Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The use of misleading / racist words

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728833

The key to this is why can’t people control themselves enough not to use an offensive word? Regardless of its context? If you can’t control yourself enough to not being able to say it your probably not old enough to say it anyways.

Also why have any rules? RDM isn’t end of the world no one “really” gets hurt nobody “really” dies so why have that rule? I’ve seen very few communities that are popular that just let people have their way.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by RedPowder.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gody

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728908

RubyTheSlump wrote:
Gody wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
RubyTheSlump wrote:
how to start a shit show 101

if there's specific rules set on racism, then obviously the racist thing is going to get removed even if it doesnt offend anyone. its like killing a homeless dude who has no family and then telling the cops that it's okay because no one will miss him, you're still going to prison.
Hes not trying to start a shit show you brainless mong, he is showing his opinion on something which he thinks should change and your analogy is stupid and wrong

glad to see the zarp community is still cancerous and triggered by the smallest things

If you can't keep quiet then don't bother saying anything you're just trying to start drama and controversy on a post that doesn't even need it. It's a base of people stating their opinions on a small rule in the community
im not trying to start anything. this quote ''brainless mong'' came here throwing insults for absolutely no reason, and as a man i cant be expected to take shit from others. knowing the zarp staff, im probably gonna get banned for saying cancerous and this will still be seen as starting drama but whatever, not gonna let some ''brainless mong'' be a cunt out of the blue.
Difference is I like being a cunt to people I have no respect for, if your name was Raeker for example I would have politely disagreed with you but since I have no clue who you are or what relevance you hold the only exposure I got to you was your dumbass point so I have no respect for you so I'll happily be a cunt to you all day long :)
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeppe

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #728973

RedPowder wrote:
The key to this is why can’t people control themselves enough not to use an offensive word? Regardless of its context? If you can’t control yourself enough to not being able to say it your probably not old enough to say it anyways.

Also why have any rules? RDM isn’t end of the world no one “really” gets hurt nobody “really” dies so why have that rule? I’ve seen very few communities that are popular that just let people have their way.

Understandable
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729023

Just because you and other have become desensitised to such words does not make them any more acceptable, if we allow people to use these words even with context taken into account people looking in on the community will feel that it is not the right place for them and not feel welcomed to join.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker, CrankyBot

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729027

Sally wrote:
Just because you and other have become desensitised to such words does not make them any more acceptable, if we allow people to use these words even with context taken into account people looking in on the community will feel that it is not the right place for them and not feel welcomed to join.
zarp is full of memer cucks that love saying the word, more people would be dissatisfied with how severe the repercussion are.
i dont see why zarp is pleasing the minority in this case, if we had a vote i could bet my life on the fact that people would want the freedom to use their speech as they wish.
why please the minority.
  • AliceX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by AliceX.

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729041

AliceX wrote:
Sally wrote:
zarp is full of memer cucks that love saying the word, more people would be dissatisfied with how severe the repercussion are.
i dont see why zarp is pleasing the minority in this case, if we had a vote i could bet my life on the fact that people would want the freedom to use their speech as they wish.
why please the minority.

Zarp’s got an obligation to prohibit hate speech and incitement. And restrictions can also be justified if they protect specific public interest or the rights and reputations of others.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729044

In this discussion it doesn't matter whether or not it is "wrong" to say racist and discriminatory terms, or that it is "right" to have a freedom of speech.

There are rules and policies in this community that will have to be upheld, regardless of people's personal opinions. There are plenty of people in the staff team that do not get offended by racist slang, yet if you say it near them you will still be punished regardless.

Context does not matter. As a community we have decided to be accessible to everyone. If we'd allow racist terms such as these, it would hold negative effects on those that do not appreciate it. We would withhold a certain group of people to not feel comfortable in the community, whilst that is not the case the other way around.

There is no "right" or "wrong" here. Only facts and rules, and people that can seemingly not withhold themselves from not following them.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729045

When people post songs with racist words they tell you before hand, I feel it should be the same.
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 675

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729046

Red_ wrote:
When people post songs with racist words they tell you before hand, I feel it should be the same.
Speaking from a Teamspeak perspective, if you play music in a spacer with everyone's permission to play music as well as everyone's permission to play songs that contain racist slur, then it is allowed. It would not be allowed in a public channel, as anyone could randomly join in there, but in spacers it's practically fine.
  • Raeker
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Raeker.

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729048

Raeker wrote:
Red_ wrote:
Speaking from a Teamspeak perspective, if you play music in a spacer with everyone's permission to play music as well as everyone's permission to play songs that contain racist slur, then it is allowed. It would not be allowed in a public channel, as anyone could randomly join in there, but in spacers it's practically fine.

That's why I feel like with the picture with jenga should be allowed as long as there is a spoiler
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 675

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729052

RedPowder wrote:
AliceX wrote:
Sally wrote:
why please the minority.

Zarp’s got an obligation to prohibit hate speech and incitement. And restrictions can also be justified if they protect specific public interest or the rights and reputations of others.
i cant be asked to respond in full, but whos the obligation to?
i doubt your sincerity calling it a public interest as well, i would much rather say its private interest.
and if we are going on about rights, what about the right to speech, which i would claim is just as important.
i think it goes without saying, that there is obviously a line as to what you can say.
that line would be also different for every individual, so the consistency of punishing speech would wary greatly.
i would go much more in depth, but i feel that my words are wasted, nothing will get implemented and i have lost my 5 mins that i will never get back.

• AliceX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729053

Red_ wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Red_ wrote:

That's why I feel like with the picture with jenga should be allowed as long as there is a spoiler
I don't know whether this is valid, but this thread has shown that it is apparently allowed? I really don't know, I don't see how a spoiler properly warns people not to open it if they don't want to, but it should be allowed if it's allowed on this thread.
  • Raeker

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729209

AliceX wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
AliceX wrote:
Sally wrote:
why please the minority.

i doubt your sincerity calling it a public interest as well, i would much rather say its private interest.
and if we are going on about rights, what about the right to speech, which i would claim is just as important.
i think it goes without saying, that there is obviously a line as to what you can say.
that line would be also different for every individual, so the consistency of punishing speech would wary greatly.
i would go much more in depth, but i feel that my words are wasted, nothing will get implemented and i have lost my 5 mins that i will never get back.

The obligation is to the community, the obligation to the people who’s offended by it.

“Freedom of speech" does not mean you get to say whatever you want without consequences. It simply means the government can't stop you from saying it. It also means OTHERS get to say what THEY think about your words.

Well if you can’t even be bothered to get your point across how do you expect anyone to take you serious? Why even bother posting? Also seems kinda of odd some random person just wants to be a racist for no other reason besides you just want it.

At the end of the day it’s really simple; YOU have the right to leave if you don’t like the rules and to be honest I’m not to sure why people would want you here anyways if that’s how you want to speak.

”that line would be also different for every individual, so the consistency of punishing speech would wary greatly” - AliceX <— So depending on your rank you can get away with more? No that would be to easy I bet you mean it depends on who’s saying it so if you’re a complete racist one day you should only get told not to say it but if another member says it they should be punished ?
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, loxeo, Raeker

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729210

In my opinion the rules surrounding racism should be made dependant on context for the simple reason that it is extremely unlikely that a song playing in a public channel containing the n word excluding the hard r suffix would actually offend someone that it should offend. Anyone who claims they are offended are just looking for an excuse to be offended. With Hip Hop being the most popular genre of music in the US and a large number of those songs containing frequent use of the n word it's become clear to anyone who's actually educated that in the context of a song it is perfectly acceptable to use the n word. Obviously lyrics containing blatant racism or the n word with a pronounced -er suffix should be against the rules since they are actually racist but playing a hip hop song containing the n word without a hard r ending should be perfectly acceptable as they are not racist in any way.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729292

Raeker wrote:
Red_ wrote:
]
Then if TS staff come in they don't ask if everyone had permission even if they did but then they ban or mute the person playing
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729551

bump
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729563

If you say something racist it's racist end of.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729564

Morgan wrote:
A bunch of racists could join the teamspeak in a private spacer and hating on all sorts of different races and discriminating in there, just because they're not offending anyone in their channel does that make it okay?

No, even if nobody is offended we have rules and obviously something with a racial slur will be removed regardless if it didn't offend anyone.
join my ts you'll hear what racism is my friend
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1273

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 7 months ago #729566

RedPowder wrote:
AliceX wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
AliceX wrote:
Sally wrote:
why please the minority.

The obligation is to the community, the obligation to the people who’s offended by it.

“Freedom of speech" does not mean you get to say whatever you want without consequences. It simply means the government can't stop you from saying it. It also means OTHERS get to say what THEY think about your words.

Well if you can’t even be bothered to get your point across how do you expect anyone to take you serious? Why even bother posting? Also seems kinda of odd some random person just wants to be a racist for no other reason besides you just want it.

At the end of the day it’s really simple; YOU have the right to leave if you don’t like the rules and to be honest I’m not to sure why people would want you here anyways if that’s how you want to speak.

”that line would be also different for every individual, so the consistency of punishing speech would wary greatly” - AliceX <— So depending on your rank you can get away with more? No that would be to easy I bet you mean it depends on who’s saying it so if you’re a complete racist one day you should only get told not to say it but if another member says it they should be punished ?
Redpowder, it may be sad but it's true, higher ranked members get away with the disrespectful comments, no offense but i would take as an example sometimes our head-admins and above, not stating any of the owners as they don't really do it as often
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1273

The use of misleading / racist words 6 years 6 months ago #729793

Ascenesion wrote:
If you say something racist it's racist end of.
But usage of the n word without the -er ending in a song is not racist but it still gets punished under the racism rule so not really "end of"
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

284 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
17/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40