Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reccomended activity when applying for staff.

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803916

Hello, my name's Bazaraxe, Head admin of deathrun and administrator of ssrp, I've been meaning to make this post for a while now to help out people who are applying for staff or those who are thinking of applying for staff.

When applying for staff getting at least 2 weeks of activity is a recommendation that has been around for a while, although it's only a recommendation it's very important for reasons I'd like to discuss. You may reply and share your thoughts, I don't want this to become a shitfest but a friendly discussion over something many people seem to ignore or think doesn't account to them. I'd also like to point out that this me calling people who ignore it out, it's just a reminder.

Point 1
Dedication is a HUGE part of becoming staff, this is something that should be proven before you applying for a staff rank, not when you are. I've recently seen large amounts of applicants with a disclaimer in them with a message or something similar to
"I know my activity isn't great but it will get better throughout the week"

This is the sort of thing that proves my point, dedication should be proven before you apply not when you apply.

Point 2
Getting activity before applying (a couple weeks of activity is my personal recommendation) helps staff to see what you're like, attitude, matureness and other qualities. Applying the 3rd day you've been playing on the server kinda leaves the staff that are looking at your application in the dark.

Point 3
This is similar to point 2 but I wanna expand on the fact that the more days you've got activity the more time you get to know the players of the server and grow connections of the staff team and users ingame, something that simply doesn't take a couple days to accomplish.

Thankyou very much for reading, I'd like to hear you opinions, please don't turn this into a shitfest and have a nice day.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, Aek177, Wolfi, Spicy

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803917

Stop shitposting
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8580

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803925

I wonder why this was made...

lmao
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803928

Jim_Jam wrote:
I wonder why this was made...

lmao

ikr i get your point baz xD
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 137

Make deathrun great again!

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803931

I already know something went down in this DR meeting if this is made LUL
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9548
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Clarky. Reason: please be aware that i am very retarded
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803932

might as well name the post @xnator lol
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803933

Clarky wrote:
I already know something went up in this DR meeting if this is made LUL

hahaha u guessed it lol
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803934

Clarky wrote:

the meeting was aids, so left half way through
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2023

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803935

Well said buddy
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3911

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803937

Clarky wrote:
Same lol, I wonder what happened.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803938

It isn't a huge deal IMO.
2 weeks is a recommendation for someone who is getting the recommended requirement before they go for staff. If it is a user who is completely new to a server / to the community, then sure, it is very useful to see if they are going to be active, but for example Jim_Jam got accepted for Deathrun admin last week with 4 or 5 days of activity which was pretty good in those days, and the same can be said for many other people on many other servers (myself for Surf admin the second time, to give but one other example). If a user is able to prove themselves by getting multiple times the requirement of activity, and is in a good standing across the community, then I believe that shows enough dedication to the server for them to be accepted.
Point 2 and 3 doesn't really apply as much for users who are already well known in the community, as they have already had the time to clearly show how they are in the community (ie. if they hold other ranks, you can see that they know what they're doing staffing wise, their attitude across the community would have to be at least satisfactory, etc.), and they would already have had the chance to develop connections and get to know people in the community.
The two week recommendation is good most of the time, however in some cases it is unnecessarily stuck to way too seriously.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803939

I simply wanted to make this post as it annoys me a fair amount when people think it doesn't account to them.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803940

TheXnator wrote:
2 weeks is a recommendation for someone who is getting the recommended requirement before they go for staff. If it is a user who is completely new to a server / to the community, then sure, it is very useful to see if they are going to be active, but for example Jim_Jam got accepted for Deathrun admin last week with 4 or 5 days of activity which was pretty good in those days, and the same can be said for many other people on many other servers (myself for Surf admin the second time, to give but one other example). If a user is able to prove themselves by getting multiple times the requirement of activity, and is in a good standing across the community, then I believe that shows enough dedication to the server for them to be accepted.
Point 2 and 3 doesn't really apply as much for users who are already well known in the community, as they have already had the time to clearly show how they are in the community (ie. if they hold other ranks, you can see that they know what they're doing staffing wise, their attitude across the community would have to be at least satisfactory, etc.), and they would already have had the chance to develop connections and get to know people in the community.
The two week recommendation is good most of the time, however in some cases it is unnecessarily stuck to way too seriously.

HAHHAHA WE ALL CALLED IT XD
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803942

TheXnator wrote:
Not calling you out or anything but don't you have a past of having shit activity whilst being staff in DR?
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9548

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803943

Clarky wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Not calling you out or anything but don't you have a past of having shit activity whilst being staff in DR?

HAHAHAH LMAO XDDD
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803944

Clarky wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

The first time I was staff, yes, however the second time, I was active on the server as a staff member up until I resigned, doing extra shit for the server too. I resigned back then because Dezmond didn't give a shit, and so the server was starting to get dull and it seemed kinda pointless.

(The first time I was Deathrun admin was about a year ago or so)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by TheXnator.

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803945

Clarky wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

He got the minimum requirement every week, for a couple weeks before he resigned due to him not being able to handle the amount of things he had on his plate.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803946

Bazaraxe wrote:
Clarky wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

He got the minimum requirement every week, for a couple weeks before he resigned due to him not being able to handle the amount of things he had on his plate.

I believe the exact wording was "Nah fuck this Dezmond" or something like that :P
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803950

TheXnator wrote:
Bazaraxe wrote:
Clarky wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

I believe the exact wording was "Nah fuck this Dezmond" or something like that :P
sorry but how professional of you? maybe I just didn't understand the context but you left and just said "nah fuck this" ? why would anyone want you to be staff there again?
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Reccomended activity when applying for staff. 6 years 4 months ago #803951

Please, I stated TWICE in the post I didn't want this to turn into a shitfest, Micheal please try not to start anything thanks.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

250 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1