Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Remove the rule that disallow us to base in the elevators (Making money) or keep the rule as it is.

TOPIC: Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL!

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) 6 years 10 months ago #595388

Morgan wrote:
Rule should stay, lots of new exciting features in the summer update this year according to Chute and it will most likely involve a big change to basing. Let's wait and see.
Like I wasn't already hyped enough for the next update :D
  • Samual Peterson
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Delta Squad Owner
  • Thanks received: 39

SSRP Moderator (Resigned 2x)
The topic has been locked.

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) 6 years 10 months ago #595390

Morgan wrote:
Rule should stay, lots of new exciting features in the summer update this year according to Chute and it will most likely involve a big change to basing. Let's wait and see.
Indeed!

The summer update is known as the biggest update on ssrp. Last year the summer update introduce gencorp and the suits on the server.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) 6 years 10 months ago #595394

Morgan wrote:
Is the new feature you getting SA?
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Alexzander, MichaeI, Diego, Roy Harper

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) 6 years 10 months ago #595417

AA RFLeX wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
The title itself makes this a biased suggestion

Please explain a bit more
You are trying to pursue people to vote yes by telling them in your title and suggestion that this will make everything better and improve current issues. Basically giving only its benefits so that people only see the positives of this. Most suggestions like this ( which ask the peoples opinion ) do not get accepted because their are meant to make people vote yes. The suggestion made by para which disallowed basing there was not biased as it did not include his own opinion and left people vote on what they believe.

I am not forcing anything here. I don't See any negatives in returning the old rule and if i forced them to vote Yes then there wasn't a button that said No keep it as it is. People can still there opinion here of Why it shouldn't be changed so I don't See the problem here at all.
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595420

If you change to "Make basing great again" then i'll +Support
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595436

make basing more fun, but will make raiding no fun and insanely hard . it takes no skill shooting a thundergun into a elevator when the door opens . But i do agree that i like basing in elevator bases but they should just make a rule that you arent allowed to shoot explosives into the elevators even if the doorn is open, so its actually possible to raid them
  • narcc
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex-SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 95

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595437

Aspect wrote:
If you change to "Make basing great again" then i'll +Support

Done lol
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by AceInsidious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595443

Jerrryiscool wrote:
make basing more fun, but will make raiding no fun and insanely hard . it takes no skill shooting a thundergun into a elevator when the door opens . But i do agree that i like basing in elevator bases but they should just make a rule that you arent allowed to shoot explosives into the elevators even if the doorn is open, so its actually possible to raid them

But the way it is now is horrible. No one bases means No raiding and brings down a lot of fun and exciting moments. Sure some people have a hard to raid it but the way it is now is even worse. If we change it back we can always look on How to improve it but Not like this
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595448

AceInsidious wrote:
Jerrryiscool wrote:

But the way it is now is horrible. No one bases means No raiding and brings down a lot of fun and exciting moments. Sure some people have a hard to raid it but the way it is now is even worse. If we change it back we can always look on How to improve it but Not like this

yes that is very true considering we have hyper suits now, meaning we can just teleport up there, i just think they should tweak it and make it so you cant shoot explosives into elevators, but still have slams or other explosives outside of elevators if that makes sense, it would make the rule change more reasonable
  • narcc
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex-SSRP Admin

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595451

Jerrryiscool wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
Jerrryiscool wrote:

yes that is very true considering we have hyper suits now, meaning we can just teleport up there, i just think they should tweak it and make it so you cant shoot explosives into elevators, but still have slams or other explosives outside of elevators if that makes sense, it would make the rule change more reasonable

Something in that way indeed
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) 6 years 10 months ago #595459

After the rule was removed, we all realized we wanted them back.

fuck
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1995

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing fun again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595460

AceInsidious wrote:
Jerrryiscool wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
Jerrryiscool wrote:

Something in that way indeed

it has more positives than negatives, but more positives so it would be nice to have the rule changed
  • narcc
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex-SSRP Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceInsidious

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595463

To all the people who say that it isn't hard to raid. Well you probably need a jugg suit/hyper suit and gluon to really succesfully raid because you will die of the t-gun blasts. If you say ''i raided without a suit'' then the defenders where just fucking noob. Because when you have a good defense its already hard to raid with suit as they can easy rip your specials ect. Also when you raid without suit and you succeed you must be very lucky or the defenders are just not using special weapons.
  • FUZZY
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Skrrt Skrrt
  • Thanks received: 265
Any questions add me on Steam

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595468

FUZZY wrote:
To all the people who say that it isn't hard to raid. Well you probably need a jugg suit/hyper suit and gluon to really succesfully raid because you will die of the t-gun blasts. If you say ''i raided without a suit'' then the defenders where just fucking noob. Because when you have a good defense its already hard to raid with suit as they can easy rip your specials ect. Also when you raid without suit and you succeed you must be very lucky or the defenders are just not using special weapons.

And that is Why we need to think of something else to balance it out. But now basing is COMPLETELY dead and so it needs to be changed back.
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595476

I have heard a handful of complaints about basing on server three since the rule update, mostly immediately after. I do not feel that by allowing elevator basing once more that it is going to fix the issues surrounding basing/raiding. At best I feel a minority of players are capable of defending and operating a long duration elevator base, not the average user. That already reduced pool of players is further limited by how many groups can take advantage of the elevators at a time. Sure, it will bring back some action, but does nothing to solve the larger issues. Basing as it is is not worth the investment people are forced to put into it, that is why I feel I've seen so many more sneak bases that people hope just go unnoticed. Allow it if you want, but this would just be a band-aid fix for a larger issue.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 650

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595480

ChummyXRay wrote:
I have heard a handful of complaints about basing on server three since the rule update, mostly immediately after. I do not feel that by allowing elevator basing once more that it is going to fix the issues surrounding basing/raiding. At best I feel a minority of players are capable of defending and operating a long duration elevator base, not the average user. That already reduced pool of players is further limited by how many groups can take advantage of the elevators at a time. Sure, it will bring back some action, but does nothing to solve the larger issues. Basing as it is is not worth the investment people are forced to put into it, that is why I feel I've seen so many more sneak bases that people hope just go unnoticed. Allow it if you want, but this would just be a band-aid fix for a larger issue.

Yeah but do you really want it to be like it is now? Only being able to raid the bank and pd and that is it? Atleast solve a little bit then nothing at all because basing in general is out of the book. We can think of balancing/Solutions later
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595487

Honestly? It doesn't bother me much. I've never been a great baser, but I do understand that it isn't in a great spot. I just don't think elevator basing brings enough to the majority of players that it is a serious issue. I play server three a lot, there is plenty more than just bank raiding going on there. I just want the attention being thrown at the actual cause of the issues, because I still think this is a band-aid solution. Best of luck with getting it accepted though.
  • ChummyXRay
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 650

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595502

I can see problems with this, but I can also jump on board with it. I liked the elevator bases, they added a certain thrill - if monotony - to the basing system. I think a really big fix to everything might be giving us a map where we can actually base strategically, hence why so many people have been suggesting server 2/3 map changes or server 4, even.

That said, I'm excited to see what comes of this and if things work out, even though it's been suggested before. I think it's always a divisive issue, but I like seeing the turn out.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) 6 years 10 months ago #595515

It seems the problems are elevator bases being way stronger than anything else and afk mining being the only other option to make bank and it removes people trying to base in other places. I understand some people like a challenge but its the same reward when it should be the harder you work the bigger the reward but I understand that cant happen with the state of SSRP atm. I feel like to "save" SSRP elevator bases and mining would require a nerf, I put save in " because I sadly feel like SSRP cant be saved at this point and thats because people saw there in game balanced over everything else including fun and friendships.

Nerf elevator bases and mining and remove boosters (hehe xd)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4054

Edit the 4.11 Rule (Make basing great again) POLL! 6 years 10 months ago #595521

:support:

Makes server 2 and 3 more enjoyable to play.
  • Kebu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cheter
  • Thanks received: 37
KEBUZ

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

142 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127