Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621442

Server Name:
TTT 1 - 24/7 Minecraft

Suggestion Title:
Clarify in the rules if the only acceptable languages in chat are english

How would it benefit the server:
Gives staff clarity regarding how to deal with people speaking different languages.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
No solid evidence of rule braking if infraction is in voice chat.

Additional notes:
Today I witnessed a multitude of people being gaged or warned for not speaking english, however this is not explicitly covered in the rules (rules only currently cover player names) and while some staff noted that it can be considered disrespect, in my oppinion is not acceptable practice, especially since we have rules against discrimination and staff state what languages they speak in their applicatons (often multiple)

I don't think it is fair to the playerbase to punish for rules that are not made clear (What if over 50% of the online players wanted to speak a different language, surely then it's disrespectful for people to speak english?)
  • Bobbysmile
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621719

Speaking/writing in a different language is allowed and it is not in the rules.
I even asked Max (The server owner and community developer) and Captin (the other server owner) and they said that it is allowed.
However Max said it was allowed, but Captin said it is counted as disrespect, I don't really see that though.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621747

Oh come on. If it is allowed to speak in a different language and then is counted as disrespect, then it's disrespect to not know their language.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Studio Banter.

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621749

It's disrespectful to speak in a language that's not the socially accepted norm.

Like, if you're talking in English and I suddenly start speaking in Dutch then that's a disrespectful thing to do.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621752

As Raeker said, it is classified under the rule of disrespect.

Staff members are also able to use google translate in some situations in order to get the gist of what they are saying
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621755

Raeker wrote:
It's disrespectful to speak in a language that's not the socially accepted norm.

Like, if you're talking in English and I suddenly start speaking in Dutch then that's a disrespectful thing to do.

If the majority starts to speak 1 other language ex. German then it will be disrespectful to speak in english which flips the rule against you. You cant warn someone for disrespect for speaking another language because its so minor that if we take it into account every swear word will be noted down as disrespectful.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621896

Let me clear this up as I was there when it was discussed with para

Back in my day we enforced this aswell on deathrun muting/gagging people that spoke different languages with the intention that staff couldn't understand allowing them to break certain rules put in place as no one knew what they were saying

However if I'm correct para said that this has never been an official rule as u can't force people to speak English and if it was to be made an official rule than it needs to be voting on by the community itself which has never happened and therefore the staff outings and gagging players are in the wrong
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3911

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621906

AA RFLeX wrote:
Raeker wrote:

If the majority starts to speak 1 other language ex. German then it will be disrespectful to speak in english which flips the rule against you. You cant warn someone for disrespect for speaking another language because its so minor that if we take it into account every swear word will be noted down as disrespectful.
You didn't read what Raeker clearly stated. He didn't say the language that the majority speaks. He said the language that's counted as the socially accepted norm. An that language is English. If you speak another language that only about 12 million of the earth's population know it isn't disrespectful until a person that does not understand it asks you to speak a language everybody knows but they still continue. You can ask the man that removed the English only rule if you don't understand why it's counted as disrespect but when you do you'll understand.
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621910

Luki_Guki wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
Raeker wrote:

You didn't read what Raeker clearly stated. He didn't say the language that the majority speaks. He said the language that's counted as the socially accepted norm. An that language is English. If you speak another language that only about 12 million of the earth's population know it isn't disrespectful until a person that does not understand it asks you to speak a language everybody knows but they still continue. You can ask the man that removed the English only rule if you don't understand why it's counted as disrespect but when you do you'll understand.
You cant punish someone for not talking the same language as you. There is no rule that specifically says you cant speak any other language than English because if you count that as disrespect then everything that is not polite its disrespectful.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[TTT] Rule clarification - Chat languages 6 years 10 months ago #621937

Typically speaking a server needs to have one set language so that the quality of gameplay on the server is sufficient for everyone.

If they don't know english, they should not be permitted to play.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

212 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun