Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Regarding the new owners

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751159

Xuecs Payne wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Polsee wrote:
I just wanted to get something off my chest becuase this has been bugging me for awhile. I've already spoke to some people about my opinions on the whole situation, however I wanted to express it here as well. To be clear, this is just my personal opinions, so some people might disagree with me and that's totally fine.

Annie and Sarah, a very interesting choice... I have nothing against them, I just don't think that they deserve being owners. Don't get me wrong, they're both great staff members but they don't have any experience with servers (At least to my knowledge). I just find it weird to choose someone who doesn't know how to manage a server. They're both great at managing the staff team but that's basically it. The idea of a owner is someone who manages the server, adds new content and keeping the server in a "healthy" state. I don't think they're capable of that. I could be wrong here, they might surprise us in the future. Again.. No hard feelings but I just don't get it how Sarah was the best candidate for this position. She haven't been active for a while and I don't recall she have done anything for the server. This applies to Annie as well although she hosts the meetings and that's what she does.

JJ and I had planned an update for the server which I was going to implement on the server because most of the staff team was expecting me to get owner. I have a lot of experience with game servers and I have some basic C# knowlegde but I can't really make a script from scratch. Well at least not something useful for the server. I made a lot of changes to the new deathrun gamemode and fixed some issues as well. So I know how to change some coding and that basically it but that's better than not knowing anything at all. I'm aware that we have developers, so it's not necessary to know any coding language. I've also been fixing maps for the server for quite some time now, so I've at least tried to improve the gameplay on the server.

I feel like this should've been done in a different way. It could've been done similar to how they pick the community manager. Make a list of the suitable candidates and ask them if they would like to become the next owner. Then hold an interview for each of the candidates, ask them what they're capable of and then proceed from there. That would've been much better and would've been better for the server.

In conclusion they're probably gonna do an excellent job and I could be completely wrong but I don't think they deserved it compared to other candidates.

I've also explained that your continuous inactivity on Teamspeak is the primary factor for you not getting this promotion yourself. Only for these past few weeks have you only been showing up, which is great and all, but Annie as well as Sarah have continuously spent their time on the Teamspeak as well as on the server helping around and improving the relationships between all the staff members.

Activity on teamspeak is more important that activity on the server itself?

www.gametracker.com/player/SarahAnne/play.zarpgaming.com:27035/

Sarah has barely even played on the server the past month. The only thing i would bring her up for is a demotion. I dont know how the deathrun deals with things but there must be an explanation for this horrible activity.

I wont talk about annie due to the fact that he is really sensitive.

Again as i don't play deathrun at all i got no idea of how things work there or what these individuals do so i cant really argue much about it.

I don't directly play on the live surf server, however i still spend a lot of my time on TS talking with onion, or even on steam involving updates and plans, then i spend time on a test server making stuff, such as the up coming Christmas update.

Havent read the whole thing.

You are already an owner. Sarah was a super admin with almost no activity on the server. As a super admin she doesnt plan any updates or spend time on test servers so that argument is invalid in this situation.

And you're already wrong involving an update, seeing as i've already stated on the forums, that Sarah before she got owner, had came to me, with plans for deathrun that would need changing/developing, as an UPDATE.

Annie has tried/attempted to understand server end stuff, and has shown that, which is MORE than others. Sarah has also come up with ideas, communicated with people for them plans, and has SHOWN the attempt to improve the server.

As of the comment of me being already owner, I got promoted to owner on surf, and at the time, i didn't do anything with GLua for a rather long time and even then was only little shit when i did.

From what these comments show, only few actually understand the process of when new server owners are picked, AND WHAT we look for.

Like for fuck sake, I voted for onion to co-own Surf, because he showed dedication, he had a few inputs to a few of the updates for server, and hosted the meetings. He wasn't promoted due to him being able to MANAGE the server it's self or Code, because fuck he can't wrap his head around it, SOOOOO, he does meetings,forums, and puts input/ideas in to updates.

SO before you guys go commenting, this that and the other, thinking you understand the owner rank, and the requirements, go out and gets some facts before you do, at the moment, you just look like naive people, not understanding, or taking in others words of what they know for a fact.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SarahAnne, Annie Moonise, Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751160

smo wrote:
Anon buddy I'm getting too much negatives, I'm in need of more positives on why these people were choosing you defend them but you only say they have good TS activity and 1 of the owners is making an attempt to learn LUA its fucking horrific the defense.

Smo, Just stop give them a chance and also I don't think you could do any better than them. Everyone is just complaining about server owners with you most likely don't care about. Like man they are trying their best who cares if they can't code, They can still help out the server as much as they can.

#DealWithIt
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5656
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie Moonise, Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751162

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Polsee wrote:
I just wanted to get something off my chest becuase this has been bugging me for awhile. I've already spoke to some people about my opinions on the whole situation, however I wanted to express it here as well. To be clear, this is just my personal opinions, so some people might disagree with me and that's totally fine.

Annie and Sarah, a very interesting choice... I have nothing against them, I just don't think that they deserve being owners. Don't get me wrong, they're both great staff members but they don't have any experience with servers (At least to my knowledge). I just find it weird to choose someone who doesn't know how to manage a server. They're both great at managing the staff team but that's basically it. The idea of a owner is someone who manages the server, adds new content and keeping the server in a "healthy" state. I don't think they're capable of that. I could be wrong here, they might surprise us in the future. Again.. No hard feelings but I just don't get it how Sarah was the best candidate for this position. She haven't been active for a while and I don't recall she have done anything for the server. This applies to Annie as well although she hosts the meetings and that's what she does.

JJ and I had planned an update for the server which I was going to implement on the server because most of the staff team was expecting me to get owner. I have a lot of experience with game servers and I have some basic C# knowlegde but I can't really make a script from scratch. Well at least not something useful for the server. I made a lot of changes to the new deathrun gamemode and fixed some issues as well. So I know how to change some coding and that basically it but that's better than not knowing anything at all. I'm aware that we have developers, so it's not necessary to know any coding language. I've also been fixing maps for the server for quite some time now, so I've at least tried to improve the gameplay on the server.

I feel like this should've been done in a different way. It could've been done similar to how they pick the community manager. Make a list of the suitable candidates and ask them if they would like to become the next owner. Then hold an interview for each of the candidates, ask them what they're capable of and then proceed from there. That would've been much better and would've been better for the server.

In conclusion they're probably gonna do an excellent job and I could be completely wrong but I don't think they deserved it compared to other candidates.

I've also explained that your continuous inactivity on Teamspeak is the primary factor for you not getting this promotion yourself. Only for these past few weeks have you only been showing up, which is great and all, but Annie as well as Sarah have continuously spent their time on the Teamspeak as well as on the server helping around and improving the relationships between all the staff members.

Activity on teamspeak is more important that activity on the server itself?

www.gametracker.com/player/SarahAnne/play.zarpgaming.com:27035/

Sarah has barely even played on the server the past month. The only thing i would bring her up for is a demotion. I dont know how the deathrun deals with things but there must be an explanation for this horrible activity.

I wont talk about annie due to the fact that he is really sensitive.

Again as i don't play deathrun at all i got no idea of how things work there or what these individuals do so i cant really argue much about it.

I don't directly play on the live surf server, however i still spend a lot of my time on TS talking with onion, or even on steam involving updates and plans, then i spend time on a test server making stuff, such as the up coming Christmas update.

Havent read the whole thing.

You are already an owner. Sarah was a super admin with almost no activity on the server. As a super admin she doesnt plan any updates or spend time on test servers so that argument is invalid in this situation.

And you're already wrong involving an update, seeing as i've already stated on the forums, that Sarah before she got owner, had came to me, with plans for deathrun that would need changing/developing, as an UPDATE.

Annie has tried/attempted to understand server end stuff, and has shown that, which is MORE than others. Sarah has also come up with ideas, communicated with people for them plans, and has SHOWN the attempt to improve the server.

As of the comment of me being already owner, I got promoted to owner on surf, and at the time, i didn't do anything with GLua for a rather long time and even then was only little shit when i did.

From what these comments show, only few actually understand the process of when new server owners are picked, AND WHAT we look for.

Like for fuck sake, I voted for onion to co-own Surf, because he showed dedication, he had a few inputs to a few of the updates for server, and hosted the meetings. He wasn't promoted due to him being able to MANAGE the server it's self or Code, because fuck he can't wrap his head around it, SOOOOO, he does meetings,forums, and puts input/ideas in to updates.

