Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Should there be a moderator age restriction?

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80019

OutstandingCitizen wrote:
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
i would like to appeal to the moderators of this forum that this thread is closed on the basis that it influences a prejudice and is of stereotypical origin, with regard the members who have been on this planet less than 16 years, and as such it doesn't correspond with ZARP's 'open to all' mindset.

pathetic chris you are pathetic my opinion is not based on a stereotype but my personal experience with the moderators on the server but whatever

no.

no.

no.

pathetic outstanding, you are.

everything about your argument is prejudicial as it is explicitly stating that those under 16 are not competent of moderating a server, and assumes that this is the case for all in that category when it simply isn't

It is not prejudiced Chris this is based on my experiences please read

it is. i couldn't care less about your experiences. people are arrested all the time because they make protests about certain religions and say that they are all responsible for the actions of others. it is still prejudice and if I have to spell out the logic as to why it is then so be it:

- you acknowledge that some staff members under the age of 16 are good, some are bad. you also acknowledge that not all over the age of 16 are good either.
- you say that the solution to this problem is to bar any under 16 from joining the staff team.
- you are therefore labelling under 16s as immature in their entirety based on some experiences, and thus it is a prejudicial concept.

Some staff over 16 are bad at their job you are a good example but still I think that people with more years would be better at dealing with situations understanding how the world works and dealing with it from there

yes! for all of those people who have taken customer support aptitude tests for a job at tesco as they are of legal working age will benefit the community greater than moral decency
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The topic has been locked.

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80020

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
i would like to appeal to the moderators of this forum that this thread is closed on the basis that it influences a prejudice and is of stereotypical origin, with regard the members who have been on this planet less than 16 years, and as such it doesn't correspond with ZARP's 'open to all' mindset.

pathetic chris you are pathetic my opinion is not based on a stereotype but my personal experience with the moderators on the server but whatever

no.

no.

no.

everything about your argument is prejudicial as it is explicitly stating that those under 16 are not competent of moderating a server, and assumes that this is the case for all in that category when it simply isn't

it is. i couldn't care less about your experiences. people are arrested all the time because they make protests about certain religions and say that they are all responsible for the actions of others. it is still prejudice and if I have to spell out the logic as to why it is then so be it:

- you acknowledge that some staff members under the age of 16 are good, some are bad. you also acknowledge that not all over the age of 16 are good either.
- you say that the solution to this problem is to bar any under 16 from joining the staff team.
- you are therefore labelling under 16s as immature in their entirety based on some experiences, and thus it is a prejudicial concept.

Some staff over 16 are bad at their job you are a good example but still I think that people with more years would be better at dealing with situations understanding how the world works and dealing with it from there

SHOTS FIRED!
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80021

GregoryTWIX wrote:
I for one am for demoting all moderators under 16 and disallowing any moderator applications for people under 16 because they are not experienced enough in the real world with dealing with people + I see a lot of moderators who are about 13 breaking rules consistently and because they're mods they get away with it the young moderators are given far to much power and do not understand the repercussions of their actions. I was once an admin on elite roleplay which had an age restriction of 16 this made sure that many people who applied were more mature and understand the responsibility that comes with being an admin also with less young moderators this should mean a more mature older clientele for the server

I do understand that there are some good young mods but they are in a minority compared to the excessive amount of immature and disrespectful abusers that make up the young mods on the server

Pathetic idea, everyone is allowed to have fun. Especially in ZARP where EVERYONE is welcome.

Did you even read my post seriously man? I never said ban people under 16 for fucks sake I said that a lot of moderators under 16 were bad at their job and there should be a restriction instead I get a lot of butt hurt young kids being immature and proving my point instead of working with the point or thinking of a way to gain more mature staff

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80022

Chris didn't you get demoted?
  • WannaBeAdmin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80023

you are a good example

didn't see that bit very clearly, might want to type through the medium that is your fingers rather than your arse otherwise the words tend to become very unclear and much more like "dfusadghio g fsdji fsdapofsad pio"

i'm sure the majority of these people would disagree with the little snide remark you had to slip in there:

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...04-the-final-curtain
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80024

Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:

no.

no.

no.

yes! for all of those people who have taken customer support aptitude tests for a job at tesco as they are of legal working age will benefit the community greater than moral decency

please explain how your point counters mine? older people have more experience dealing with people this is a fact what does this have to with tesco?

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80025

WannaBeAdmin wrote:

Didn't you get denied as mod?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruul

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80028

WannaBeAdmin wrote:

yeah, I was semi demoted

but if you keep your fascist, prejudicial views up here i will have been in the community role for ah let's see, 10 months more than you will be respected in this community?

you are targeting ZARP's target audience

probably not going to go down well unless chute decides that he is going to take away every social quality zarp strives fore.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80029

Chris wrote:
you are a good example

didn't see that bit very clearly, might want to type through the medium that is your fingers rather than your arse otherwise the words tend to become very unclear and much more like "dfusadghio g fsdji fsdapofsad pio"

i'm sure the majority of these people would disagree with the little snide remark you had to slip in there:

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...04-the-final-curtain

please don't mention a snide remark of mine and then say something even more snide and immature back it just shows hypocrisy

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80030

Yes I did get denied for mod because of the little kid mods which give me unfair warnings. Also I am glad you got demoted chris as you let admins abuse **cough cough Zer0nix cough cough**
  • WannaBeAdmin
  • Fresh Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80031

WannaBeAdmin wrote:
Yes I did get denied for mod because of the little kid mods which give me unfair warnings. Also I am glad you got demoted chris as you let admins abuse **cough cough Zer0nix cough cough**

Mad?

Mad.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80032

Chris wrote:
WannaBeAdmin wrote:

yeah, I was semi demoted

but if you keep your fascist, prejudicial views up here i will have been in the community role for ah let's see, 10 months more than you will be respected in this community?

probably not going to go down well unless chute decides that he is going to take away every social quality zarp strives fore.

Is Zarps target audience is 8-14?

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80033

older people have more experience dealing with people this is a fact

oh yeah, because hitler formed the third reich when he was older than 16, he's a prime example of someone who can be more inspirational than the likes of stephen sutton (and before you say he died at the age of 19, he was doing great things for many of his teen years, some of which fall under that now-so forbidden category of under 16)

[for anyone who fails to see the sarcasm in this response, i'll clarify my sarcasm and state that I completely condemn adolf hitler and all of his injustices]
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Chris.

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80034

Exrobite wrote:
WannaBeAdmin wrote:

Mad?

Mad.

please be quiet young one your opinion is invalid and immature and is poisoning the thread

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80035

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Exrobite wrote:
WannaBeAdmin wrote:

Mad?

Mad.

please be quiet young one your opinion is invalid and immature and is poisoning the thread

The thing is, I'm the one who's mature enough to know that this will never happen.

How can one poison a dead man?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skipii

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80036

Chris wrote:

oh yeah, because hitler formed the third reich when he was older than 16, he's a prime example of someone who can be more inspirational than the likes of stephen sutton (and before you say he died at the age of 19, he was doing great things for many of his teen years, some of which fall under that now-so forbidden category of under 16)

Chris please stop trying to seem like an intellectual because you really do just hide bullshit behind big words your words add nothing to the argument please put forward a valid point where an 11 year old is far more mature than an 18 year old
The following user(s) said Thank You: WannaBeAdmin

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80037

Extrobite I am not mad? the server will be mad soon when it stops getting donations as most people will realize that the server is full of 10 year old mods which get given power.
  • WannaBeAdmin
  • Fresh Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80038

Chris wrote:
WannaBeAdmin wrote:

yeah, I was semi demoted

Is Zarps target audience is 8-14?

ZARP has a wide target audience, forgive me.

what I was meaning to allude to is that the majority of members are under the age of 16, and if you don't believe me I can go and find the hard stats from the feedback survey of 2013 Q4.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80039

Chris wrote:

Chris please stop trying to seem like an intellectual because you really do just hide bullshit behind big words your words add nothing to the argument please put forward a valid point where an 11 year old is far more mature than an 18 year old

Thats what he tried to do when I reported an admin. He used big words to try and hide the fact that the admin broke the rules and used his powers to give his team an advantage.
  • WannaBeAdmin
  • Fresh Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 5 months ago #80040

Chris wrote:

Can we incorporate mental handicaps?

And why are you using the example of 11 y/os when your post is about <16s
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

242 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127