Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424768

.uzi wrote:
No staff online is a completely different scenario to staff who are online, sitting in spectator for hours on end doing nothing. It's plain negligence to their position in the TTT staff team.

i have only seen 2 staff members sit on afk for over a few hours on the srever. and you told me who those staff memers where.
i spoke to those guys and they totally forgot they were on gmod in the first place. That was dealth with
But i never got ANY other complaints about people sitting on the server for long periods of time not doing their job

and actually if people sit on the server GREAT it boosts our gametracker rank up which will make the server even more popular THATS GREAT!!.

Look i see where ceezee is coming from.
I know that its annoying to see you busting your asss , and then theres some one who sits afk and gets their time in that way .
But things are not going un noticed .

what im saying here is.
If people sit on the server and afk farm all day and do that every day and don't do their job they will end up being receiving a official warning not for the afking but for not doing their job.

It is not against the rules to sit afk.
But we do have a problem with staff not doing their job.
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424773

Brandify wrote:
How? For example if there was 5 staff members online and one of them go AFK if there's situations where 4 staff members can't deal with, then it's not the person who's AFK's fault, I think this argument about people being AFK is completely invalid, the only way I can understand where you're trying to come from is staff who literally do nothing, and literally just come on and AFK from the start to finish.
You argued that because someone came to you about no staff online negates the whole "I sit in spectator for hours doing nothing" scenario.

There's a significant difference to staff just not being online, they might not have the time, might want to play other games. They are not bound to playing TTT 24/7. The fact that you're dismissing the clear issue here because you joined the server once when no other staff were online is mind-boggling to say the least. If a staff member joins the server to time farm, not respond to anybody and just neglect their position. They are doing it on purpose. You should log off if you have to go away and do something for a while, if that's the case.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424775

I Completely agree with CeeZee, I have been mod for about almost 3 weeks and had over 10000mins+ in the server, and i have noticed that there are some staff which i have never seen on, i have also seen staff just join the game and play like 1 round, then just sit in spectator for like 2hrs and then just go and play SSRP or something else, giving no actual effort into their role as a TTT staff member and i thing that people should either leave or be kicked if they are afk for more than 10mins or repeatedly going afk
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 85
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424777

The CeeZee wrote:
Ace wrote:
The words 'staff ethos' are very poorly picked. The topic is not about the staff's general approach on handling things, it's about a specific problem called timefarming. Timefarming has always been a thing for staffmembers who fail to reach the minimum time played per week but still don't want to resign for whatever reason. I'm not one to defend this timefarming, however I suggest you take into consideration that sometimes people have a reason to 'afk' as a spectator so they could i.e. make their homework and check on the reports every 10 minutes if no other staffmember is online. Finally, as you already mentioned, dealing with inactive staffmembers is the lead team's job. If they fail to keep track of their staffmembers' activity they're not doing their job.

We're not talking about those who come out of spec and do reports, we're talking about those who go in spec, come out, play a round, go back in.

If they have homework, they should leave. Dinner? (Unless eating it and playing) Leave. Going out somewhere? Leave.

Seems the lead team have not being doing their job then, as a simple 2 minute check on Spoder I found out that his excuse isn't valid with 28 hours on SSRP this week alone.

I get where you're coming from, but try to understand that not each staffmember that's in spectator is a bad guy. Some simply don't have the time to actually play some rounds so they prefer purely handling some reports while being in spectator. You're being a little to tight on the other points in my opinion, people that want to combine homework with handling reports aren't doing anything wrong, and if you're only going away for a few minutes to eat you really don't have to leave to server, unless it's gonna take like an hour.

As on Spoder: I suggest you check with him personally what's going on instead of making assumptions. You never know what's going on/
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424778

ParaMontana wrote:
what im saying here is.
If people sit on the server and afk farm all day and do that every day and don't do their job they will end up being receiving a official warning not for the afking but for not doing their job.

It is not against the rules to sit afk.
But we do have a problem with staff not doing their job.

But it goes hand in hand, they're purposely going AFK to boost their own activity by also not doing their job. How is this not obvious?
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424779

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Brandify wrote:
Regardless to however long I was AFK for I was busy with doing something in real life that I can't control, I needed food and I needed to get something to fix my throat.

Then leave? It's not hard? Just leave. That's all you have to do.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424780

.uzi wrote:
Brandify wrote:
How? For example if there was 5 staff members online and one of them go AFK if there's situations where 4 staff members can't deal with, then it's not the person who's AFK's fault, I think this argument about people being AFK is completely invalid, the only way I can understand where you're trying to come from is staff who literally do nothing, and literally just come on and AFK from the start to finish.
You argued that because someone came to you about no staff online negates the whole "I sit in spectator for hours doing nothing" scenario.

There's a significant difference to staff just not being online, they might not have the time, might want to play other games. They are not bound to playing TTT 24/7. The fact that you're dismissing the clear issue here because you joined the server once when no other staff were online is mind-boggling to say the least. If a staff member joins the server to time farm, not respond to anybody and just neglect their position. They are doing it on purpose. You should log off if you have to go away and do something for a while, if that's the case.

Why should I log off? I'm allowing my computer to give another active slot on the server which will help the TTT server gain more population the only way this could be an issue if the server was completely full and with people was trying to join, ridiculous things being said here.
  • Brandify
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back for good!
  • Thanks received: 266
Add me on Steam
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Brandify.

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424785

ParaMontana wrote:
I know that its annoying to see you busting your asss , and then theres some one who sits afk and gets their time in that way .

True. You can easily check if someone has been timefarming by checking his score on GameTracker.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf

The following user(s) said Thank You: ParaMontana, Clarky

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424787

Ace wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:
Ace wrote:
The words 'staff ethos' are very poorly picked. The topic is not about the staff's general approach on handling things, it's about a specific problem called timefarming. Timefarming has always been a thing for staffmembers who fail to reach the minimum time played per week but still don't want to resign for whatever reason. I'm not one to defend this timefarming, however I suggest you take into consideration that sometimes people have a reason to 'afk' as a spectator so they could i.e. make their homework and check on the reports every 10 minutes if no other staffmember is online. Finally, as you already mentioned, dealing with inactive staffmembers is the lead team's job. If they fail to keep track of their staffmembers' activity they're not doing their job.

We're not talking about those who come out of spec and do reports, we're talking about those who go in spec, come out, play a round, go back in.

If they have homework, they should leave. Dinner? (Unless eating it and playing) Leave. Going out somewhere? Leave.

Seems the lead team have not being doing their job then, as a simple 2 minute check on Spoder I found out that his excuse isn't valid with 28 hours on SSRP this week alone.

I get where you're coming from, but try to understand that not each staffmember that's in spectator is a bad guy. Some simply don't have the time to actually play some rounds so they prefer purely handling some reports while being in spectator. You're being a little to tight on the other points in my opinion, people that want to combine homework with handling reports aren't doing anything wrong, and if you're only going away for a few minutes to eat you really don't have to leave to server, unless it's gonna take like an hour.

As on Spoder: I suggest you check with him personally what's going on instead of making assumptions. You never know what's going on/

With Spoder, the staff members did. It was a personal reason. It was stated from Spoder himself in the chat. Personal reasons. He has no excuse for playing SSRP but not TTT.

We're not saying every staff member in spectator is evil or bad or whatever, we're saying the ones clearly time farming are.

And the fact theres no rule against it for staff says something.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424788

Brandify wrote:
Why should I log off? I'm allowing my computer to give another active slot on the server which will help the TTT server gain more population the only way this could be an issue if the server was completely full and people was trying to join, ridiculous things being said here.
You should log off because if you sit in spectator for an hour or two, completely unresponsive and not helping anybody in any way shape or form, you're not doing your job. Saying you're boosting the server's gametracker to make it more popular is bullshit. Completely bullshit. People who actually play can do that, so you're not doing anything special.

It's not your job to sit and boost the server's popularity by being a deadweight in spectator. It's your job to help people and act as a role model to the regular players on the server.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeZee

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424790

Ace wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

True. You can easily check if someone has been timefarming by checking his score on GameTracker.

Yet when .uzi brought the people in question up, only 1 was properly dealt with, out of 5? That is not going un-noticed.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424791

The CeeZee wrote:

Brandify wrote:
Regardless to however long I was AFK for I was busy with doing something in real life that I can't control, I needed food and I needed to get something to fix my throat.

This is what I mean with too tight, why would you have to leave just because you have to do something else for 10 minutes? Hell, for some players it takes about half that time to load the server...
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424792

The CeeZee wrote:
Ace wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

Yet when .uzi brought the people in question up, only 1 was properly dealt with, out of 5? That is not going un-noticed.

Already mentioned that in my first comment.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424796

I don't have a problem with people disappearing for 10 or so minutes. It's not necessarily a massive problem at that point. Again, I will reiterate. This is people who sit in spectator for 30 minutes and above (which in my opinion, is a significant period of time consider we ask for 4 hours weekly, which equates to just under 35 minutes a day) not replying to players, other staff, not handling reports etc.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424798

I explained to mature and trustable lead team members that last week i had problems in real life and had a depressing moment and tried to distract myself in a couple of games into csgo and a while in DarkRp. You, who didnt have the shits and didnt care to find out why i was inactive just threw my gametrackers in there and made me look like i'm the fucking bad guy. Well Here you got my excuse

-Sorry The CeeZee for being inactive due the family problems and needed distraction.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424800

Ace wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:

Brandify wrote:

This is what I mean with too tight, why would you have to leave just because you have to do something else for 10 minutes? Hell, for some players it takes about half that time to load the server...

Today he time farmed over 30 minutes. That is what I'm on about, 10 minutes? Sure. But every time I have caught him boosting his time, it has not been 10 minutes. It's been 30+.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Staff Ethos Change 7 years 6 months ago #424801

Please take your personal vendetta to get Brandify demoted somewhere else if this is the way you speak about people I can't blame them for not answering you. We will not punish people for going AFK if they are not doing their job when its needed then report them its that simple. You want us to keep people off the server because they are AFK not doing anything then you need to reconsider your role. If you don't want to do shit because others aint doing it then DONT DO IT nobody is forcing you to do it and nobody is forcing them to do it. We do check on what people do and don't do and we do check to see if their story is valid. This is really a silly thing to bring up because you never know when you will get caught slipping. Being AFK is not a bad thing and will never a bad thing.

PS: Where did you even get this title from? Its got nothing to do with people going AFK and even before the ethos was in place we still let staff take breaks and go AFK we are not trying to run a sweat shop here.

/Locked
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

252 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127