SO before you guys go commenting, this that and the other, thinking you understand the owner rank, and the requirements, go out and gets some facts before you do, at the moment, you just look like naive people, not understanding, or taking in others words of what they know for a fact.

Then we should be expecting a deathrun update with new content soon right?
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751163

Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Anon buddy I'm getting too much negatives, I'm in need of more positives on why these people were choosing you defend them but you only say they have good TS activity and 1 of the owners is making an attempt to learn LUA its fucking horrific the defense.

Smo, Just stop give them a chance and also I don't think you could do any better than them. Everyone is just complaining about server owners with you most likely don't care about. Like man they are trying their best who cares if they can't code, They can still help out the server as much as they can.

#DealWithIt
Never use that emoji again
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751165

smo wrote:

From my knowledge neither of them know anything todo with glua, which is why Sarah had came to me BEFORE being owner, asking if i could help develop deathrun, and then had told me some of the ideas she had had.
Annie has made an attempt for server end understanding, not coding, the actual management of a server, because there is more to server running than just coding it.

Both sarah and annie have shown a lot of dedication to deathrun, over not just the past few weeks, but for several months in different ways.

I don't get why you can't give them 1 chance, when this community has giving your smug ass so many chances

Xeucs There is already stuff planned to be done, but will take a while to be made, due to the extent of the plan.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Anon_Gaming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SarahAnne, Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751170

Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt
If they cannot code are they going to just post outcomes, move staff up and down ranks, communicate with a random person about them saying the server is shit, is any of this BIG? what a server owner is expected to do cause my god your standards for a owner are fucking shite.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I really need to change my password
  • Thanks received: 571
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Smo change ur password lol
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by smo.

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751172

Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

They can also help out the server as much as they can with their previous ranks, and maybe let people who actually know their stuff about owning servers do it.

Also that "I don't think you could do any better than them" Is like the most shit argument that gets used when you don't have anything else to say, he DOES NOT have to better than them, he is just a member, THEY as owners need to know their stuff.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751173

smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt
If they cannot code are they going to just post outcomes, move staff up and down ranks, communicate with a random person about them saying the server is shit, is any of this BIG? what a server owner is expected to do cause my god your standards for a owner are fucking shite.

Your understanding is still so small, and clearly can't be arsed to read prior comments on this and the outcome thread, that states what is 1. looked for in an owner and 2. what us owners actually do.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751174

Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:

From my knowledge neither of them know anything todo with glua, which is why Sarah had came to me BEFORE being owner, asking if i could help develop deathrun, and then had told me some of the ideas she had had.
Annie has made an attempt for server end understanding, not coding, the actual management of a server, because there is more to server running than just coding it.

Both sarah and annie have shown a lot of dedication to deathrun, over not just the past few weeks, but for several months in different ways.

I don't get why you can't give them 1 chance, when this community has giving your smug ass so many chances

Xeucs There is already stuff planned to be done, but will take a while to be made, due to the extent of the plan.

You are so vague in your reasoning's like sarah and annie "have shown a lot of dedication to deathrun" HOW? Seriously none of this is notable by the users it just adds to my point that these people only speak to the friends and not random people that have questions.

To add onto your comment about my "smug ass" youre an absolute bellend now shut up and stop talking out of your ass
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751177

Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

Your understanding is still so small, and clearly can't be arsed to read prior comments on this and the outcome thread, that states what is 1. looked for in an owner and 2. what us owners actually do.

What is looked for in an owner? Well the expectations are low as fuck so I really cant add to that basically youre saying all we we are people who can give ideas and manage a staff team. low as fuck bro
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751178

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Actually, this is very true. Smo, why are you complaining about the new owners (and "I'm hearing too many negatives" isn't really an argument when you're completely ignoring any positives we're giving you) and unwilling to give them a chance when we've given you way more chances than you're willing to give them? Maybe stop being a pessimistic fuck for the first time in your life and mature up - trust me, this isn't as bad a choice as you're making it out to be.

There are very logical reasons why Sarah and Annie were chosen over others, which I've already stated before. Just give them a chance and we'll see who's right here, rather than this endless complaining using baseless arguments.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SarahAnne

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751180

Raeker wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Actually, this is very true. Smo, why are you complaining about the new owners (and "I'm hearing too many negatives" isn't really an argument when you're completely ignoring any positives we're giving you) and unwilling to give them a chance when we've given you way more chances than you're willing to give them? Maybe stop being a pessimistic fuck for the first time in your life and mature up - trust me, this isn't as bad a choice as you're making it out to be.

There are very logical reasons why Sarah and Annie were chosen over others, which I've already stated before. Just give them a chance and we'll see who's right here, rather than this endless complaining using baseless arguments.

give me the positives and i'll leave
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751181

Sarah's activity isn't even that great , what dedication are you talking about? What is she going to do as an owner that she can't already do as a super-admin/head-admin?
  • Legacy™
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-SSRP Administrator Ex-Deathrun Administrator
  • Thanks received: 163
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, spodermon, MsMs

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751182

CrankyBot wrote:
Well, this is coming out from my own opinion.

Deathrun needed an owner (2 is fine either way).
Now that Deathrun has the owners everyone is procrastinating due to the fact of their lack of experience from others.
I feel like the latter of yous are jumping to the conclusion way too quickly presuming that this was a major flop.
You lot have not seen these two do their duties yet so why are you quick to judge it will fail?
Give it a week or two for crying out loud, I'm pretty sure I thought I'd flop as a TTT & PH Super Admin but hey I'm still here!
Sure there may have been other candidates for the role but you lot seem to ignore the fact this was decided upon by the community team (as all other server owners have been) so for now we're all having to put our trust in these two to bring deathrun up to a good standard and favourable in our community.

All I will say is Annie & Sarah - Good luck, don't let the pressure or complaints get to you and I hope everything works out! :side:

Just bumping my own comment :lol:
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751185

smo wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:

You are so vague in your reasoning's like sarah and annie "have shown a lot of dedication to deathrun" HOW? Seriously none of this is notable by the users it just adds to my point that these people only speak to the friends and not random people that have questions.

To add onto your comment about my "smug ass" youre an absolute bellend now shut up and stop talking out of your ass

We don't publicly announce every little detail about the server right, A lot of updates we keep under wraps, and sometimes even only between 1 or 2 people, for example, only me +onion know all the details for the surf christmas update, None of the CM Team know every detail, they know 1 thing at a vague.

The stuff that gets planned for a server, isn't always for a user to know, that is usually kept between the people working on it, then announce to the staff team before release and then released out to everyone.

So, for a final comment, Smo go do some research on running a server, because Chute hasn't made a successful and still growing community, by half the crap you seem to think an owner is.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751186

Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:

We don't publicly announce every little detail about the server right, A lot of updates we keep under wraps, and sometimes even only between 1 or 2 people, for example, only me +onion know all the details for the surf christmas update, None of the CM Team know every detail, they know 1 thing at a vague.

The stuff that gets planned for a server, isn't always for a user to know, that is usually kept between the people working on it, then announce to the staff team before release and then released out to everyone.

So, for a final comment, Smo go do some research on running a server, because Chute hasn't made a successful and still growing community, by half the crap you seem to think an owner is.
I don't know the whole story about chute, please enlighten me did he Hire emp or some shit?
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751187

I also find it hypocritical that some of you are judging the new owners when half of yous don't even play deathrun nor could care for it.
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: SarahAnne, Annie Moonise, Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751193

CrankyBot wrote:
I also find it hypocritical that some of you are judging the new owners when half of yous don't even play deathrun nor could care for it.
Just because we dont play deathrun it doesnt mean we dont care about the community and its servers.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, spodermon, MsMs

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751195

Xuecs Payne wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:
Just because we dont play deathrun it doesnt mean we dont care about the community and its servers.

Then don't complain. If you don't give us anything to potentially improve on about Deathrun along if you don't know what is on/not on the server. Don't say we can't do anything for the server without giving us a chance and not know what we can put on the server.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section
The following user(s) said Thank You: SarahAnne

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751197

Xuecs Payne wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:

I find that utter nonsense. People would rather see what people say "is a dying server" to be replaced with some other gamemode. Yet Deathrun is doing just fine and you are procrastinating over nothing, you've not seen them these to do anything SO-related.
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by CrankyBot.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

218 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf