Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Probation suggestion

Add this! 9 64.3%
Don't add this! 5 35.7%
Total number of voters: 14 ( Hamzah, troublemakerrrrrr, Wells, Dezmond, Raeker ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Community Suggestion - Probation

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560516

Server Name: Community

Suggestion Title: Probation

How would it benefit the server: People getting unbanned because of sorrow or being changed would go through a month of probation, where if they break any of the same rules 3 times they get right back on that ban, as it would be very clear that they didn't change.

Potential Issues/Exploits: People making a simple mistake and being banned over it.

Additional notes: Could be something like this - if in the same month you break the rule you were banned for 3 times (Only including permanent bans or community bans) you would get back on that ban, as it's a clear show that you don't deserve to be back, and deserve to be right back on that ban list.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by MichaeI.
Login or register to post a reply.

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560519

I don't feel it's needed as it's unnecessary and the admin punishing a user can use their best judgement already.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560520

Morgan wrote:
I don't feel it's needed as it's unnecessary and the admin punishing a user can use their best judgement already.

I feel people thing that permanently banning somebody "just for breaking 3 rules" might seem a bit harsh to them.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560526

lMichaell wrote:
Morgan wrote:

I feel people thing that permanently banning somebody "just for breaking 3 rules" might seem a bit harsh to them.

Mytic was banned because he had just got off a Community Ban. You're taking a situation that was specific and small within terms that it doesn't happen often and making it a community wide suggestion which is out of place and un-needed.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560527

Well, literally just wrote that on Mytics unban, so yes:

:plussp:
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560528

Morgan wrote:
lMichaell wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Mytic was banned because he had just got off a Community Ban. You're taking a situation that was specific and small within terms that it doesn't happen often and making it a community wide suggestion which is out of place and un-needed.

No, I'm not. I specified in the post, community or permanent bans only. This is probation, not instantly permanently ban someone.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560531

Morgan wrote:
lMichaell wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Morgan, I truly believe that a big part of the Zarp Community has absolutely no regard for the rules. There are players who brag about breaking rules, who even have signatures that provoke and say they break rules. Players who rack up 10-15 or way more warnings without being banned. Then they get banned for 5h or so. Then they come back. They seem to only be permanently banned when there's hacking involved. But even then, a simple "I've changed, it was a mistake" eventually gets them back. I'm fairly new to Zarp, but it's crystal clear that there's a cycle of "Breaking 100 rules, get banned, apologize, eat sleep repeat" a lot of players go through and continue to do so.
Adding this would at least avoid that players fall into the cycle too quickly.
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Archick. Reason: Was not finished
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560532

Oh I thought you meant that users should stop making jokes that they're cool getting drunk and shit.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560534

Archick wrote:
Morgan, I truly believe most of the Zarp Community has absolutely no regard for the rules. There are players who brag about breaking rules, who even have signatures that provoke and say they break rules. Players who rack up 10-15 or way more warnings without being banned. Then they get banned for 5h or so. Then they come back. They seem to only be permanently banned when there's hacking involved. But even then, a simple "I've changed, it was a mistake" eventually gets them back. I'm fairly new to Zarp, but it's crystal clear that there's a cycle of "Breaking 100 rules, get banned, apologize, eat sleep repeat" a lot of players go through and continue to do so.

That's not true, it's subjective though. I do know who you're in reference to about signatures. However this is not the case, while I do think it's lenient but not to the point where people aren't getting banned for breaking rules. Just the other day I banned someone for their recent punishments they'd racked up.

Point is this is only being made in light of the Mytic scenario which again, if you're comparing it to a list of all of the players that get permanently banned this situation is relatively small and rarely happens within the Community and if it does I think you'll find under the new CM's these players will be punished.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Morgan.

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560538

Morgan wrote:
Archick wrote:
Morgan, I truly believe most of the Zarp Community has absolutely no regard for the rules. There are players who brag about breaking rules, who even have signatures that provoke and say they break rules. Players who rack up 10-15 or way more warnings without being banned. Then they get banned for 5h or so. Then they come back. They seem to only be permanently banned when there's hacking involved. But even then, a simple "I've changed, it was a mistake" eventually gets them back. I'm fairly new to Zarp, but it's crystal clear that there's a cycle of "Breaking 100 rules, get banned, apologize, eat sleep repeat" a lot of players go through and continue to do so.

That's not true, it's subjective though. I do know who you're in reference to about signatures. However this is not the case, while I do think it's lenient but not to the point where people aren't getting banned for breaking rules. Just the other day I banned someone for their recent punishments they'd racked up.

Point is this is only being made in light of the Mytic scenario which again, if you're comparing it to a list of all of the players that get permanently banned this situation is relatively small and rarely happens within the Community and if it does I think you'll find under the new CM's these players will be punished.

This suggestion won't hurt, if they did change, then it shouldn't be hard for them to not get warned 3 times for the same reason, since they shouldn't be getting warned at all in the first place if you think about it.
This is not specified to mythics situation, rather just a safe-system for people to not break rules after being unbanned.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560544

Morgan wrote:

That's my point, they are banned after racking up a lot of punishments. The thing is that admins just have to see 10 punishments and ban. Or 10 punishments and give another. But there shouldn't be so many, since you shouldn't break any rule at all. Three tops, I believe. Because of every one of those 10 punishments Player A has, another player lost his Diamond pick in a mining RDM from Player A. Another player got prop-pushed by Player A. Another player lost his Hyper Suit to a gluon gun RDM from Player A. And so on.
The most disgusting thing I've read in SSRP chat was "Ripping a 250m suit is worth a warn". Sometimes I'm present at sits and the players just say "Ok, just warn me and tp me back to where I was". The system clearly isn't working since the rule-breakers continue to rule-break. Has any player that was a mass rule-breaker actually changed? I mean honestly, what harm would this suggestion bring? Worst case scenario was if a player was banned incorrectly, but he could appeal. And also, he shouldn't have gotten 2 warns to even get a 3rd wrong one.
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Archick.

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560577

Would be glad if people told me why they are voting no before they do so, I would like some constructive feedback as I feel this is needed, and no one should be exempt from it.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560698

Bump, hope this gets added.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560878

Bump, last bump before sleep.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560917

Its unnecessary just because admins can check if you got the same warns so stop this abusive idea now
  • Gloratic
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 144

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560927

I can see where you are coming from however I think admins can just check punishment and make the length for them self
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560928

I feel like automating this would be a waste of time, instead making it a rule that staff have to follow would be easier.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #560954

Not really needed at all, we can just check their punishments
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #561458

Sorle wrote:
I feel like automating this would be a waste of time, instead making it a rule that staff have to follow would be easier.

good idea big man!
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Community Suggestion - Probation 7 years 2 weeks ago #561538

:plussp: i think thats a good idea because people getting banned then making urban appeals saying they made a huge mistake and how they will never do it again then about a week later they are mass rdming and getting warned for the same reason they were banned for so perma bans are basically a temp way of getting them to stop because when they get banned they know that can write a sob story and get unbanned to do it again.
yes there are people who change (including myself) but there is a majority of people who use it for a (fuck you) twords ZARP for getting back on and making staff game play a horrible time because they constantly do it. so i think this probation is a good idea to see if they actually mean it or they just fucking about.
  • z ub
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 28
[url/][/url]

[url/][/url]
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
3/127