Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do you think these rule changes are good?

Yes, all of them are good and need to be added 3 33.3%
No, none of them are good and don't need to be added No votes 0%
One is good and needs to be added No votes 0%
At least a few are good and need to be added 6 66.7%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Jake The Dog, Wolfi, Studio Banter, hamad711, Jim_Jam ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule change suggestions

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #595772

I've got a list of TTT rule changes that I'd personally like to see added. I originally wanted to keep this within the TTT lead team, but I'd like to see other people's feedback too.
(for the nobheads I have the template in this spoiler thing)
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Old rule:
2.3 Baiting as a Traitor
When in-game you cannot commit traitorous acts as innocent/detective for example you cannot shoot nearby players to "scare" them ect...

New rule:
2.3 Traitor Baiting
When in the game you cannot "Traitor Bait". For example, you cannot randomly shoot to "scare" the other players. This is one of many examples of Traitor Baiting.

Old rule:
2.4 Player Versus Player
If two individuals are fighting and you have no proof of which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one player dies and they either; identifies the body/round ends/question them.

New rule:
2.4 Player versus Player
If two individual players are in a fight and you have no proof of which could be the instigator, you must wait before joining in the fight until one of the players dies and they either identify the body, the round ends or you question them.

Old rule:
2.5 Valid KOS reasons
There are many KOS reasons and they all work in different situations and scenarios, here are a few; [You should question the player as to why they are doing these acts before you declare the KOS]

- Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor.
- Ignoring unidentified bodies/C4 etc.
- Declaring invalid KOS on other players
- Turning themselves in I.e "I'm a traitor, in the traitor room" etc.
- Seeing a player inside of a Traitor only room.
- Failure to answer to a life check.
- Throwing a incendiary grenade that damages other players near the player.
- Pushing someone with a crowbar near an edge or hazard.
- Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots.

New rule:
Change: - Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots.
To: - Purposely keeping the Golden block from reaching the tester
Change: - Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor.
To: - Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor in type chat.
Change: - Failure to answer to a life check.
To: - Failure to answer to a life check by a Detective. (refer to rule 2.7)
Change: - Ignoring unidentified bodies/C4 etc.
To: - Ignoring unidentified bodies or Traitor items, such as C4 and Radio's.
Change: - Throwing a incendiary grenade that damages other players near the player.
To: - Using an incendiary grenade/discombobulator that could potentially damage/throw around other players in the game.

Old rule:
2.8 Door Blocking
Players cannot physically trap a player inside a building/room by blocking a door with props etc. This includes spamming "E" on a door.

New rule:
2.8 Door Blocking
Players cannot door block. Examples of door blocking are:

- Blocking a door physically and not getting out of the way.
- Blocking a door with a prop.
- Blocking a door by spamming the "use/interact with" button on a door.
- Any other form of blocking a door.

If a player does door block, two warnings must be given via the type chat medium before a player may resort to declaring a KOS. (refer to rule 2.2)

Remove rule 2.9, which is now part of rule 2.8.

Old rule:
2.6 Invalid KOS reasons
There are many invalid KOS reasons which are not allowed within the server, here are a few; [You should question the player as to why they are declaring a KOS]

- A player is AFK [Ask a member of staff to force them to spectate]
- Being in a public area [Players are allowed free-roam of the map, you cannot KOS someone for entering a area minus traitor only areas]
- A grudge held in a prior game upon a player.
- A player has taken damage.
- The Traitor has a similar skin/hat to the player in question.
- The player throws a discombulator/smoke grenade away from other players.
- A player looks at you/follows you [Unless in partnership with rule 2.2]

New rule:
Change: - Being in a public area [Players are allowed free-roam of the map, you cannot KOS someone for entering a area minus traitor only areas]
To: - Being in a public area [Players are allowed free-roam of the map, you cannot KOS someone for entering a area minus traitor/detective only areas]

Old rule:
1.8 Exploiting
Purposely abusing unintentional game features is prohibited. No abusing props (grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself, push players away, kill players, to climb or fly with them etc.) [ The poltergeist traitor weapon other prop manipulating weapons void the no prop killing/pushing rule]

New rule:
1.8 Exploiting/Prop Abuse
Purposely abusing unintentional game features is prohibited. An example of exploiting would be prop abuse, which comes in many forms:

- Grabbing props with the magneto stick to shield yourself.
- Pushing players away with props.
- Killing players using props.
- Climbing or flying using props.
- Any other form of prop abuse.

Prop abuse will result in punishment by a staff member.
[The poltergeist traitor weapon or any other prop manipulating weapons void the no prop killing/pushing rule]

New rule:
1.95 Leeching/Delaying the round
Intentionally delaying the round by purposely not killing anyone for a prolonged period of time is not allowed on the server. Camping in an area to gain a strategic advantage is allowed.

Old rule:
1.4 Spam/Promotion of non-ZARP services
Spamming is unacceptable; do not repeat messages more than once in a short space of time [This rule is somewhat more lenient on players KOS etc.], make incoherent/useless messages or messages which promote another competitor community/service.

New rule:
Spamming is unacceptable; do NOT repeat messages more than once in a short space of time, [This rule is somewhat more lenient on players KOS], and do NOT make incoherent/useless messages or messages which promote another competitor community/service.

Would love to see people's feedback!
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Raeker.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #595782

:support:
  • brenzor9137
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex - TTT SA
  • Thanks received: 395

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #595874

Would love to see other people's feedback
  • Raeker

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #595877

Great, now we actually have something to go through in the LT meeting, thanks...
jkjk

I would like most (if not all) to be accepted.
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Jim_Jam.

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #595890

Raeker wrote:
Old rule:
2.4 Player Versus Player
If two individuals are fighting and you have no proof of which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one player dies and they either; identifies the body/round ends/question them.

New rule:
2.4 Player versus Player
If two individual players are in a fight and you have no proof of which could be the instigator, you must wait before joining in the fight until one of the players dies and they either identify the body, the round ends or you question them.

does that imply to Detective vs player? cuz last time I went helping the detective against the player and I got a warn for it. (i thought its obvious that we should kos the player since the detective is shooting him/being shot)

over all thats a good suggestion :plussp:
  • hamad711
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex. Deathrun SuperAdmin
  • Thanks received: 335

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #595898

hamad711 wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Old rule:
2.4 Player Versus Player

New rule:
2.4 Player versus Player

does that imply to Detective vs player? cuz last time I went helping the detective against the player and I got a warn for it. (i thought its obvious that we should kos the player since the detective is shooting him/being shot)

over all thats a good suggestion :plussp:
Detectives would be an exception to this rule, obviously - I'll edit it later stating that fact. If someone warned you for that then they shouldn't have, especially as the rules (currently) clearly state that if you have proof of who the traitor is you can join in.
  • Raeker
The following user(s) said Thank You: hamad711

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #597816

:support:
Great suggestion!
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

[TTT] Rule change suggestions 6 years 10 months ago #599051

Change: - Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots.
To: - Purposely keeping the Golden block from reaching the tester
Change: - Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor.
To: - Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor in type chat.
Change: - Throwing a incendiary grenade that damages other players near the player.
To: - Using an incendiary grenade/discombobulator that could potentially damage/throw around other players in the game.
New rule:
2.8 Door Blocking
Players cannot door block. Examples of door blocking are:

- Blocking a door physically and not getting out of the way.
- Blocking a door with a prop.
- Blocking a door by spamming the "use/interact with" button on a door.
- Any other form of blocking a door.

If a player does door block, two warnings must be given via the type chat medium before a player may resort to declaring a KOS. (refer to rule 2.2)

Remove rule 2.9, which is now part of rule 2.8.
Change: - Being in a public area [Players are allowed free-roam of the map, you cannot KOS someone for entering a area minus traitor only areas]
To: - Being in a public area [Players are allowed free-roam of the map, you cannot KOS someone for entering a area minus traitor/detective only areas]

New rule:
Spamming is unacceptable; do not repeat messages more than once in a short space of time [This rule is somewhat more lenient on players KOS], and do not make incoherent/useless messages or messages which promote another competitor community/service.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

289 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun