Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport.

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552911

Currently if you place a mark with the hyper suit you will keep that mark no matter what until you teleport to it. Looking at some complaints voiced by other people on the servers and on TeamSpeak, I personally think a good way to resolve some of these complaints would be to remove marked locations on player death. Doing so would make the people that manage to mark a location actually want to be careful and wait to make sure they don't get killed and lose the teleport location. This would still enable people to do what they currently do but it would make it more difficult and cause there to be a great risk of failure should you not be careful.

Please vote on the poll above if you think the teleport location should be removed when you die and or voice your opinion on the topic at hand in this thread, thank you.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552916

I think this would be a great idea!
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552921

Since CDM is quite a common thing in especially server 3 where the suits see a great amount of use,
and the other servers not as much. I'd rather see the mark dissapearing after 5 - 10 minutes and the cooldown of placing a mark becoming slightly bigger than the 30 seconds it is now.
It's just another way we might solve this shit.

Loosing the point because you got RDMed or CDMed seems stupid enough, and there won't be a way to prevent this therfore making this option a good alternative.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Kemi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anon_Gaming, Archick

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552922

People are going to vote no since they are abusing as much of it as they can to make easy 'raids'
But honestly tyler this would be a great idea considering all people do is whine about it, they cannot anymore.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552924

Good i sold mine :D
  • Bob The Shoplifter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I abused banana boy the 30 minutes he was user :D
  • Thanks received: 75

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552926

Personally, I find it annoying that there is no option to remove a marker. I think there should be a system in place like that of the m303 where you can choose different options.
Say you remove the marker on player death, yes it would make the hyper suit less op and more fair, but what about people wanting to remove a marker, but they are basing. they would have to kill themselves to remove a marker?
I think rather than remove the marker on player death, give an option to change the marker, rather than having to teleport to it first.

This is just my opinion.

EDIT
I quite like Anna's idea.
  • Teddyy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
  • Thanks received: 92
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Teddyy.

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552927

Having the suit teleport being reset after death would be completely pointless and would make it seem less intuitive. The suit itself is where the teleport comes into play, not whether or not your character has died.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552928

I'd honestly vote to have the teleport just removed, even tho you nerf the teleport, and make it so you lose the marker when you die, that still doesn't help the fact that you can mark the tp and go afk and wait for someone basing --> ez raid.

I'd vote for the teleport to be removed because of the following reason :
Jugg suit : Tanky but very slow, ez to be killed
Nano : Squishy but invisible
Acs : Squishy but aoe
Hyper : Tanky, fast, impossible to die if used correctly.

Hyper suit without the tp is still the best suit in the game, you are tanky and fast, if you jump around repeatedly, you are basically unkillable. The only gun that would pose as a threat to you would be gluon gun, which is short range.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin, SorIe, MichaeI, 111111

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552930

Also Hyper suit takes a solid 2 seconds to get killed by a gluon gun
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552933

the one and only G wrote:
Also Hyper suit takes a solid 2 seconds to get killed by a gluon gun

Yeah, Hyper suit is extremely tanky, Gluon wont even kill you, as you can just jump around lol. I think the people that vote no, are people that doesn't raid/base, and doesn't see the negative effect the hyper suit teleport has on the server.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552934

Anna wrote:
Since CDM is quite a common thing in especially server 3 where the suits see a great amount of use,
and the other servers not as much. I'd rather see the mark dissapearing after 5 - 10 minutes and the cooldown of placing a mark becoming slightly bigger than the 30 seconds it is now.

Loosing the point because you got RDMed or CDMed seems stupid enough, and there won't be a way to prevent this therfore making this option a good alternative.
This would be an even bigger nerf than losing it on death and would pretty much completely botch the ability to use it to teleport into a base or to use it in a tactical way.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552936

Anna wrote:

If this would stop the current crying, sure, 5-10 minutes seems fair, since you're not supposed to have a guy just AFK for 10h then come back to where he left his marker.
Having it after kill is ridiculous tho, you get RDM/CDM every 2 minutes if you're near spawn, you can't "be careful".
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552938

Tyler Durden wrote:
Anna wrote:

This would be an even bigger nerf than losing it on death and would pretty much completely botch the ability to use it to teleport into a base or to use it in a tactical way.

Not entirely, because during nuke raids for an example, where cops have no NLR or raid timer, once a cop has marked a teleporter inside the base, he can teleport inside, remark it, and when he dies he will repeat that process over and over, will be impossible to defend for 15min.

-The hyper suit teleport is just one big pain in the ass in general, it can be used to bypass NLR, and a lot of other rules. I have a hyper suit myself, but a change needs happening.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Jabbee.

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552939

Tyler Durden wrote:
Anna wrote:

If its not enough, you can just change it to 15 - 30 minutes instead. Losing the point on death is still bullcrap thanks to all the CDM and RDM in all the servers.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552941

I honestly don't think a special effect is required for this, as it is the most agile and on par with the jugg suit (if not better) for the most tanky suit in the game.

I honestly think the only way to lose it if you're smart is getting flanked in your blind spots by a gluon at short range, but even then it's not a guaranteed death.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by SorIe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552942

Archick wrote:
Anna wrote:

If this would stop the current crying, sure, 5-10 minutes seems fair, since you're not supposed to have a guy just AFK for 10h then come back to where he left his marker.
Having it after kill is ridiculous tho, you get RDM/CDM every 2 minutes if you're near spawn, you can't "be careful".

I agree!
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552946

Removing teleport from the hyper suit would upset a lot of people, especially those that purchased many booster packs in hopes of obtaining one for the purpose of it.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552949

Morgan wrote:
Removing teleport from the hyper suit would upset a lot of people, especially those that purchased many booster packs in hopes of obtaining one for the purpose of it.
While this is true, currently it is making every other suit other than potentially the ACS entirely redundant. The nano suit's invisibility and nano hack aren't nearly as useful as the extra mobility and tankiness from the hyper.

I think they should remove the teleport and introduce some sort of built-in Thunderhammer which bashes down doors. That would remove the issue of being OP but introduce a nice effect which can be pretty useful.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552950

Morgan wrote:

If people bought the hyper suit, for the solo purpose of having an overpowered suit, then yeah they deserve to be unhappy when it gets nerfed.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya

Looking for feedback on hyper suit teleport. 7 years 2 weeks ago #552952

Morgan wrote:

It's close to fraud. I bought mine via game currency, but you launch this whole Hyper Suit stuff in easter and two weeks later want to remove it, after some people paid real money to get a shot at getting it? This should have been thought before it launched, not after. It's extremely disrespectful that this is even being considered, the update isn't even over. On summer you launch a Suit that gives you no-clip and after 10000 boosterpacks are bought, just nerf it.
Everyone who only bases or doesn't have a Hyper is now voting "Yes".
I'd like to complain about Nano Suit, you can sit quiet being invisible (lol) and the ACS has a forcefield that just sends you bye-bye if you even get close to it. Please nerf those. Turn them all into the EDF, just give them certain powers on each update.
Attachments:
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207
The following user(s) said Thank You: AgentSmith
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

158 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127