Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424727

I just want to say, do not lock this thread. It should be open to discussing for EVERYONE of the TTT staff, a completely open discussion until a verdict is made at the meeting.

Server Name:

TTT

Suggestion Title:

Title of this Thread

How would it benefit the server:

It would make sure every staff member is doing their job, I and lots of other staff have noticed other staff going AFK in spectator for 30+mins playing for 10 mins, then going AFK again.

So people would be aware that the staff in the current team are actually doing their job, it would also motivate staff more to keep their job.

Now keep this in mind, those with a valid reason for being off, are fine. If you have a bad week, or something personal has happened, this does not effect you, as you will not be on the server.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

None

Additional notes:

Every single TTT staff member should vote on this in the meeting. Which should be planned out to maximise how many staff are actually there. Not just admins, or super admins or head admins only.

Currently lots of higher up staff say it's not against the rules, and it's completely fine. Which in all honesty, is a fucking joke.

People can get positioned for up ranks if nobody notices this AFK farming, a moderator, despite doing nothing, if he has on average 45 mins a day, could be faced with promotion, as according to some SA+ it's completely fine.

The SA ".uzi" made a Excel Spreadsheet showing who did not meet up to par, and if they had a reason for doing so, and when they had no reason to have no activity, nothing was done. 2 people out of 5 in question were "dealt with". And those were the only dealth with as they were away for MONTHS. And it turns out one of them resigned, so only one was dealt with to our knowledge. Out of 5.

Now I found something that has also been brought up. Spoderman, the TTT admin said he was dealing with IRL problems or whatever, cool, that's fine.

But he has hours upon hours on SSRP this week. Which I find quite funny, nobody has checked up on him. And because of this, he has abused the system in which excuses are made in. He still plays ZARP while saying he cannot play ZARP. Does real life duties stop ZARP TTT only?

Time Proof:

Server 1: www.gametracker.com/player/Spoderman/dar...arpgaming.com:27015/

Server 2: www.gametracker.com/player/Spoderman/dar...arpgaming.com:27025/

Server 3: www.gametracker.com/player/Spoderman/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/

In total: 1678 Minutes or 27.96667 hours, let's round that to 28 hours.

So in total, 28 hours this week playing SSRP, yet he has been caught time farming this week by ".uzi" and has said he's unable to come on ZARP due to problems. Yet here he is. 28 hours this week. But nothing was done about him when ".uzi" brought him up. Why not?

So I suggest all TTT staff come forward with their own opinion on this, people should be demoted for this, not protected. It's simply unacceptable and it's insulting to staff members who actually give 2 fucks about the server and if it runs smoothly.

Proof of staff supporting AFK time farming:

Spoder AFK farming:

Talking about Brandify actively AFK farming while this discussing is going on:

Screenshots provided by .uzi
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by CeeZee.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424730

I totally agree with ceezee , they cant do that
  • TheRealKitty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rawr :C
  • Thanks received: 3

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424733

This needs to be globally ironed out and clarified. We were told that there's nothing wrong with time farming and "as long as they're doing their job its fine" when time farming implies they're not doing anything. Yet, when we ask if there's anything we can do about it, we're told to report them to the lead team. But surely there is absolutely no point in doing so if the same people said there's nothing wrong with it?

Please have this dealt with, it's absolutely ridiculous how such a simple concept is causing so many problems for the staff team.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424734

I believe some staff like to stay on the server whilst doing other things so that they can quickly respond if there are any major issues.
It's always better to have more staff rather than less on the server AFK or not.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5062

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424736

Chuteuk wrote:
I believe some staff like to stay on the server whilst doing other things so that they can quickly respond if there are any major issues.
It's always better to have more staff rather than less on the server AFK or not.
But we're not talking about doing other things, I mean they are 100% focused on other things. The people in question are completely unresponsive on the TTT server and even on Steam.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424739

Chuteuk wrote:
True there's not many TTT staff members and even the presence of a admin or mod is enough to stop someone from breaking rules which is why it's good that they're there afk or not
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424741

Chuteuk wrote:

If I came on the server, and saw admins/mods/SA's AFK in spec not helping the server, I'd quit to be honest. No staff online is better for the reputation than staff online, doing nothing. We're not talking, tabbing in every 10 minutes, doing some reports, then going AFK again, we're talking going AFK for 30 minutes, coming back, playing a round then going AFK again.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424744

The CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

If I came on the server, and saw admins/mods/SA's AFK in spec not helping the server, I'd quit to be honest. No staff online is better for the reputation than staff online, doing nothing. We're not talking, tabbing in every 10 minutes, doing some reports, then going AFK again, we're talking going AFK for 30 minutes, coming back, playing a round then going AFK again.

There are no negatives to having more players rather than less on the server. It's as simple as that.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424746

Chuteuk wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

There are no negatives to having more players rather than less on the server. It's as simple as that.

Well there is, such as staff feeling it's pointless trying to work on keeping the server clean from rule breakers. Why do anything if someone doing nothing apparently does a good of a job as you? And is still liable for a promotion?
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424747

What about the staff who are actually doing their job?
What about the staff who put in time playing over those who sit in spectator all the time, who are unresponsive and don't do reports?
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424749

The words 'staff ethos' are very poorly picked. The topic is not about the staff's general approach on handling things, it's about a specific problem called timefarming. Timefarming has always been a thing for staffmembers who fail to reach the minimum time played per week but still don't want to resign for whatever reason. I'm not one to defend this timefarming, however I suggest you take into consideration that sometimes people have a reason to 'afk' as a spectator so they could i.e. make their homework and check on the reports every 10 minutes if no other staffmember is online. Finally, as you already mentioned, dealing with inactive staffmembers is the lead team's job. If they fail to keep track of their staffmembers' activity they're not doing their job.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424750

The CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Well there is, such as staff feeling it's pointless trying to work on keeping the server clean from rule breakers. Why do anything if someone doing nothing apparently does a good of a job as you? And is still liable for a promotion?

Obviously the staff team when casting their vote can take into account those who have put more time into the server over others who have been AFKing.

This is unrelated to the matter of people AFKing of which it's simply the case that having more players is favourable in every scenario. The gamemode has a built in system to stop AFKing players affecting gameplay.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Chuteuk.

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424751

It doesn't do anything to staff who sit in spectator for very long periods of time, unresponsive and doing nothing. They're left untouched as it stands.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .uzi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeZee

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424753

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

But why would they take it into account? It's not currently against the rules to time farm? According to multiple higher up staff?
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424757

I was AFK for under 10 minutes to literally make food and then get something to help my throat, I've been ill, when I'm AFK I'm AFK for a actual reason and when I'm not AFK I'm playing and helping out.

If the whole point is about being AFK and not doing their jobs, then I've been called multiple times into TTT when there's been no staff online, and I've had to deal with situations so it's completely invalid about people being AFK, as long as they do their job there should be nothing to complain about.
  • Brandify
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back for good!
  • Thanks received: 266
Add me on Steam

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424758

Chuteuk wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Obviously the staff team when casting their vote can take into account those who have put more time into the server over others who have been AFKing.

This is unrelated to the matter of people AFKing of which it's simply the case that having more players is favourable in every scenario. The gamemode has a built in system to stop AFKing players affecting gameplay.

AFK players aren't the problem, AFK and inactive staffmembers are. What's the point of having a large staffteam if half of them isn't reachable to help you out? For the inactive ones: I was always told it was safer to remove an inactive staffmembers' powers instead of hoping they will come back or resign one day.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeZee

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424759

Ace wrote:
The words 'staff ethos' are very poorly picked. The topic is not about the staff's general approach on handling things, it's about a specific problem called timefarming. Timefarming has always been a thing for staffmembers who fail to reach the minimum time played per week but still don't want to resign for whatever reason. I'm not one to defend this timefarming, however I suggest you take into consideration that sometimes people have a reason to 'afk' as a spectator so they could i.e. make their homework and check on the reports every 10 minutes if no other staffmember is online. Finally, as you already mentioned, dealing with inactive staffmembers is the lead team's job. If they fail to keep track of their staffmembers' activity they're not doing their job.

We're not talking about those who come out of spec and do reports, we're talking about those who go in spec, come out, play a round, go back in.

If they have homework, they should leave. Dinner? (Unless eating it and playing) Leave. Going out somewhere? Leave.

Seems the lead team have not being doing their job then, as a simple 2 minute check on Spoder I found out that his excuse isn't valid with 28 hours on SSRP this week alone.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424760

No staff online is a completely different scenario to staff who are online, sitting in spectator for hours on end doing nothing. It's plain negligence to their position in the TTT staff team.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424762

Brandify wrote:
I was AFK for under 10 minutes to literally make food and then get something to help my throat, I've been ill, when I'm AFK I'm AFK for a actual reason and when I'm not AFK I'm playing and helping out.

If the whole point is about being AFK and not doing their jobs, then I've been called multiple times into TTT when there's been no staff online, and I've had to deal with situations so it's completely invalid about people being AFK, as long as they do their job there should be nothing to complain about.

You were AFK for over 30 minutes, we have multiple staff witnesses, as well as me having multiple videos of you time farming.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424765

The CeeZee wrote:
Brandify wrote:

You were AFK for over 30 minutes, we have multiple staff witnesses, as well as me having multiple videos of you time farming.

Regardless to however long I was AFK for I was busy with doing something in real life that I can't control, I needed food and I needed to get something to fix my throat.

.uzi wrote:
No staff online is a completely different scenario to staff who are online, sitting in spectator for hours on end doing nothing. It's plain negligence to their position in the TTT staff team.

How? For example if there was 5 staff members online and one of them go AFK if there's situations where 4 staff members can't deal with, then it's not the person who's AFK's fault, I think this argument about people being AFK is completely invalid, the only way I can understand where you're trying to come from is staff who literally do nothing, and literally just come on and AFK from the start to finish.
  • Brandify
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back for good!
  • Thanks received: 266
Add me on Steam
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Brandify.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

251 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop