Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A message to SSRP staff team

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600515

Lewis_is_java wrote:
JoeSweeney wrote:
Please can you change the title as I didn't know that this was ssrp specifically and was confused with how it said to ZARP staff team and not ZARP ssrp staff team. Please do this to avoid further confusion.
I'm going to personally buy you a bin and you're going to get in it
I'll roll with that
  • JoeSweeney
  • Senior Boarder
  • Resigned Deathrun Admin
  • Thanks received: 67
The topic has been locked.

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600527

Sorry i didnt know mass RDMing 100 people wasnt allowed sorry i wont do it again
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3851
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, el une spodermun

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600536

I scammed and will not give back the items because I didn't know it was a rule, permaban me if you wish, I'll just go to Garry Newman.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8585
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, 0yc37xrk6m, MichaeI

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600541

I literally bhopped around the server 1tapping anyone that did as much as came in my line of sight using a fucking hack, but I didn't know it was a rule so I'm exempt from any punishment
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4291

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashy

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600542

People shouldn't be banned most of the time for this.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Legendary Soldier.

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600546

Tyler Durden wrote:
People shouldn't be banned most of the time for this.

Thing is, they should be.
It's a very big exploit, ruins players' experience.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600580

Coutinroy wrote:
I saw this not needing to be brought up in the lead team meeting due to how small of a thing it is. If it was a player and I was dealing with it I would have verbally warned them if they did not know the rule. It was how I saw it fit, if this happens again then of course further action would be taken.

Roy it is still a rule break doesn't matter How small it is. It is also one of the easiest one. Staff should know all the rules. Simple
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, el une spodermun

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600581

AceInsidious wrote:
Coutinroy wrote:
I saw this not needing to be brought up in the lead team meeting due to how small of a thing it is. If it was a player and I was dealing with it I would have verbally warned them if they did not know the rule. It was how I saw it fit, if this happens again then of course further action would be taken.

Roy it is still a rule break doesn't matter How small it is. It is also one of the easiest one. Staff should know all the rules. Simple

Finally a L-T member with a brain.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceInsidious

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600584

What is a ammo exploit ?
  • NercoLive
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Don't let the World bring you down!
  • Thanks received: 25

Steam Link : steamcommunity.com/id/NercoLive

Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:42046663

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600588

NercoLive wrote:
What is a ammo exploit ?

My fucking lord.
You have a psg, you shoot 10 shots, you holster it and re-equip it with a bind and boom you skill ammo reload timer, giving yourself an immense advantage.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600589

NercoLive wrote:
What is a ammo exploit ?
Just by the way sarcasm unless blaintently obvious is impossible to read through text, your (hopefully) joke is a flop.
  • Nafe

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600593

lMichaell wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
Coutinroy wrote:

Mate I just came home from work with the boys. I opend up a shit ton of cold ones and still I can think better LUL
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600597

NercoLive wrote:
What is a ammo exploit ?

• AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600598

AceInsidious wrote:
lMichaell wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
Coutinroy wrote:

Mate I just came home from work with the boys. I opend up a shit ton of cold ones and still I can think better LUL

• MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceInsidious

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600627

People talking about staff getting away with constant reports on them when they forget users get a warn system as well. I'm privy to what punishment Emmitt received and that is has affected him. Just because you are not informed of a private discussion between staff does not mean there is no oversight. Sure, it is upsetting not being allowed to know and I can see why it appears that the reports aren't taken seriously, but they are.

Just because players are staff, especially mod, does not mean they have an absolute grasp and understanding of all rules. If everyone that got staff was an instant master of all things considered rules and could be guaranteed to enforce them, we'd have no need to bother with a apply/promotion system. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but that is how Zarp works, you get more chances than most communities. I would assume multiple chances for repeated and severe rule breaks would resonate with someone here, but apparently not.

Lastly, nothing in the rules specifies what ammo exploit is. You can argue all you want that staff should know what it is, but that isn't how it works. The rules should clearly define what are deemed exploits, but rather it broadly declares exploiting isn't allowed.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 650
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ChummyXRay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper, Jeppe, Raeker

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600628

lMichaell wrote:
NercoLive wrote:
What is a ammo exploit ?

My fucking lord.
You have a psg, you shoot 10 shots, you holster it and re-equip it with a bind and boom you skill ammo reload timer, giving yourself an immense advantage.

:O i tough people were doing this in real life, i dont know why its not allowed ive seen so much real people doing this when they ran out of ammo. (And i think everyone should know this trick in movies this is much more realistic)
  • NercoLive
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

A message to ZARP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600631

I'm kind of neutral on this matter. I agree with Cout that it was his own judgement and under different circumstances I would have probably made the same choice.

However, Ace is right to say that staff should know all rules - no matter how small or insufficient that rule might seem.

And Emmit has been reported many, many times about rulebreaks. He should know the rules at this point, yet he is still getting reported for breaking them.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, 0yc37xrk6m, AceInsidious, MichaeI, el une spodermun

Demote Request - EMMITT TILL [SSRP] 6 years 10 months ago #600632

I'ts just diffrent with each staff member one might warn you one might let you off with an verbal warning. very few would do that But I was one of the guy who let people off with verbal and they would usually not do it again!
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600634

ChummyXRay wrote:
People talking about staff getting away with constant reports on them when they forget users get a warn system as well. I'm privy to what punishment Emmitt received and that is has affected him. Just because you are not informed of a private discussion between staff does not mean there is no oversight. Sure, it is upsetting not being allowed to know and I can see why it appears that the reports aren't taken seriously, but they are.

Just because players are staff, especially mod, does not mean they have an absolute grasp and understanding of all rules. If everyone that got staff was an instant master of all things considered rules and could be guaranteed to enforce them, we'd have no need to bother with a apply/promotion system. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but that is how Zarp works, you get more chances than most communities. I would assume multiple chances for repeated and severe rule breaks would resonate with someone here, but apparently not.

Lastly, nothing in the rules specifies what ammo exploit is. You can argue all you want that staff should know what it is, but that isn't how it works. The rules should clearly define what are deemed exploits, but rather it broadly declares exploiting isn't allowed.
As someone who was spoken to back when if you abused you'd just get an official warning, I remember the conversation ending all the time as "Don't do it again", everyone knows this is how conversations about reported abuses go, nobody is stupid.
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

A message to SSRP staff team 6 years 10 months ago #600637

ChummyXRay wrote:

Most moderator (i include myself in this) took time to read all the rules wroten rules 1 by 1 to be sure to understand them. If you go see there is a rule about exploiting (in general) but not especially ammo exploit . I didnt even thinked about doing it and i just learned that people were doing and i think a rule should be wrote about it to make sure people dont get confused about if this is an exploit !
  • NercoLive
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

117 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127