Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607841

Hello everyone :)

Another administrator and me encountered, this morning, an issue with the following rule :

1.4 Spam/Promotion of non-ZARP services
Spamming is unacceptable; do not repeat messages more than once in a short space of time [This rule is somewhat more lenient on players KOS etc.], make incoherent/useless messages or messages which promote another competitor community/service.

We both asked different members from the lead team about a player's nickname IG, as it was promoting a non-Zarp service. The problem is, we were given different answers, resulting in the player getting kicked and a short discussion between us two admin about if it was right or not.

Server Name: [TTT] (But could be used in every other servers)

Suggestion Title: Adding a small but maybe necessary clarification to the previously stated rule. Making it like so :

Spamming is unacceptable; do not repeat messages more than once in a short space of time [This rule is somewhat more lenient on players KOS etc.], make incoherent/useless messages or messages which promote another competitor community/service. This rule also applies for in-game names.

How would it benefit the server: A small benefit, but it would be clearer for both the staff and users. We tend to see quite a few of those cases. The users responsible of this would have no more excuses, and the whole staff would act as vigilant as it is with incorrect and non pronounceable names in english, for example.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None I can think of, frankly.

Additional notes: None
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Chienman.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607843

I was always taught that it was not allowed to have a name that is advertising something else.
:support:
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607855

No need to be clarified. If the rules state that you can't promote none-ZARP services, then it doesn't matter how you do it. The moment you promote none-ZARP services/competitors then it's breaking the rule and should be taken care of, whether it's through in-game names or just by typing it in chat.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607857

Raeker wrote:
No need to be clarified. If the rules state that you can't promote none-ZARP services, then it doesn't matter how you do it. The moment you promote none-ZARP services/competitors then it's breaking the rule and should be taken care of, whether it's through in-game names or just by typing it in chat.

Well, I had the feeling that it would be not THAT necessary. But the fact that we were given different answers from the lead team made me writing this small suggestion. I'm not saying that against anyone of course. I asked the said person because I was unsure about the rule myself.

It is not that of a big deal, but if not all the lead team has the same opinion about this, it would also mean that some moderators are taught differently about this rule.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607858

There's no need to enforce rules on people for having certain links or community names in their name. It doesn't harm anyone and I doubt it ever really advertises that service in a substantial way. The only time you really need to ask someone to change their name is if it's offensive or harmful in some other way.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607861

Tyler Durden wrote:
There's no need to enforce rules on people for having certain links or community names in their name. It doesn't harm anyone and I doubt it ever really advertises that service in a substantial way. The only time you really need to ask someone to change their name is if it's offensive or harmful in some other way.

Thank you for your reply too. But if I understand correctly, Raeker and you have a different opinion about this then ?

Because that is exactly why I'm asking about a clarification in the said rule. I feel like we do not all follow the exact same policy on this point. If some ask players to remove links in their name, then kick if the said players do not comply, and some let it go without anything, players might feel wronged.

Or I did not understand a thing, and both of you share the same opinion. If so, sorry for making assumptions and wasting your time.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607864

Chienman wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Thank you for your reply too. But if I understand correctly, Raeker and you have a different opinion about this then ?

Because that is exactly why I'm asking about a clarification in the said rule. I feel like we do not all follow the exact same policy on this point. If some ask players to remove links in their name, then kick if the said players do not comply, and some let it go without anything, players might feel wronged.

Or I did not understand a thing, and both of you share the same opinion. If so, sorry about this post.
No, me and Tyler clearly have different opinions about it. Tyler feels links in names is fine, as it doesn't harm any users, yet I feel that as the rules clearly state that advertisement of none-ZARP services is not allowed it shouldn't be allowed in their names, either.
  • Raeker
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607883

Raeker wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Or I did not understand a thing, and both of you share the same opinion. If so, sorry about this post.
No, me and Tyler clearly have different opinions about it. Tyler feels links in names is fine, as it doesn't harm any users, yet I feel that as the rules clearly state that advertisement of none-ZARP services is not allowed it shouldn't be allowed in their names, either.

Advertisement rule clearly says you cant promote another service in a form of a chat message not in-game name.

Spamming is unacceptable; do not repeat messages more than once in a short space of time [This rule is somewhat more lenient on players KOS etc.], make incoherent/useless messages or messages which promote another competitor community/service.

You cant force someone to change their Steam Name because they have a gambling website in the end of their name or another gaming community as long as their name does not directly promote a site or service. Example of an name that is directly advertising another community "Go play on ___ "
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by RFlex.

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #607903

AA RFLeX wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Advertisement rule clearly says you cant promote another service in a form of a chat message not in-game name.

You cant force someone to change their Steam Name because they have a gambling website in the end of their name or another gaming community as long as their name does not directly promote a site or service. Example of an name that is directly advertising another community "Go play on ___ "
Lmao I've even seen people get BANNED for posting a link to the Perp forums before, yeah just the link nothing else
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 11 months ago #608891

Bump !

I would like to read more opinions, especially from the staff members before our meeting this Sunday.

Thank everyone who replied and gave their opinion already !
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Rules clarification] About promoting non-Zarp 6 years 10 months ago #615810

I usually don't think of this as an issue, and rarely act upon it, however I've been wondering before
I've seen people with ONLY links, lets say "csgoloto.com hellcase.com" This as the entire name.
Although I do believe it is still following the rules. And unless told otherwise will continue to allow this
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • It's impressive how useless someone can be
  • Thanks received: 43
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

173 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127