Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A message to SSRP staff team

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600642

NercoLive wrote:
ChummyXRay wrote:
People talking about staff getting away with constant reports on them when they forget users get a warn system as well. I'm privy to what punishment Emmitt received and that is has affected him. Just because you are not informed of a private discussion between staff does not mean there is no oversight. Sure, it is upsetting not being allowed to know and I can see why it appears that the reports aren't taken seriously, but they are.

Just because players are staff, especially mod, does not mean they have an absolute grasp and understanding of all rules. If everyone that got staff was an instant master of all things considered rules and could be guaranteed to enforce them, we'd have no need to bother with a apply/promotion system. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but that is how Zarp works, you get more chances than most communities. I would assume multiple chances for repeated and severe rule breaks would resonate with someone here, but apparently not.

Lastly, nothing in the rules specifies what ammo exploit is. You can argue all you want that staff should know what it is, but that isn't how it works. The rules should clearly define what are deemed exploits, but rather it broadly declares exploiting isn't allowed.

Most moderator (i include myself in this) took time to read all the rules wroten rules 1 by 1 to be sure to understand them. If you go see there is a rule about exploiting (in general) but not especially ammo exploit . I didnt even thinked about doing it and i just learned that people were doing and i think a rule should be wrote about it to make sure people dont get confused about if this is an exploit !
What are you saying? It's very obviously an exploit EMP and Chute never intended for their to be binds to equip weapons and stuff, smart people just found them out. It's obviously not an intended feature to skip reloading by simply slipping it in between your ass cheeks and pulling it back out with ammo.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8585
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Demote Request - EMMITT TILL [SSRP] 6 years 10 months ago #600643

XxmasterxX wrote:
I'ts just diffrent with each staff member one might warn you one might let you off with an verbal warning. very few would do that But I was one of the guy who let people off with verbal and they would usually not do it again!

I almost always verbal warn people rulebreaking and if they do it again i start warning them !
  • NercoLive
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Don't let the World bring you down!
  • Thanks received: 25

Steam Link : steamcommunity.com/id/NercoLive

Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:42046663

Demote Request - EMMITT TILL [SSRP] 6 years 10 months ago #600647

NercoLive wrote:
XxmasterxX wrote:
I'ts just diffrent with each staff member one might warn you one might let you off with an verbal warning. very few would do that But I was one of the guy who let people off with verbal and they would usually not do it again!

I almost always verbal warn people rulebreaking and if they do it again i start warning them !
I hope you're still following the Ethos though ;)
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Demote Request - EMMITT TILL [SSRP] 6 years 10 months ago #600673

Yes i am
  • NercoLive
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Don't let the World bring you down!
  • Thanks received: 25

Steam Link : steamcommunity.com/id/NercoLive

Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:42046663

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600693

This is what I cannot stand, the assumptions. Never said someone was stupid, but you'd be stupid to think every conversation regarding abuse went the same as your's. Without violating Emmitt's trust, I can't tell you what was said, but it wasn't a "don't do it again, that was bad." Chute himself talked to him, I'd assume that alone tells you it wasn't an issue that was just glossed over.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 650
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ChummyXRay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeppe, Raeker

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600707

ChummyXRay wrote:
This is what I cannot stand, the assumptions. Never said someone was stupid, but you'd be stupid to think every conversation regarding abuse went the same as your's. Without violating Emmitt's trust, I can't tell you what was said, but it wasn't a "don't do it again, that was bad." Chute himself talked to him, I'd assume that alone tells you it wasn't an issue that was just glossed over.
I bet he got a slap on his wrist and no sweets for a week
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
  • Thanks received: 1318

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600708

ChummyXRay wrote:
Okay I'll rephrase "Make sure you don't do it again, and check over any rules you're un-certain of, let us know now if you need help".
  • Nafe

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600710

@ the haters and complainers
You should ask your self why is zarp so good to me?
Because on any server you would have been perm banned already ages ago without possibility to get unbanned . You are all extremely ungreatfull. The chances we offer yall are being put to waste here. Do something about it
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ParaMontana.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, Roy Harper, Gody, Jeppe, Raeker and 1 more...

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600716

ParaMontana wrote:
Because on any server you would have been perm banned already ages ago without possibility to get unbanned . You are all extremely ungreatfull. The chances we offer yall are being put to waste here. Do something about it
I think what the people want is stricter staff management because as I've noticed, abusing and braking server rules coming from a staff member is looked very lightly upon.
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
  • Thanks received: 1318

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600717

el une spodermun wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
I think what the people want is stricter staff management because as I've noticed, abusing and braking server rules coming from a staff member is looked very lightly upon.
Precisely, staff management is pretty poor at the minute, somethings needs to be done.
  • Nafe

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600727

I still remember like a year and some months ago using props and recoloring them to make them almost invisible to hide printers, then para came across the printer and saw the props, he wanted to ban me for exploiting, I had to talk my way out of it for about 10 minutes how its not specified in the exploit rules and I didnt know, so instead of actually adding something to the rules like the ammo exploiting and the prop colors/material clarification, we now get people who get community banned 2-3 times, showing no signs of change after coming back of each ban, and still getting more chances. Emmit got now what 4-5 demote requests accepted on him and he's still a staff member? What in the actual fuck happened in the past 1-2 years with the staff and rulebreak management?
  • Fantasy
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 193
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, el une spodermun

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600774

AceInsidious wrote:
Coutinroy wrote:
I saw this not needing to be brought up in the lead team meeting due to how small of a thing it is. If it was a player and I was dealing with it I would have verbally warned them if they did not know the rule. It was how I saw it fit, if this happens again then of course further action would be taken.

Roy it is still a rule break doesn't matter How small it is. It is also one of the easiest one. Staff should know all the rules. Simple

Did you know the rule before someone explained it to you? Exploiting is the rule that is easily causes confusions in the staff team. The rule only defines exploiting, there is nothing that states what the exploits are, he wasn't told about this before so he didn't know.

And for the people assuming Emmitt's past reports have gone untouched, action was taken and it wasn't just a talking to, so please stop assuming what's going on in the lead team.

Edit: Just realised Emmitt said half that I said rip
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Roy Harper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600797

Well, I'm with Para here because what he's saying is true
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Gody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600799

If you exploit this rule as a player and you have no recents FOR exploiting, then most likely you would be able to kindly apologize and get away with a verbal warning. Staff are handled differently due to their role, a staff member wouldn't be affected by an ingame punishment. Staff are taught to not punish any other staff member ingame, but to report them to our leadteam. I believe we are currently very low on staff and that maybe the reason we do not kick or demote staff members if they break or are not aware of a minor rule. You know what happend to me once? I once teleported the whole server to my location, was I demoted? The awnser is no, I had done something wrong and I had LEARNT from it, if
I would have been demoted, they would have lost a staff member who was sorry and could do many more good things. We all make mistakes and we should learn from our mistakes. And you guys should all appreciate the hard work that the staff team puts into the server and you should appreciate the many chances you get after you messed up.
  • Pegasus
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • CEO of Pegasus Corporation
  • Thanks received: 317

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600818

PegasusPrimus wrote:
If you exploit this rule as a player and you have no recents FOR exploiting, then most likely you would be able to kindly apologize and get away with a verbal warning.
False. Someone with no recents for ammo exploiting or exploiting as a whole had very unclear proof brought up against them of ammo exploiting, which may I add wasn't valid, got a 2 week ban because the admin who banned him was friends with the reporter.

I'm not suggesting this, this was a real scenario.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4291

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by SorIe.

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600825

Sorle wrote:
PegasusPrimus wrote:
If you exploit this rule as a player and you have no recents FOR exploiting, then most likely you would be able to kindly apologize and get away with a verbal warning.
False. Someone with no recents for ammo exploiting or exploiting as a whole had very unclear proof brought up against them of ammo exploiting, which may I add wasn't valid, got a 2 week ban because the admin who banned him was friends with the reporter.

If that was the situation, report the staff member, as this would be a totally over the top punishment.
  • Pegasus
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • CEO of Pegasus Corporation
  • Thanks received: 317

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600829

ParaMontana wrote:
@ the angry rpers and people with a right to complain
Oh cool great argument dig up peoples past when it has nothing to do with the topic, Quality
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600830

ParaMontana wrote:
I understand what you're saying. However, you're attempting to dodge the issue at hand here.

Staff management is currently way too lenient.

Want an example?

ME.

I fucked up time and time again, betrayed YOUR trust, got around 5 or 6 accepted reports against me, and I didn't even get an official. It was quite incredible, actually.

I feel like anyone who has been community banned more than once should never get unbanned, and there should be a stricter ethos regarding staff, because in theory they are meant to have an elevated knowledge of the rules.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600833

PegasusPrimus wrote:
Sorle wrote:
PegasusPrimus wrote:

If that was the situation, report the staff member, as this would be a totally over the top punishment.
the appeals and reports were denied.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600837

Coutinroy wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
Coutinroy wrote:
I saw this not needing to be brought up in the lead team meeting due to how small of a thing it is. If it was a player and I was dealing with it I would have verbally warned them if they did not know the rule. It was how I saw it fit, if this happens again then of course further action would be taken.

Roy it is still a rule break doesn't matter How small it is. It is also one of the easiest one. Staff should know all the rules. Simple

Did you know the rule before someone explained it to you? Exploiting is the rule that is easily causes confusionsin the staff team. The rule only defines exploiting, there is nothing that states what the exploits are, he wasn't told about this before so he didn't know.

And for the people assuming Emmitt's past reports have gone untouched, action was taken and it wasn't just a talking to, so please stop assuming what's going on in the lead team.

Edit: Just realised Emmitt said half that I said rip
Exploiting is the rule that is easily causes confusions
Makes sense.
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by AlphaLyle.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

266 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf