Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should zarp get rid of the murder server?

Keep the murder server 29 18%
Sacrifice it for another gamemode 132 82%
Total number of voters: 161 ( Newdude, Hoops_1991, Mattors, Samual Peterson, illegalimmigrant ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Getting rid of the murder server

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715836

We tried a serious roleplay server for zarp and started developing a perp server but it didn't pan out.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•
The topic has been locked.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715842

Smo wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Doesn't help the fact everyone is so negative about murder, also drawing the community away from it
Because more people disliked it than wanted, it even shows on the original post for the vote. I don't know why you would make a server when more than 50% of the people who voted didn't want it.

Doesn't justify the negativity. If you dislike something, simply don't do it, in this case, you simply do not connect to murder.
There are thousands of players, outside of this community, so if the CM team believe the player base in garry's mod as a whole, could possibly work, then they will give it a chance, hence murder.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715845

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Doesn't help the fact everyone is so negative about murder, also drawing the community away from it

This is the actual reason for why the server is low ranked.

I spent a LOT of time looking into what caused the server to become such a low rank, since obviously I want to improve the server and increase its ranking. A lot of care, time and effort goes into Murder, but the reason it does not get a lot of people is because a Murder server requires people in order to attract more people.
As a result of the negativity surrounding the server to begin with, there weren't many people to bring in more people. As the server went on, this negativity continued, so we had no way to boost the playercount from within the community to get those outside to notice it and start playing.
When people do actually find the server, they do continue to play it, and they enjoy it for a long time.
The only way for us to viably manage to increase the playerbase consistently would be to remove the negativity surrounding in within the community, and try to coax more members of the community into the server.

Rather than constantly say that the server should be shut down, it would be much better if you could actually tell us why you dislike the server, or at least give it a chance by playing it and trying to forget all the negativity that you have for it.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715852

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Smo wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Because more people disliked it than wanted, it even shows on the original post for the vote. I don't know why you would make a server when more than 50% of the people who voted didn't want it.

Doesn't justify the negativity. If you dislike something, simply don't do it, in this case, you simply do not connect to murder.
There are thousands of players, outside of this community, so if the CM team believe the player base in garry's mod as a whole, could possibly work, then they will give it a chance, hence murder.

It does kind of since the people in the community are going to be more dedicated to the server than the people that are just surfing servers.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I really need to change my password
  • Thanks received: 571
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Smo change ur password lol

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715859

TheXnator wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

I spent a LOT of time looking into what caused the server to become such a low rank, since obviously I want to improve the server and increase its ranking. A lot of care, time and effort goes into Murder, but the reason it does not get a lot of people is because a Murder server requires people in order to attract more people.
As a result of the negativity surrounding the server to begin with, there weren't many people to bring in more people. As the server went on, this negativity continued, so we had no way to boost the playercount from within the community to get those outside to notice it and start playing.
When people do actually find the server, they do continue to play it, and they enjoy it for a long time.
The only way for us to viably manage to increase the playerbase consistently would be to remove the negativity surrounding in within the community, and try to coax more members of the community into the server.

Rather than constantly say that the server should be shut down, it would be much better if you could actually tell us why you dislike the server, or at least give it a chance by playing it and trying to forget all the negativity that you have for it.

I would love to make murder popular but it is just one of those game modes you can't really add anything onto in my opinion. You can only really have cosmetics and map upgrades on it.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715863

Smo wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

I would love to make murder popular but it is just one of those game modes you can't really add anything onto in my opinion. You can only really have cosmetics and map upgrades on it.

We have added a lot of custom content to it actually, for example the levelling system with m9k weaponry, the power rounds and the murderer powers, which do set it apart from other Murder servers and make it more fun
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715867

TheXnator wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

So you're saying we're not allowed to be negative about an awful gamemode? There are no problems with the server itself, it's the gamemode, the community does not want an unattractive special edition of TTT, we've already got a TTT server.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715869

TheXnator wrote:
Smo wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

We have added a lot of custom content to it actually, for example the levelling system with m9k weaponry, the power rounds and the murderer powers, which do set it apart from other Murder servers and make it more fun

Leveling with m9k weaponry is on TTT as well, you need something completely unique that doesn't involve stuff from the other servers. www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/401 this is on the market for sale so I don't feel like it is unique.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zarp Trusted

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715873

Smo wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Smo wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

Leveling with m9k weaponry is on TTT as well, you need something completely unique that doesn't involve stuff from the other servers. www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/401 this is on the market for sale so I don't feel like it is unique.

Yes, some of our content is on other ZARP servers, but the majority of our content is not found on any other Murder server, and makes the server much more fun to play, and bearable to play for hours on end.
We also have a lot of plans for new features to add to the server, and revamps to the current systems, which should also help to improve the server a lot.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715874

@xnator

For starters most of the people who voted clearly said they don't want a murder server. Those who voted yes were very few in amount. How did you sum up that there will​ be a good player base?

What you said is very true, if there is no players from the very start you won't get players from outside of the community. The community players obviously did not want a Murder server, hence why it's died out.

Yes it has good content, but if there are no players from ZARP how do you expect the server to grow?
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Roy Harper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Dragonz, loxeo, Chienman

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715877

server needs to go its so bad
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Figures and numbers, all in my account.
  • Thanks received: 632

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715936

TheXnator wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

To make a good murder server it HAS to be French all of the top servers are French
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715969

Was fun. One night I binged it to second place, only morgan on top for weeks :P

Nothing bad meant to Xnator, server's fine but gamemode is monotonous and boring after few hours of play.

I can't give a damn if it leaves or not, but if it stands in the way of a new gamemode then I think this needs to go in the garbage.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • loxeo
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • how do you do?
  • Thanks received: 240
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red_

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #715981

Jailbreak
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716156

bump
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716208

Simple answer: Replace it with perp.

And don't let xnator own it as far as I know his coding is limited
  • TimeForPug
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1213

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716251

Once the server has gone and a new one put up who’s going to be able to be trusted enough to develop for it? I highly doubt Xnator is going to want to put in work on another serve if the first one he’s done got shit on.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, ChummyXRay, Anon_Gaming

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716256

RedPowder wrote:
Once the server has gone and a new one put up who’s going to be able to be trusted enough to develop for it? I highly doubt Xnator is going to want to put in work on another serve if the first one he’s done got shit on.

I didn't even think of that at first. But it sure is one big and valid point.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716290

Blocked wrote:
RedPowder wrote:

I'm pretty sure there were a few people in the community who were working on a BaseWars server, and a few others working on JailBreak, and I know for a fact that there are a few others who are dying to develop and work on a PERP server, and there was a HL2RP suggestion as well at some point(I think it was made by Viking however, unless someone wants to remake the suggestion)

What you're saying isn't a solution at all, we can't just keep a dead server that no one likes just because we don't have anything that can replace it, that would be a waste of resources.

EDIT: I just read your last point as well, the problem is not with him or his coding, for the 1000th time, the gamemode is fucking shit, its so fucking simple, why can no one understand it?

Don't be delusional, how do you expect the community to support the server when more than 50% of the community didn't even want it in the first place?

Who are these people? and I'm pretty sure if any of these people who ''started'' to make anything of quality they would of had their server up and running by now. My point still stands if people shit on the server he worked on why would he do it for another one? I never once mentioned the game mode wasn't trash and actually I stated it was in a previous post.
Don't be delusional, how do you expect the community to support the server when more than 50% of the community didn't even want it in the first place?
delusional ? What because I haven't seen any other suggestions beside '' Get ride of it the game mode is shit '' and '' omg the server is dead '' or ''base wars base wars'' ? You put more effort in to trying to prove me wrong that you did explaining Who, What, Where and when the base wars server was going to happen. I should of been a mind reader and just known there is '' some people '' just waiting to make the server.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker, LucyLevi17

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #716291

RedPowder wrote:
There is a BaseWars suggestion and a Jailbreak suggestion, these are gamemodes what people wanted, not Murder, no one asked for it or even wanted it plus no more servers can be implemented at the moment because of this. I work with the Jailbreak team with people such as Coutinroy, DEADMONSTOR etc, and we have worked very hard to improve the gamemode better than it already is with new features to improve gameplay experience and staffing as well with new commands implemented into FAdmin which is what we use instead of ULX.

The murder server has no issues itself, it is very well coded and props to Xnator for coding a good server but the gamemode is just not what 90% (im assuming 90) of the community wants. We want something the community really wanted and not a gamemode that gets boring after an hour.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, loxeo
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

247 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127