Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inactivity + help needed

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588052

I'll probably be quite inactive on TTT and SSRP this coming week, got masses of work to do which I've neglected entirely in the proper time allotted. Also, I'm going away for a week on the 13th of June, so I will have no activity from the 13th to the 20th of June.

The thing I need help with:

I find myself to be very unmotivated with school, and I have massive difficulties focusing. Without coffee, I often find myself drained of energy and I can't focus properly (this happens even after 2 weeks of no coffee, so it's not withdrawal), and with it, I crash around 11 AM and find it incredibly difficult to focus past that. Even with it, I find it very difficult to maintain concentration on one specific task, and I get distracted very easily. Oftentimes, even if I get 10 hours of sleep, I still have these issues. I put off doing homework and revision because I tell myself I'll find more time to do it, but I never do. I'm even doing it right now, and I have no idea why, but I have no motivation to revise.

I consistently find myself fidgeting with anything possible, and I act very impulsively. I often gather up lots of energy, use it within about two hours, then just crash for the day and run out entirely.

Any ideas?
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by SorIe.
Login or register to post a reply.

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588059

It is all good.
And for me it is the same.
I am very unmotivated and I am always drained of energy (I don't drink coffee)
I don't know why, but take a break from your PC, that will help.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588061

Get a fidget spinners

On a serious note tho I would recommend you to tell someone about this this could be a medical problem and could be prescribed something at the doctors. Or you could just relax and not drink anything except water, I get concentrated by playing kind of science-math type like games on the computer because its a calm nice atmosphere and its like me being at home. I chat to my mates while im on the computers aswell.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I really need to change my password
  • Thanks received: 571
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Smo change ur password lol

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588062

Life > Zarp

Good luck with school
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588063

Smo wrote:
Get a fidget spinners

On a serious note tho I would recommend you to tell someone about this this could be a medical problem and could be prescribed something at the doctors. Or you could just relax and not drink anything except water, I get concentrated by playing kind of science-math type like games on the computer because its a calm nice atmosphere and its like me being at home. I chat to my mates while im on the computers aswell.
I find it very difficult to get through the first week of not drinking coffee, especially while I'm at school, because I essentially miss a week of school due to my massively reduced attentiveness, which I can't really aid. Other than coffee, the only things I drink are dilute juice (which mainly consists of water anyway) and water. I can often focus very easily on things I'm interested in, such as physics, maths, and computer science, but I find it immensely difficult to focus on, for example, religious studies, French, and English.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588072

Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Get a fidget spinners

I find it very difficult to get through the first week of not drinking coffee, especially while I'm at school, because I essentially miss a week of school due to my massively reduced attentiveness, which I can't really aid. Other than coffee, the only things I drink are dilute juice (which mainly consists of water anyway) and water. I can often focus very easily on things I'm interested in, such as physics, maths, and computer science, but I find it immensely difficult to focus on, for example, religious studies, French, and English.
I think that's with everyone, I get sleepy in those subjects aswell I'm not even joking, But those are subjects I dislike, I get bored easily in those type of subjects which results me in talking which further results me in getting warnings.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588077

Listening to music as well helps me especially calming music such as
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588079

Smo wrote:
Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Get a fidget spinners

I think that's with everyone, I get sleepy in those subjects aswell I'm not even joking, But those are subjects I dislike, I get bored easily in those type of subjects which results me in talking which further results me in getting warnings.
Yeah, but it's to the extent where I just end up doing not a single line of work throughout the entire lesson. In the most humble way possible, I'm extremely able academically, however, I find it incredibly difficult to actually use my ability and focus properly. This often leads to me getting punished, when I can't really control it.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588084

Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Get a fidget spinners

Yeah, but it's to the extent where I just end up doing not a single line of work throughout the entire lesson. In the most humble way possible, I'm extremely able academically, however, I find it incredibly difficult to actually use my ability and focus properly. This often leads to me getting punished, when I can't really control it.
Now I'm afraid I can't help you with that, I can lead the horse to the water but I cant make it drink. (Good saying) Thats up to you to do, you control how your body works, I would definitely speak to a teacher or parents about this could develop into something more severe. Quick question are you quite sociable (Not trying to hurt your feelings or some shit dont need to answer)
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588087

If you feel tired in the morning take a freezing cold shower, that will wake you up pretty good.

As for through-out the day try to power nap a bit, 10-20mins here should help a lot and just stay off the coffee and large amounts of sugars in general, try and eat lots of fruit and drink a load of water.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588090

Take everything off your desk, even your computer, your phone, place a book in the middle so you could focus. Find your most productive hours and study during those. Mine were 0-3am lol. Passed my exams quite well they weren't hard. gl hf fuck league
  • Hoi
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 513

Thank you Nexize for VIP

Resigned Global moderator, TTT/DarkRP Admin
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Hoi.

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588091

Smo wrote:
Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Get a fidget spinners

Now I'm afraid I can't help you with that, I can lead the horse to the water but I cant make it drink. (Good saying) Thats up to you to do, you control how your body works, I would definitely speak to a teacher or parents about this could develop into something more severe. Quick question are you quite sociable (Not trying to hurt your feelings or some shit dont need to answer)
I have social anxiety in a way that I find it very difficult to interact with people I don't know, but I know a lot of people at my school in my year, so yes, in a sense, I'm quite sociable.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588100

Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Sorle wrote:
Smo wrote:
Get a fidget spinners

I have social anxiety in a way that I find it very difficult to interact with people I don't know, but I know a lot of people at my school in my year, so yes, in a sense, I'm quite sociable.
Hmm, you should try asking the teacher if you could do group activity with other people could boost your learning effectivity diffidently boosted mine. Keeps me interested with all the different personalities and interests
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588102

You probably have autism

I'm not joking as well by the way, these are common symptoms.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Figures and numbers, all in my account.
  • Thanks received: 632

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588103

Listen to some calm and chill music.
It helps me relax!
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588108

Wolfi wrote:
It helps me relax!
I really can't stand most "chill" music and idk why, I only like certain types, and the chillest stuff I usually listen to is depressing as fuck alternative R&B
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588114

Sorle wrote:
Wolfi wrote:
It helps me relax!
I really can't stand most "chill" music and idk why, I only like certain types, and the chillest stuff I usually listen to is depressing as fuck alternative R&B
It is the same with me.
I often listen to depressing music.
I don't mean it makes me sad or anything, I just like listening to it.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588116

Take a break from ZARP, don't check the forums, hang out with friends, pay attention hella in class and shit like that. Stop thinking about a community over your actual life. In summary, just take a break from your computer itself, delete Steam and reinstall it when you know you're good to come back. Only play ZARP on free times, and if anything, do your work FIRST then play last.
  • Ashy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • knowledge above all nonsense
  • Thanks received: 275

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588123

Ashy wrote:
Take a break from ZARP, don't check the forums, hang out with friends, pay attention hella in class and shit like that. Stop thinking about a community over your actual life. In summary, just take a break from your computer itself, delete Steam and reinstall it when you know you're good to come back. Only play ZARP on free times, and if anything, do your work FIRST then play last.
It's not even that I think about the community and my computer.

I just can't get anything done. I've tried everything:

Unplugging my PC until I get the work done
Uninstalling Steam
Uninstalling every game on my PC
Cleared my bookmarks bar on Google Chrome
Cleared my history so I wouldn't get suggested anything distracting when researching
Hell, I even uninstalled Spotify

None of it seems to work. It's not the distractions around me that are the issue; it's me that's the issue.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Inactivity + help needed 6 years 10 months ago #588141

You gotta learn to man up Sorle, get your shit together. Like right now, the fuck you doin? Goin on the forums, get the fuck off and do some work. Sorry if I sound hella mean but you really got to get your shit together man, literally in the same boat as you. Trust me, it'll be worth it at the end if you put this shit aside.
  • Ashy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • knowledge above all nonsense
  • Thanks received: 275
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

133 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun