Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Inactive staff

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437387

This has been an issue for a while now and I have decided to bring it up, I am not going to me mentioning anyone in particular but I think this issue needs to be addressed.
Many of the staff try the hardest to make the server a really good place and try to ensure that everyone has fun, and recently a lot of staff members have been inactive, or have only played for the 4hrs a week. I personally think that 4 hours is simply too easy and some people only have the rank because they are trusted due to high playtime on things like SSRP so everyone loves them or they get the bare minimum playtime so they don't get spoken too. A certain staff member who I will not be mentioning has only played 21mins in the past 20days which is simply ridiculous, considering they still hold their rank is something beyond mystery.

Personally I think the lead team need to go through the game trackers of these people and additionally raise the required playtime based on your rank, currently It is 4hrs for everybody, I think changing it so that Admins would need 5hrs, SA's would need 6hrs HA's would need 7hrs and then the owners of the server should have 8hrs(considering they own TTT). I am not targeting anyone individually here I am targeting the large amount of TTT staff that have bare minimum activity on TTT and why they should be spoken to because I believe this is a big issue and needs to be resolved.
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 85
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437392

Meh, Anyways good luck with your sells I guess.
  • gogojack9
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 135

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437394

currently It is 4hrs for everybody, I think changing it so that Admins would need 5hrs, SA's would need 6hrs HA's would need 7hrs and then the owners of the server should have 8hrs(considering they own TTT).

No. This is stupid; and you know it.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437395

If you'd like to report staff buddy, you can report them to Max or Captin if you wish!
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437396

The system is fine as how it is. We look into activity every week and speak to the ones who do not meet our standards. Also why should higher ups have to play more on the server? It should all be equal.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437399

The Owners develop the server, do they need to play the most on the server as well?
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437402

This is a terrible idea. this is NOT going to happen.
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437408

Inactive staff are noticed by the staff team is its in the process of being dealt with accordingly. I can definitely say that it's not going unnoticed. As Jordan has already mentioned, feel free to make an official complaint and we'll do our best to handle it appropriately.

As for your suggestion concerning the increasing activity standard depending on your rank - no. That is entirely unfair. I work full time now and find it hard sometimes to squeeze out four hours in a week, but I still do. I'm not willing to bind myself to Garry's Mod to meet a 7/8 hour requirement subsequently restricting my free time.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437413

.uzi wrote:

As for your suggestion concerning the increasing activity standard depending on your rank - no. That is entirely unfair. I work full time now and find it hard sometimes to squeeze out four hours in a week, but I still do. I'm not willing to bind myself to Garry's Mod to meet a 7/8 hour requirement subsequently restricting my free time.
How is it unfair, higher the position the more responsibilities you have.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437415

You realise the owners put a lot of hours in for the server every week. We might not be on the server as much be we do alot of work. I personally have been working on things which I am sure you guys will really like it takes up alot of time to create new things for the server. Just cause you don't see us doesn't mean we are not working.
  • _Max
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sup
  • Thanks received: 1002

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437418

AA RFLeX wrote:
.uzi wrote:

So we're going to have to fit in so much time a week when we all have school, jobs and so on. Remember that this is a volunteering position to be apart of and same as uzi, I can only just fit in about 4 hours of activity. My reason is due to how busy my life can be around this time of the year, especially when I got my final exams coming up and other servers to staff on.

It should all stay equal for everyone, this is just a terrible idea and will never happen.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437419

AA RFLeX wrote:
Its unfair because you would have to play half the time an owner would and you'd have orders of magnitude less responsibilities. Ultimately making it much easier to satisfy the requirements which Liam is complaining about in the OP.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .uzi.

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437433

Clarky wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
.uzi wrote:

So we're going to have to fit in so much time a week when we all have school, jobs and so on. Remember that this is a volunteering position to be apart of and same as uzi, I can only just fit in about 4 hours of activity. My reason is due to how busy my life can be around this time of the year, especially when I got my final exams coming up and other servers to staff on.

It should all stay equal for everyone, this is just a terrible idea and will never happen.
It just gives a bad example to mods and admins that stay and help the server for hours a day, i mean if you cant even get 4 hours a week (as uzi previously said) then i dont think you should keep this positon, as it shows how granted you have the position, now yes life always comes first and if you got no free time then why force yourself to play a game for 4 hours just to keep a "rank"
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437434

AA RFLeX wrote:
.uzi wrote:

Are we talking about computers or people here?

if you got no free time then why force yourself to play a game for 4 hours just to keep a "rank"
Verbally warn that activity is low, then demote if needed. Tah-dah the lead meeting.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Studio Banter.

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437438

AA RFLeX wrote:
Clarky wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
.uzi wrote:

It just gives a bad example to mods and admins that stay and help the server for hours a day, i mean if you cant even get 4 hours a week (as uzi previously said) then i dont think you should keep this positon, as it shows how granted you have the position, now yes life always comes first and if you got no free time then why force yourself to play a game for 4 hours just to keep a "rank"
I never said I could not reach 4 hours, I reach at least 4 hours or above. And this is something I like to do to keep myself busy and helpful to others who want help in and out of the game. I am nowhere near forcing myself to play the server as I really like the game mode and the player base within the server as it has brought many new community members and some that I have made good friends with.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437439

Clarky wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
Clarky wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
.uzi wrote:

I never said I could not reach 4 hours, I reach at least 4 hours or above. And this is something I like to do to keep myself busy and helpful to others who want help in and out of the game. I am nowhere near forcing myself to play the server as I really like the game mode and the player base within the server as it has brought many new community members and some that I have made good friends with.
I di
I never specificly said that you force yourself or that you barerly reach 4 hours of gametime a week, it was just a response to your previous message.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437484

Well I mean the funny part is, Liam is proposing the exact opposite of the current state of the TTT team, the higher up you go, the less work for the actual server you do.

Higher staff keep going on about "doing a lot" behind the scenes yet have avoided being transparent with the community on exactly what they're doing, and last I heard over a month ago a "big update" was "coming soon" and it has yet to arrive.

So perhaps some transparency is what the community needs rather than a new time rule.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liamkis123

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437495

Clarky wrote:
The system is fine as how it is. We look into activity every week and speak to the ones who do not meet our standards. Also why should higher ups have to play more on the server? It should all be equal.

I mean nothing bad Clarky, but you say you look, yet I mentioned somebody with 21mins in the past 20days which is almost three weeks, there is either something seriously wrong with my game tracker or somebody is fibbing
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437500

Bare in mind, People have work,school etc and some of the TTT staff are staff in multiple servers. Some servers take up way so much of our time, Like for example SSRP takes up alot of Max's time etc.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[TTT] Inactive staff 7 years 5 months ago #437502

And many staff members have said about how their real life is effecting their in-game time such as Clarky, then why don't you simply step down from your position for the brief time your final exams are so that you can focus on getting the good grades and not have to worry about keeping something such as a mere 'rank', at the end of the day everybody in the community trusts you and knows that you are good so simply stepping down with mean nothing from someone like you because you'd get your position back straight away after all your exams are, I guess what I am trying to say here is, if you feel pressurised by having to keep up playtime and focus on your 'Final exams' then surely you should quit you roles at ZARP until you exams which will determine your life are over, then you'd have no stress and no worries and you could fit in time with all servers you are staff on suck as TTT and SSRP
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun