Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Regarding the new owners

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751200

Alright boys, you heard what they said, we've never seen them work as owners so we should give em a chance.

Btw, my mom would like to apply for Community Manager, she doesn't know how to turn on the PC but I do that for her, I hope she gets accepted since you guys never saw her work as a Community Manager, because on ZARP, everyone deserves a chance right?

There were better options, there were far better options, but it's not about good options anymore. It's not about whats best for a server apparently.

You're right, I don't give a fuck about deathrun, but for 4 years, I always came to this forum, and I still care.

Let's take a trip down memory lane and see what happens the last time, someone got an incredibly high rank really quick, that certain person was a staff member on ONE server and was chosen to be a Community Manager, against all odds, somehow (Don't think it was a 100% real vote but whatever) he became Community Manager (wasn't really qualified but the people for that particular gamemode thought otherwise), and had to adapt and play on every server. What happened then? :)
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751204

I'm still lost why people are complaining about this promotion. When Max and myself got TTT owner I was only mod for 1 week and had no developmental experience. Max could develop but not very well compared to now. A lack of development experience or a premature promotion is not always a bad thing, look at me and Max with TTT, went from being the lowest rank server to second most popular.

All I ask is that you give them time to prove their worth to the community.
  • CaptinF1rework
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee, EiPUS, SarahAnne, Anon_Gaming, Annie Moonise and 1 more...

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751205

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
Alright boys, you heard what they said, we've never seen them work as owners so we should give em a chance.

Btw, my mom would like to apply for Community Manager, she doesn't know how to turn on the PC but I do that for her, I hope she gets accepted since you guys never saw her work as a Community Manager, because on ZARP, everyone deserves a chance right?

There were better options, there were far better options, but it's not about good options anymore. It's not about whats best for a server apparently.

You're right, I don't give a fuck about deathrun, but for 4 years, I always came to this forum, and I still care.

Let's take a trip down memory lane and see what happens the last time, someone got an incredibly high rank really quick, that certain person was a staff member on ONE server and was chosen to be a Community Manager, against all odds, somehow (Don't think it was a 100% real vote but whatever) he became Community Manager (wasn't really qualified but the people for that particular gamemode thought otherwise), and had to adapt and play on every server. What happened then? :)

are you serious lol
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751207

seriously who even are these two?
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693
The following user(s) said Thank You: smo

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751209

nice meme

• MsMs
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hey there I'm MsMs
  • Thanks received: 1209
Nothing

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751211

CaptinF1rework wrote:
I'm still lost why people are complaining about this promotion. When Max and myself got TTT owner I was only mod for 1 week and had no developmental experience. Max could develop but not very well compared to now. A lack of development experience or a premature promotion is not always a bad thing, look at me and Max with TTT, went from being the lowest rank server to second most popular.

Because TTT was already at 0 players so whatever you did wouldnt affect anyone : )
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsMs, rudeboy

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751215

Xuecs Payne wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:

Because TTT was already at 0 players so whatever you did wouldnt affect anyone : )

TTT was fucked, Cap + Max took the server, and sorted that fucker out, now is the second highest ranked server in this community. Cap clearly stated where they started and experience, and now look at them both and TTT.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751218

smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Anon buddy I'm getting too much negatives, I'm in need of more positives on why these people were choosing you defend them but you only say they have good TS activity and 1 of the owners is making an attempt to learn LUA its fucking horrific the defense.

Smo, Just stop give them a chance and also I don't think you could do any better than them. Everyone is just complaining about server owners with you most likely don't care about. Like man they are trying their best who cares if they can't code, They can still help out the server as much as they can.

#DealWithIt
If they cannot code are they going to just post outcomes, move staff up and down ranks, communicate with a random person about them saying the server is shit, is any of this BIG? what a server owner is expected to do cause my god your standards for a owner are fucking shite.

Smo, there's a thing called coders within the community for a reason to help out. I think you have something against Woman.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5656
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anon_Gaming, Annie Moonise

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751220

Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Anon buddy I'm getting too much negatives, I'm in need of more positives on why these people were choosing you defend them but you only say they have good TS activity and 1 of the owners is making an attempt to learn LUA its fucking horrific the defense.

Smo, Just stop give them a chance and also I don't think you could do any better than them. Everyone is just complaining about server owners with you most likely don't care about. Like man they are trying their best who cares if they can't code, They can still help out the server as much as they can.

#DealWithIt
If they cannot code are they going to just post outcomes, move staff up and down ranks, communicate with a random person about them saying the server is shit, is any of this BIG? what a server owner is expected to do cause my god your standards for a owner are fucking shite.

Smo, there's a thing called coders within the community for a reason to help out. I think you have something against Woman.

LOL WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU KIDDING ME HAHAHAHAHA

yes i hate woman
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I really need to change my password
  • Thanks received: 571
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Smo change ur password lol
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by smo.

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751221

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:

TTT was fucked, Cap + Max took the server, and sorted that fucker out, now is the second highest ranked server in this community. Cap clearly stated where they started and experience, and now look at them both and TTT.
Again, Max and Captin had nothing to lose. The server was already dead so even if they fucked it up it wouldnt make much of a difference. Deathrun still has some dedicated players and taking such risks will end up killing it.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751222

Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

#WomenHaters
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751224

smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

yes i hate woman

ewww you woman hater get out of here
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751225

smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

yes i hate woman

• Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751227

TheAp4ch3 wrote:

You telling me there were better options?
If you were so good at picking owners, your community that you tried to start would probably be running damn well by now if you did...
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by ParaMontana.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, Anon_Gaming, Raeker

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751228

Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

yes i hate woman

yes man i get all the hoes because im 13 yes
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751230

anyways its a boy and a girl in charge king and queen gl to both of you it seems i'm being overwhelmed with songs and being called a women hater.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751231

smo wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:
Onion wrote:
smo wrote:

#DealWithIt

yes i hate woman

yes man i get all the hoes because im 13 yes

You can't get the hoes if you hate woman man, You on about man hoes
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751233

ParaMontana wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

You telling me there were better choises?
If you were so good at picking owners, your community that you tried to start would probably be running damn well by now if you did...

Oh yeah, because it was the staff that "gave up" on the server. Of course!

But no I definitely agree, there was totally no other choice than making someone owner who has low activity and no idea of coding, I'm obviously just doing this to get the good old Minecraft server back.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by TheAp4ch3.

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751236

Xuecs Payne wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:

Again, Max and Captin had nothing to lose. The server was already dead so even if they fucked it up it wouldnt make much of a difference. Deathrun still has some dedicated players and taking such risks will end up killing it.

honestly i have to jump in here, after 1 update that (might) be dissapointing, maybe even a little it won't inmidiatly effect the 'dedicated players' They HAVE to try and test out and explore and find out player's interrests and their developing skill. TTT did still have dedicated players it wasnt in short 'fucked' a few people played it, and yes max and captin did a great fucking job. But who says sarah and annie can't do the same? Who says sarah and annie are on their own? they have fellow developers to help them and assist them in their new found journey. Im sure they'll do a fantastic job on the deathrun server. And the deathrun server will surely grow. Deathrun is not dead, it even is more alive then since i was staff for an avarage 20+ people a day.

Im really sorry but your point is invalid
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by spodermon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, RFlex, Annie Moonise

Regarding the new owners 6 years 6 months ago #751239

Polsee wrote:
I just wanted to get something off my chest becuase this has been bugging me for awhile. I've already spoke to some people about my opinions on the whole situation, however I wanted to express it here as well. To be clear, this is just my personal opinions, so some people might disagree with me and that's totally fine.

Annie and Sarah, a very interesting choice... I have nothing against them, I just don't think that they deserve being owners. Don't get me wrong, they're both great staff members but they don't have any experience with servers (At least to my knowledge). I just find it weird to choose someone who doesn't know how to manage a server. They're both great at managing the staff team but that's basically it. The idea of a owner is someone who manages the server, adds new content and keeping the server in a "healthy" state. I don't think they're capable of that. I could be wrong here, they might surprise us in the future. Again.. No hard feelings but I just don't get it how Sarah was the best candidate for this position. She haven't been active for a while and I don't recall she have done anything for the server. This applies to Annie as well although she hosts the meetings and that's what she does.

JJ and I had planned an update for the server which I was going to implement on the server because most of the staff team was expecting me to get owner. I have a lot of experience with game servers and I have some basic C# knowlegde but I can't really make a script from scratch. Well at least not something useful for the server. I made a lot of changes to the new deathrun gamemode and fixed some issues as well. So I know how to change some coding and that basically it but that's better than not knowing anything at all. I'm aware that we have developers, so it's not necessary to know any coding language. I've also been fixing maps for the server for quite some time now, so I've at least tried to improve the gameplay on the server.

I feel like this should've been done in a different way. It could've been done similar to how they pick the community manager. Make a list of the suitable candidates and ask them if they would like to become the next owner. Then hold an interview for each of the candidates, ask them what they're capable of and then proceed from there. That would've been much better and would've been better for the server.

In conclusion they're probably gonna do an excellent job and I could be completely wrong but I don't think they deserved it compared to other candidates.

[U:1:65654519][7:10:34 PM] [10/5/2017] Polsee: I mean.. She does host the meetings but that's basically what she is capable of doing. I on the other hand have a lot of experience managing game servers as I've owned mutiple Gmod, Minecraft and CSS servers. However I have a job, so I can't attend the meetings very often.

This is why you weren't chosen polsee due to you not having times to come to meetings very often,
we have to many bad expierences with deathrun owners not even showing up to their own meetings
I brought this forward to every body who had a hand in this vote and they all agreed we cannot have an owner that cannot attend meetings very often
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by ParaMontana.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anon_Gaming, Raeker
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

268 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32