Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604280

Server Name:
TTT #1 Minecraft only
Suggestion Title:
Rule clarification / improvement
How would it benefit the server:
It would greatly ease the job of moderators/admins aswell as make the experience for everyone playing better
Potential Issues/Exploits:
Loopholing, avoiding punishment, false punishments and disagreements
Additional notes:
We've already had multiple complaints about unclear rules, and I personally think we need to improve the following

- Diamond block rules ( clarification ) (Taking them in other directions, throwing them away as innocent)
- Healthstation KOS (Do you need to warn etc) (Staff members are not all agreed to the same thing)
- Delaying the round on purpose (We've had lots of trouble with this, and I would like to see a rule implemented)
Mostly for camping in top of the t-room / glitching the second t room, to become unreachable.
- Traitor traps (Do you need to warn, different staff members have given different answers!)

Alot of rules are unclear to moderators and admins ( even super admins sometimes)
Loopholing is a very broad term, and I see people calling themself 74572458harry65347458 KOS ###
stuff that makes it hard to say their name, but also not directly breaking rules. Aka loopholing.

I've talked to some other staff members and they seem to agree,

- We've had some big issues with users cheating and showing up clean through the anticheat, I believe this should also be addressed.

-Prop abuse extra clarity, Are you allowed to use props in any circumstance?
bumping into someone without being close to hazards = prop push?

-Warn by ID - Rumored to not work, but not known for sure/common staff knowledge

These are not all the rules that should be worked on , however this is written an hour pre meeting-
ps. logs break(because of people joining mid round?), shotlog doesnt record magneto stick right click
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • It's impressive how useless someone can be
  • Thanks received: 43
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Kana.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604282

Please use the right template:
Server Name:

Suggestion Title:

How would it benefit the server:

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Additional notes:
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kana

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604284

I will bring this up in the Lead Team meeting.

Thanks for your suggestion.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604310

- Healthstation KOS (Do you need to warn etc) (Staff members are not all agreed to the same thing)
What do you mean? If the detective announced that only certain people are allowed to use the healthstation, then the rule that is in effect is 2.2b Detective Warnings/KOS Reasons aka allowed.

- Traitor traps (Do you need to warn, different staff members have given different answers!)
What do you mean?

Loopholing is a very broad term, and I see people calling themself 74572458harry65347458 KOS ###
stuff that makes it hard to say their name, but also not directly breaking rules. Aka loopholing.
1.1a In-Game Names

Use your brain for that one.

-Warn by ID - Rumored to not work, but not known for sure/common staff knowledge
Test it out then lmao

- Delaying the round on purpose (We've had lots of trouble with this, and I would like to see a rule implemented)
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...e-change-suggestions
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lotto_Totto, Wolfi, Raeker

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604324

To answer most of your questions.

- Diamond block rules ( clarification ) (Taking them in other directions, throwing them away as innocent)
There is no rule that states that players can kos someone for throwing away the Diamond Block, though the detectives can tell someone not to use/ do something.

2.2b Detective Warnings/KOS Reasons.
As a detective, you may issue a warning to players to not do/use something, but you must still use valid KOS reasons, and not make up your own false reasons. Some examples of valid detective KOS reasons are;
Only the detectives can warn/kos someone for using their HealthStation. Again this falls under the rule 2.2b

2.2b Detective Warnings/KOS Reasons.
As a detective, you may issue a warning to players to not do/use something, but you must still use valid KOS reasons, and not make up your own false reasons.

Mostly for camping in top of the t-room / glitching the second t room, to become unreachable.

There is no rule that states that you can not delay a round therefore players can do it.

When arming traitor traps its very useful to inform your traitor buddies that you have activated a traitor trap. Though this is not something that you must do at all times. In the end its your loss because if a traitor dies from a t trap you have activated you are more likely to lose the round.

- We've had some big issues with users cheating and showing up clean through the anticheat, I believe this should also be addressed.

Cheaters can and will only be punished by Super Admins and Head Admins following the Hacking Ethos

Prop Abuse is clearly stated in the rules as "Exploiting"

1.8 Exploiting
Purposely abusing unintentional game features is prohibited. No abusing props (grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself, push players away, kill players, to climb or fly with them etc.) [ The poltergeist traitor weapon other prop manipulating weapons void the no prop killing/pushing rule]
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by RFlex.

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604325

:plussp:
  • Leopatra
  • Senior Boarder
  • I work hard every motherfuckin' day
  • Thanks received: 266

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604357

Only the detectives can warn/kos someone for using their HealthStation. Again this falls under the rule 2.2b
Multiple admins have stated that yo do not even require to warn, as it says "- Using a health station repeatedly without permission." It doesn't say AFTER BEING WARNED. Which is a big difference.
There is no rule that states that you can not delay a round therefore players can do it.
This is exactly the issue im addressing, people intentionally camp traitor room in an ALMOST unreachable spot, because they know they won't get punished.
When arming traitor traps its very useful to inform your traitor buddies that you have activated a traitor trap. Though this is not something that you must do at all times. In the end its your loss because if a traitor dies from a t trap you have activated you are more likely to lose the round.
This i personally agree with, but several staff members attempt to enforce it, telling people the HAVE to warn.
Prop Abuse is clearly stated in the rules as "Exploiting"
I'm aware of this, however atleast i personally am not sure how far this rule stretches, You say no proppushing, I have so far only punished people that are clearly trying to push someone into a hazard, but in reality you can damage them without pushing them off places. I'm asking for clarification not repeats.
There is no rule that states that players can kos someone for throwing away the Diamond Block, though the detectives can tell someone not to use/ do something.
Thank you for clearing that for me, however you should definitely include it
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604374

Kana wrote:
Multiple admins have stated that yo do not even require to warn, as it says "- Using a health station repeatedly without permission." It doesn't say AFTER BEING WARNED. Which is a big difference.

Again in the rules it says

2.2 In-game warnings to players.
When issuing a warning to a player in-game, make sure that it is through the chat medium so that everyone can see it. Make sure that you give the player ample warning (Minimum of 2) after that you may then declare a KOS on because of their actions. An example of this would be if a player is following you through the map, then you can KOS them after warnings have been given. After the second-warning it will not be classed as RDM.

It says that you have to give an in-game warning to a player in order to declare a kos
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604796

So to clear it up, You HAVE to warn for using traps, and You HAVE to warn for the healthstation rule to apply.
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604808

Kana wrote:
So to clear it up, You HAVE to warn for using traps, and You HAVE to warn for the healthstation rule to apply.
No, it is desired to mention that you used the traps but not mandatory.

For the healthstation rule you need to type it in type chat, such as like this: "Using my healthstation is KOS"
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Raeker.

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604950

Some of these rules do indeed need to be clarified
  • brenzor9137
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex - TTT SA
  • Thanks received: 395

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604958

I forgot to thank you for your really useful reply
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

[TTT suggestion] Rule clarification / improvement 6 years 11 months ago #604959

Studio Banter wrote:
What do you mean? If the detective announced that only certain people are allowed to use the healthstation, then the rule that is in effect is 2.2b Detective Warnings/KOS Reasons aka allowed.
What do you mean?
1.1a In-Game Names
Use your brain for that one.
Test it out then lmao
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...e-change-suggestions

I forgot to thank you for your really useful reply THANKS BANTER MAN
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

193 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1