Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The use of misleading / racist words

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728604

One of the biggest issues, words which I don't want to say get removed even if they're not offending anyone

Rhys: Jenga sent him a game with the n word in it and the picture got removed, the word wasn't actually offending anyone and it got removed, I'm sure if anyone got offended which they probably wouldn't would've reported it. I just wanted to put this out as it is the internet and even if a word isn't directed towards a person in a harmful manner if gets removed.

I don't want to start anything but it was just on my mind.
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058
Login or register to post a reply.

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728611

A bunch of racists could join the teamspeak in a private spacer and hating on all sorts of different races and discriminating in there, just because they're not offending anyone in their channel does that make it okay?

No, even if nobody is offended we have rules and obviously something with a racial slur will be removed regardless if it didn't offend anyone.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728612

Morgan wrote:
A bunch of racists could join the teamspeak in a private spacer and hating on all sorts of different races and discriminating in there, just because they're not offending anyone in their channel does that make it okay?

No, even if nobody is offended we have rules and obviously something with a racial slur will be removed regardless if it didn't offend anyone.

I'm not talking about the teamspeak it's just the forum and I'm just stating my opinion and seeing what other people believe about this
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728615

Gody wrote:
Morgan wrote:

I'm not talking about the teamspeak it's just the forum and I'm just stating my opinion and seeing what other people believe about this

Teamspeak, Forums, Servers, same thing. The racism rule is on all of them, and yes i'm also just posting my opinion but it's also the rules.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728616

Context doesn't matter here
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728687

I believe if the racist word isn't being used in a discriminative way it should be allowed eg songs etc

Cmon its the 21st century the world has adapted the n-word as much more than a racist slur, if it has a non discriminative context why shouldn't it be allowed, honestly who is going to be offended by rap song with the n word in it.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, loxeo

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728696

A word has as much power as a person lets it have

It honestly bothers that its such a harsh rule (ironic cause I say a lot of bad shit)

I see no reason why someone should be punished if no one involved is bothered or offended its when ts in a spacer is concerned I see no reason why the rules would be as harsh as in a public room or when in a room with just people you know WHO DONT GET OFFENDED. I have had quite a few ts bans over that shit, example I was in a room with tadgee and morgan, morgan had mic muted and me and tadgee were talking how we do and I was talking about a huge 18th party im having and tadgee said is gamersfunhouse going and I said yeah boiiii then he said is his brother going and I simply said "OH MY N-WORD BRAZZERAXE" BAM INSTANTLY MORGAN UNMUTES MIC AND BANS ME. No one got offended and it effected no one...

Actual racism should be punished but simply saying something that effects NO ONE AT ALL shouldnt...

Just my opinion tho
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin, SwiiFTz

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728699

Also another point

If you actually get offended over a word that CAN'T OFFEND YOU aka getting offended by being called a N-WORD while being white you need to fuck right off and get out head out your arse :)

Grow a fucking pair its words that dont offend 99% of zarp players or gamers in general
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728700

I like how you can say cracker or other discriminatory words but if you say N you're instantly banned.
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728744

DarrenB wrote:
I like how you can say cracker or other discriminatory words but if you say N you're instantly banned.
double standards
  • Diet Water
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 747

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728761

how to start a shit show 101

if there's specific rules set on racism, then obviously the racist thing is going to get removed even if it doesnt offend anyone. its like killing a homeless dude who has no family and then telling the cops that it's okay because no one will miss him, you're still going to prison.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by RubyTheSlump.

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728764

RubyTheSlump wrote:

if there's specific rules set on racism, then obviously the racist thing is going to get removed even if it doesnt offend anyone. its like killing a homeless dude who has no family and then telling the cops that it's okay because no one will miss him, you're still going to prison.
Hes not trying to start a shit show you brainless mong, he is showing his opinion on something which he thinks should change and your analogy is stupid and wrong
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red_, Gody

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728765

Mr Ping wrote:
Also another point

If you actually get offended over a word that CAN'T OFFEND YOU aka getting offended by being called a N-WORD while being white you need to fuck right off and get out head out your arse :)

Grow a fucking pair its words that dont offend 99% of zarp players or gamers in general
Micky is the 1%
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728770

Ascenesion wrote:
Mr Ping wrote:
Also another point

Micky is the 1%

I understand that and I fully respect if he would take offence to it therefore I will NEVER say anything that could be offensive towards him even if it was in a joking way. I know my boundaries with jokes and thats a personal thing NOT following rules on something
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728771

Thanks for the majority of people that stated their views on this topic and I believe if a racist word is in a song it shouldn't get removed and then you get banned. Also mr ping had a good point, here again I'm here to just state opinions etc. I hope this gets noticed by others
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728773

This thread offends me. pls remove
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gody

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728777

RealDenis wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:

Hes not trying to start a shit show you brainless mong, he is showing his opinion on something which he thinks should change and your analogy is stupid and wrong

glad to see the zarp community is still cancerous and triggered by the smallest things
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728783

RubyTheSlump wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:

glad to see the zarp community is still cancerous and triggered by the smallest things

If you can't keep quiet then don't bother saying anything you're just trying to start drama and controversy on a post that doesn't even need it. It's a base of people stating their opinions on a small rule in the community
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728791

its just a word tho
  • Hoi
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 513

Thank you Nexize for VIP

Resigned Global moderator, TTT/DarkRP Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, Gody

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728793

Gody wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:

If you can't keep quiet then don't bother saying anything you're just trying to start drama and controversy on a post that doesn't even need it. It's a base of people stating their opinions on a small rule in the community
im not trying to start anything. this quote ''brainless mong'' came here throwing insults for absolutely no reason, and as a man i cant be expected to take shit from others. knowing the zarp staff, im probably gonna get banned for saying cancerous and this will still be seen as starting drama but whatever, not gonna let some ''brainless mong'' be a cunt out of the blue.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP

• Page: