Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Yes Or No For No Ele Camp

Yes 3 42.9%
No 4 57.1%
Total number of voters: 7 ( AceInsidious, BremFM, Clarky, ParaMontana, Sada. ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator)

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #459999

Server Name: SSRP Server 3

Suggestion Title: 4.11 Elevator Shafts - Explosive weapons are not allowed to be shot anywhere near the elevator shaft and the elevator itself, this includes grenades, YOU CAN NOT use the force field next to/inside the elevator. You may not build or print in the elevator shafts on any server.

How would it benefit the server: Gives players a fighting chance

Potential Issues/Exploits: People break it, but is easy to report

Additional notes: I and many people who play server 3 have been tgunned in the elevator opposite spawn, it is REALLY unfair on the raiders who have little to no chance of raiding them. The people defending simply has one or more people just sitting waiting for the doors at the top to open and fire 1 tgun shot in killing everyone in the elevator and it sends it back down just incase you survived, then they reload/holster and equip and do it again and again making them unraidable :( Adding a rule to stop this unfair strategy would make server 3 much better and not just a place to go to launch a cheap/easy nuke. Thank you for reading

EDIT: Edit the rule to be
4.11 Elevator Shafts - Explosive weapons are not allowed to be shot anywhere near the elevator shaft and the elevator itself, this includes grenades, YOU CAN NOT use the force field next to/inside the elevator. You may not build or print in the elevator shafts on any server.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Indiana Jones.
Login or register to post a reply.

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460009

There isn't little to no chance of raiding it. You can throw a c4 onto the elevator and if correctly timed blow everyone within range up. You can also just tgun them back by opening the doors before reaching the top floor...
There are other ways someone could defend besides tgunning that are just as hard to raid including:
M202
M303
Slams
Gauss
RPG
Gluon
Milkor
  • Randayyy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 10

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460011

Randayyy wrote:
There isn't little to no chance of raiding it. You can throw a c4 onto the elevator and if correctly timed blow everyone within range up. You can also just tgun them back by opening the doors before reaching the top floor...
There are other ways someone could defend besides tgunning that are just as hard to raid including:
M202
M303
Slams
Gauss
RPG
Gluon
Milkor

Ok how about make the rule to stop elevator camping? Seems fair imo.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460017

You can still sit by the elevator and aim at head height with a few buddies and mow people down. Either way there is an infinite amount of way to 1 hit people in the elevators...
  • Randayyy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460605

Bump
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460609

+support
  • Scarko
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gr8 b8 m8
  • Thanks received: 85
add me on steam! | Youtube |
http://i.imgur.com/YHTqTfD.png[/center]
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Scarko.

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460626

Try editing the elevator rule and basing yours around it and I will check back here and see what's up and then bring it to the lead team in our next meeting.

4.11 Elevator Shafts - Explosive weapons are not allowed to be shot up or down the elevator shaft, this includes grenades, YOU CAN NOT use the force field next to/inside the elevator. You may not build or print in the elevator shafts on any server.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #460629

RedPowder wrote:
Try editing the elevator rule and basing yours around it and I will check back here and see what's up and then bring it to the lead team in our next meeting.

4.11 Elevator Shafts - Explosive weapons are not allowed to be shot up or down the elevator shaft, this includes grenades, YOU CAN NOT use the force field next to/inside the elevator. You may not build or print in the elevator shafts on any server.

4.11 Elevator Shafts - Explosive weapons are not allowed to be shot anywhere near the elevator shaft and the elevator itself, this includes grenades, YOU CAN NOT use the force field next to/inside the elevator. You may not build or print in the elevator shafts on any server.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #461036

:support:
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy
  • Thanks received: 390

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #461037

RedPowder wrote:

Ok, thank you so much red :D means alot that you care <3
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #461043

RedPowder wrote:

This will help everyone else thanks :)
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 675

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462236

Jackson. wrote:
I and many people who play server 3 have been tgunned in the elevator opposite spawn, it is REALLY unfair on the raiders who have little to no chance of raiding them.

This comment always comes up about basing being 'unraidable' if you actually spent some time and effort, and use something that actually costs money you will be able to get into the base, on multiple occasions we have been raided by people who uses suits such as Juggernauts and other suits like Nano, it's really not hard, put some money into raids and you'll actually get something out of it, there is no need to create a rule stopping you from using explosives defending your base, just use your common sense, pickup an explosive weapon and a Juggernaut and try raiding, simple. It's going to turn into things where people can't do anything, but making it completely biased for raiders, which is not what people want.
  • Brandify
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back for good!
  • Thanks received: 266
Add me on Steam

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462251

Brandify wrote:
Jackson. wrote:
I and many people who play server 3 have been tgunned in the elevator opposite spawn, it is REALLY unfair on the raiders who have little to no chance of raiding them.

This comment always comes up about basing being 'unraidable' if you actually spent some time and effort, and use something that actually costs money you will be able to get into the base, on multiple occasions we have been raided by people who uses suits such as Juggernauts and other suits like Nano, it's really not hard, put some money into raids and you'll actually get something out of it, there is no need to create a rule stopping you from using explosives defending your base, just use your common sense, pickup an explosive weapon and a Juggernaut and try raiding, simple. It's going to turn into things where people can't do anything, but making it completely biased for raiders, which is not what people want.
So each person will have to spend 150m to have a small chance on raiding an elevator base? Why cant you just go base normally without any elevators and tguns. You will see that its more enjoyable. The only reason you dont want this added is because you are profiting from this. I had a dupe which was using a certain prop that gave the user an advantage and it instantly got blacklisted for being over powered and unfair. Why should this be allowed?
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462252

AA RFLeX wrote:
Brandify wrote:
Jackson. wrote:

So each person will have to spend 150m to have a small chance on raiding an elevator base? Why cant you just go base normally without any elevators and tguns. You will see that its more enjoyable. The only reason you dont want this added is because you are profiting from this. I had a dupe which was using a certain prop that gave the user an advantage and it instantly got blacklisted for being over powered and unfair. Why should this be allowed?

The only way a prop would be blacklisted because it would cause an issue such as an exploit etc, by disallowing people to use a special weapon to defend is ridiculous, if they're willing to risk the item lt them use it, it's going to turn into more of a place where you can't do anything because there will be rules on everything.
  • Brandify
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back for good!
  • Thanks received: 266
Add me on Steam

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462254

Wait if there is no boom boom allowed how will. You blow up the base up on DAT nexus ?
  • Seraph
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462255

Brandify wrote:
Jackson. wrote:

But you raid to make money, if you don't have shit tons of money and items raiding is impossible so people don't even bother trying, I really dont think camping elevators is such a game changing rule defenders , it evens out the playing field imo :)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462268

Brandify wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
Brandify wrote:
Jackson. wrote:

The only way a prop would be blacklisted because it would cause an issue such as an exploit etc, by disallowing people to use a special weapon to defend is ridiculous, if they're willing to risk the item lt them use it, it's going to turn into more of a place where you can't do anything because there will be rules on everything.
We already have a rule disallowing special weapons up and down the shaft, what will change if this rule is added? You will still be able to use special weapons but not on the elevator. Just wait for someone to pass the elevator door and then do whatever you want. If you think what you are doing is fair then you need to go on a raider's side and see how "easy" it is to raid. I am not going to risk a 200m suit for a 5% chance to catch you off-guard. Use your brain.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462278

Boys, We're not adding 9 rules just to change 1 rule. It's not going to happen, man, The rule is fine as it is I'm pretty sure.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462279

Jordz wrote:
Boys, We're not adding 9 rules just to change 1 rule. It's not going to happen, man, The rule is fine as it is I'm pretty sure.
If Jackson is kind enough to add a poll we will be able to see what the players think.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhammed Ali

New rule for server 3 (tgun in elevator) 7 years 4 months ago #462291

Brandify wrote:
Jackson. wrote:

You don't even need to do that. Just change your name to something similar to someones name that has no mic and is basing and say you are coming up. ecksdee
  • Randayyy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

210 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun