Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should zarp get rid of the murder server?

Keep the murder server 29 18%
Sacrifice it for another gamemode 132 82%
Total number of voters: 161 ( Newdude, Hoops_1991, Mattors, Samual Peterson, illegalimmigrant ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Getting rid of the murder server

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716293

Clarky wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Once the server has gone and a new one put up who’s going to be able to be trusted enough to develop for it? I highly doubt Xnator is going to want to put in work on another serve if the first one he’s done got shit on.
There is a BaseWars suggestion and a Jailbreak suggestion, these are gamemodes what people wanted, not Murder, no one asked for it or even wanted it plus no more servers can be implemented at the moment because of this. I work with the Jailbreak team with people such as Coutinroy, DEADMONSTOR etc, and we have worked very hard to improve the gamemode better than it already is with new features to improve gameplay experience and staffing as well with new commands implemented into FAdmin which is what we use instead of ULX.

The murder server has no issues itself, it is very well coded and props to Xnator for coding a good server but the gamemode is just not what 90% (im assuming 90) of the community wants. We want something the community really wanted and not a gamemode that gets boring after an hour.

So your telling me that not one of you guys got a chance from the lead team or chute to prove that you could put up a server? or was this just something that came out of the blue after the murder server was put up?

I also seem to remember a custom Jailbreak server that everyone wanted a year ago? and well its not here either anymore.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by RedPowder.
The topic has been locked.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716295

RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Once the server has gone and a new one put up who’s going to be able to be trusted enough to develop for it? I highly doubt Xnator is going to want to put in work on another serve if the first one he’s done got shit on.
There is a BaseWars suggestion and a Jailbreak suggestion, these are gamemodes what people wanted, not Murder, no one asked for it or even wanted it plus no more servers can be implemented at the moment because of this. I work with the Jailbreak team with people such as Coutinroy, DEADMONSTOR etc, and we have worked very hard to improve the gamemode better than it already is with new features to improve gameplay experience and staffing as well with new commands implemented into FAdmin which is what we use instead of ULX.

The murder server has no issues itself, it is very well coded and props to Xnator for coding a good server but the gamemode is just not what 90% (im assuming 90) of the community wants. We want something the community really wanted and not a gamemode that gets boring after an hour.

So your telling me that not one of you guys got a chance from the lead team or chute to prove that you could put up a server? or was this just something that came out of the blue after the murder server was put up?
There is no more room for any more ZARP servers at the moment hence why people don't want Murder alongside the gamemode itself being boring.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716298

RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:
RedPowder wrote:

I also seem to remember a custom Jailbreak server that everyone wanted a year ago? and well its not here either anymore.
The jailbreak server we have been working on is based of Excl's Jailbreak but with a lot of changes and new addon features.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716301

Blocked wrote:
  • Viking was also working on HL2RP but unfortunately he is community banned, but even before he was community banned he was pushing forward with his suggestion.
  • boy we gave up on hl2rp way b4 he was cm banned lol
    • Hellsdevil
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • surprisingly still kicking
    • Thanks received: 1102

Former Deathrun Owner & more
    FP DarkRP Head Admin
    The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder, Roy Harper

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716305

Blocked wrote:
    Hellsdevil wrote:
    Blocked wrote:
  • Viking was also working on HL2RP but unfortunately he is community banned, but even before he was community banned he was pushing forward with his suggestion.
  • boy we gave up on hl2rp way b4 he was cm banned lol

probably because he was planning to do his big finale thing before he got CM banned, even then you can't deny that he put alot of work and effort into his suggestion and was gonna go through with it if he was given the green light.

good thing you're living up to your "about me"
    No, we pretty much gave up on HL2RP when we were told not to use Clockwork due to it being "shady". Me, Viz, Viking & Crocodile had no way of working on the server as EMP wanted to code his own HL2RP gamemode for ZARP. (Which isn't happening, ever)

Blocked wrote:
    good thing you're living up to your "about me"
    Now that's just unnecessary
    • Hellsdevil
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • surprisingly still kicking
    • Thanks received: 1102

Former Deathrun Owner & more
    FP DarkRP Head Admin
    Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Hellsdevil.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716308

