Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432318

Server Name:
All SSRP Servers

Suggestion Title:
64 Tickrate

How would it benefit the server: It would benefit the server by actually be able to hit pepole and the hit would actually detect, I hit pepole around 6 times in the head and they're not dying sometimes, and literally gone to a point that it's sooooooooooo annoying.

issues/Exploits:

Maybe some lags I think I don't really know about those stuff.

Additional notes:

Pepole are getting so annoyed with this 32 tickrate, the hitboxes are so stupid I can't even play anymore, everytime I hit

pepole over 4 times and do no damage I get so pissed and it's so annoying.

I think everyone on ZARP would want 64 tickrate, I don't see why you won't accept this so please do it's my only

Request right now that will make ZARP so much better.
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 130
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Want

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432322

:plussp:
  • Want
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • L4GY
  • Thanks received: 238
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Want.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432324

:plussp: No sleepless nights.
  • TimeForPug
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1213

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432325

OptiC wrote:
Maybe some lags I think I don't really know about those stuff..

That has been made clear.
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by ParaMontana.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432326

ParaMontana wrote:
OptiC wrote:
Maybe some lags I think I don't really know about those stuff..

That has been made clear.

But bro, 64 tickrate will be so amazing, I went to a DARKRP server and I literally tapped everyone there with no problem, if this makes more lags who cares do something to fix it.
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432327

:plussp: Zarp Owners should take a look into this :)
  • Sinisters Grin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 64

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432329

This is impossible. Its Garry's Mod not CSGO what you expect? To have the best tickrate possible and the best hit registration ever? Lol
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432343

This has been suggested many times before and as EMP always stated it won't work properly.

EMP wrote:
No offence to anyone in this thread, but most of you don't truly understand what it is your talking about, CSS is a fairly different game then gmod and CSGO is on a newer version of the engine entirely. Trying to use them to compare to GMOD is honestly irrelevant. DarkRP is a very performance heavy gamemode, that is trying to run in a single threaded decade old engine. What CSS and CSGO don't have to worry about is LUA. You've said that as far as you know it only effects usage and as I've said before means that GMOD and CSS are very different environments. All of the custom stuff that the server is doing * 90 people + higher tickrate = a much worse server experience in our option. We've spent years (Chute has almost been doing this for a decade now) running Gmod servers, and the tickrate is set a level we feel confident will provide the most consistent experience for a 90 slot server.

That being said we've made massive performance improvements to the gamemode over the past year, so it might be plausible to run the servers at 60 tickrate.

Not to mention alot of the issues you mention of bugs in Garrys Mod that is effected by the lack of precision in Source over an extended server uptime and is not something that even Garry can fix.
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Roy Harper.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432349

Coutinroy wrote:
This has been suggested many times before and as EMP always stated it won't work properly.

EMP wrote:
No offence to anyone in this thread, but most of you don't truly understand what it is your talking about, CSS is a fairly different game then gmod and CSGO is on a newer version of the engine entirely. Trying to use them to compare to GMOD is honestly irrelevant. DarkRP is a very performance heavy gamemode, that is trying to run in a single threaded decade old engine. What CSS and CSGO don't have to worry about is LUA. You've said that as far as you know it only effects usage and as I've said before means that GMOD and CSS are very different environments. All of the custom stuff that the server is doing * 90 people + higher tickrate = a much worse server experience in our option. We've spent years (Chute has almost been doing this for a decade now) running Gmod servers, and the tickrate is set a level we feel confident will provide the most consistent experience for a 90 slot server.

That being said we've made massive performance improvements to the gamemode over the past year, so it might be plausible to run the servers at 60 tickrate.

Not to mention alot of the issues you mention of bugs in Garrys Mod that is effected by the lack of precision in Source over an extended server uptime and is not something that even Garry can fix.

So why on other DARKRP gmod server the hitboxes are fine and on ZARP they're fucking horrible?
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432352

OptiC wrote:
Coutinroy wrote:

EMP wrote:

So why on other DARKRP gmod server the hitboxes are fine and on ZARP they're fucking horrible?
Hit boxes are made by the game developers
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432355

AA RFLeX wrote:
This is impossible. Its Garry's Mod not CSGO what you expect? To have the best tickrate possible and the best hit registration ever? Lol
Pretty sure you can have higher tickrate if you have a better server, Rather then a 5$ french one.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mobile Task Force Gunner.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432368

Mobile Task Force Gunner wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
Pretty sure you can have higher tickrate if you have a better server, Rather then a 5$ french one.

I forgot how many servers you owned and ran with as many people as this? Please remind me.

$5 in France.... haha fucking hilarious Bro I literarily can't even control myself because of how original and funny that joke was.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432370

AA RFLeX wrote:
It always makes me laugh seeing people like you try and act like they have any idea of how anything works. When in all reality you don't. You really shouldn't post acting like you do, you just look silly when someone who ACTUALY does understand and knows how things really work around here comes along.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432383

So, EMP, what you're saying is, pepole will keep getting annoyed? I'm litreally seconds before breaking my pc because of this shitty "hitboxes" if that's what it is.
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432386

I'm not sure but it might be the M9K weapons that bugs out too.
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432390

RedPowder wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:

I forgot how many servers you owned and ran with as many people as this? Please remind me.

$5 in France.... haha fucking hilarious Bro I literarily can't even control myself because of how original and funny that joke was.
From What I know If you have a good quality Server You can run higher tickrate at Higher player Count. Server 1 Is on the verge of crashing with 30/40 Players on so yeah. And Yes, From my Experience French Servers are Most of the time low quality. I never ran 1 but Ive played in tons of Them.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432394

EMP wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
It always makes me laugh seeing people like you try and act like they have any idea of how anything works. When in all reality you don't. You really shouldn't post acting like you do, you just look silly when someone who ACTUALY does understand and knows how things really work around here comes along.
Mind explaining how it works in short? If Im not mistaking Server Quality is the Major Factor on Hit Reg Consistency. What else Can effect The Hit Detection and Why is it so Severe?

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432407

RedPowder wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:

From What I know If you have a good quality Server You can run higher tickrate at Higher player Count. Server 1 Is on the verge of crashing with 30/40 Players on so yeah. And Yes, From my Experience French Servers are Most of the time low quality. I never ran 1 but Ive played in tons of Them.

Well thanks for proving my point because 3 out of the 5 top server providers all have datacenters in France so where ever u got your servers or information from is bad.

I've been on most of the top darkrp / modified darkrp server in my region when they have had a lot of players and they have all been laggy.

Ps: You could have e the best of best and put a bunch of stuff in it and it would still end up having lag in the end.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by RedPowder.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432411

Can we just lock this topic, it's a no as EMP said.
(100th post gg)
  • SammyZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • SAM#6200
  • Thanks received: 340
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by SammyZ.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] 64 Tickrate 7 years 6 months ago #432415

RedPowder wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:

Well thanks for proving my point because 3 out of the 5 top server providers all have datacenters in France so where ever u got your servers or information from is bad.

I've been on most of the top darkrp / modified darkrp server in my region when they have had a lot of players and they have all been laggy.

Ps: You could have e the best of best and put a bunch of stuff in it and it would still end up having lag in the end.
The Thing is though The lag is not the problem but rather The hit detection consistency. For example Ive seen alot of Servers Where it lags Quite hard sometimes But The hit detection There is quite Solid. Also Its quite weird how Mostly French Servers are inconsistent Compared to Other Servers Like British, American etc... Which is what lead me to Assume That French Servers are low quality. Its more of a Hit Reg Problem Rather then a Rubberbandy one. Id like to mention aswell That When Server 3 launched It had a REALLY good and reliable Hit Reg. The server was Lagging quite hard but The hit detection worked beautifully, Which is what Lead me to believe That The problem has to do with the server. Server 1 (French Server) Had really bad hit detection, And Server 3 (USA) Had Even better hit detection Despite The fact That I had x3 higher ping.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

178 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
1/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop