if you go afk for longer than 1 minute you get kicked. So 40 players currently online when he got caught is equal to 40 hours This is way more fun than a shitty warning.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

About zarpgaming hacking policy 6 years 9 months ago #634916

Aspect wrote:
This is a change outside the owners comfort zone which is probably why they're affraid to change ethos to something stricter. But there are more fun ways to punish people.

For example if you are caught hacking you will be put in a special made jail exposed for everyone to see. There you have to stay H * AOP (Amount of players) And if you go afk for longer than 1 minute you get kicked. So 40 players currently online when he got caught is equal to 40 hours This is way more fun than a shitty warning.

That's A Great Idea.
  • _DeletedAcc_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ex-Player (Aj107)
  • Thanks received: 52
-
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

180 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127