Xnator man, we all know you worked hard on this server, and its just that the gamemode is boring and repetitive.
    • Sam the Sausage
    • Diamond Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • jutzu
    • Thanks received: 1642

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716435

RedPowder wrote:

There are many people in this community that have wanted to expand there ideas on servers further, I feel like deadmonstor has been the closest but I don't know if he plays anymore.
    • smo
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • I really need to change my password
    • Thanks received: 571
    Sorle was here
    Luke was here
    Rhys was here
    Smo change ur password lol

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716442

Shit server shit gamemode get it out lmao
    • Denis
    • Diamond Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 1368

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716445

Jailbreeeeeeeeakkkkk
    • SammyZ
    • Senior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
    • SAM#6200
    • Thanks received: 340
    The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, SwiiFTz

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716758

RedPowder wrote:

I agree with red here.
    Don't forget, being a server owner requires a lot of trust, due to the access we have. So for a server to be brought to the roaster, then the following would be needed 1. dedication 2. trust 3. knowledge and proof of actually being able to make the server.
    Xnator has put a SHIT tone of work in to murder, I know this because i've been approving his work, and we also share a development to-do list which currently is riddled with murder stuff. I also wouldn't blame TheXnator if he didn't want to do another server.
    • Anon_Gaming
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • #BritishCrumpet
    • Thanks received: 580
    The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, Raeker, Chienman

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716845

Anon_Gaming wrote:
    RedPowder wrote:

I agree with red here.
    Don't forget, being a server owner requires a lot of trust, due to the access we have. So for a server to be brought to the roaster, then the following would be needed 1. dedication 2. trust 3. knowledge and proof of actually being able to make the server.
    Xnator has put a SHIT tone of work in to murder, I know this because i've been approving his work, and we also share a development to-do list which currently is riddled with murder stuff. I also wouldn't blame TheXnator if he didn't want to do another server.

Did you read what I said?
    • smo
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    Sorle was here
    Luke was here
    Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716856

Fidget Spinner RP.
    • Hey its Alex
    • Legendary Member
    • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
    • Thanks received: 460
    The following user(s) said Thank You: The Winged Dragon of Raa

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716868

Blocked wrote:
    RedPowder wrote:
    Blocked wrote:
    RedPowder wrote:

I'm pretty sure there were a few people in the community who were working on a BaseWars server, and a few others working on JailBreak, and I know for a fact that there are a few others who are dying to develop and work on a PERP server, and there was a HL2RP suggestion as well at some point(I think it was made by Viking however, unless someone wants to remake the suggestion)

What you're saying isn't a solution at all, we can't just keep a dead server that no one likes just because we don't have anything that can replace it, that would be a waste of resources.

EDIT: I just read your last point as well, the problem is not with him or his coding, for the 1000th time, the gamemode is fucking shit, its so fucking simple, why can no one understand it?

Don't be delusional, how do you expect the community to support the server when more than 50% of the community didn't even want it in the first place?

Who are these people? and I'm pretty sure if any of these people who ''started'' to make anything of quality they would of had their server up and running by now. My point still stands if people shit on the server he worked on why would he do it for another one? I never once mentioned the game mode wasn't trash and actually I stated it was in a previous post.
    Don't be delusional, how do you expect the community to support the server when more than 50% of the community didn't even want it in the first place?
    delusional ? What because I haven't seen any other suggestions beside '' Get ride of it the game mode is shit '' and '' omg the server is dead '' or ''base wars base wars'' ? You put more effort in to trying to prove me wrong that you did explaining Who, What, Where and when the base wars server was going to happen. I should of been a mind reader and just known there is '' some people '' just waiting to make the server.

I'm sorry, the delusional thing wasn't pointed at you, it was pointed at the people who keep on blaming the community for the server being dead, when it wasn't the community's fault in the first place.

• DEADMONSTOR Told me he was working on BaseWars a while ago and that it was almost ready
    • Coutinroy has mentioned the JailBreak server to me a few times and that him alongside Ace/Clarky were working on it.
    • Hitman Jerry has suggested PERP to Chute again not too long ago, but I don't think he will be given a chance due to recent events.

DeadMonster has a habit of not following threw on his projects, and i highly doubt he has the trust either.
    Cout has mentioned a JailBreak server, however i recall there also being many issues between the team making JailBreak.

I wouldn't mind the JailBreak server being added one day, I even helped them out a little with certain things to help get the server fully functional
    • Anon_Gaming
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • #BritishCrumpet
    • Thanks received: 580

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716870

I quite enjoy Murder, and Xnator is putting and has put a lot of work into the server.
    He is still working on adding new stuff into the server to make it more fun.

I don't believe getting rid of Murder is the best idea, but I do also want another gamemode(BUT WITH MURDER STILL HERE)
    • Wolfi
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
    • Thanks received: 2708

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716874

Wolfi wrote:
    I quite enjoy Murder, and Xnator is putting and has put a lot of work into the server.

I don't believe getting rid of Murder is the best idea, but I do also want another gamemode(BUT WITH MURDER STILL HERE)
    Well that's not possible since I heard zarp have hit maximum player slots, the server is basically dead.
    • smo
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    Sorle was here
    Luke was here
    Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716877

Smo wrote:
    Wolfi wrote:

Well that's not possible since I heard zarp have hit maximum player slots, the server is basically dead.

Oh, I didn't know that. A maximum player slot?
    • Wolfi
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
    • Thanks received: 2708

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716879

bring back the minecraft server boys
    • FluffyOP
    • Senior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Nade,Vitx,Aspect Simon&Hermoine,Plankton
    • Thanks received: 148
    Ex-MC Owner and developer
    Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
    Ex-TS staff
    Hermoine <3
    The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716880

Wolfi wrote:
    Smo wrote:
    Wolfi wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. A maximum player slot?
    Yes, I didn't understand it either xd
    • smo
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    Sorle was here
    Luke was here
    Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716887

Anon_Gaming wrote:
    Blocked wrote:
    RedPowder wrote:
    Blocked wrote:
    RedPowder wrote:

I'm pretty sure there were a few people in the community who were working on a BaseWars server, and a few others working on JailBreak, and I know for a fact that there are a few others who are dying to develop and work on a PERP server, and there was a HL2RP suggestion as well at some point(I think it was made by Viking however, unless someone wants to remake the suggestion)

What you're saying isn't a solution at all, we can't just keep a dead server that no one likes just because we don't have anything that can replace it, that would be a waste of resources.

EDIT: I just read your last point as well, the problem is not with him or his coding, for the 1000th time, the gamemode is fucking shit, its so fucking simple, why can no one understand it?

Who are these people? and I'm pretty sure if any of these people who ''started'' to make anything of quality they would of had their server up and running by now. My point still stands if people shit on the server he worked on why would he do it for another one? I never once mentioned the game mode wasn't trash and actually I stated it was in a previous post.
    delusional ? What because I haven't seen any other suggestions beside '' Get ride of it the game mode is shit '' and '' omg the server is dead '' or ''base wars base wars'' ? You put more effort in to trying to prove me wrong that you did explaining Who, What, Where and when the base wars server was going to happen. I should of been a mind reader and just known there is '' some people '' just waiting to make the server.

I'm sorry, the delusional thing wasn't pointed at you, it was pointed at the people who keep on blaming the community for the server being dead, when it wasn't the community's fault in the first place.

• DEADMONSTOR Told me he was working on BaseWars a while ago and that it was almost ready
    • Coutinroy has mentioned the JailBreak server to me a few times and that him alongside Ace/Clarky were working on it.
    • Hitman Jerry has suggested PERP to Chute again not too long ago, but I don't think he will be given a chance due to recent events.

DeadMonster has a habit of not following threw on his projects, and i highly doubt he has the trust either.
    Cout has mentioned a JailBreak server, however i recall there also being many issues between the team making JailBreak.

I wouldn't mind the JailBreak server being added one day, I even helped them out a little with certain things to help get the server fully functional

There is no denying that the server is hated by the community by the votes, it has gotten more votes than the original vote and way more oppressors.
    • smo
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    Sorle was here
    Luke was here
    Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716935

Dont take xnator his servers away!