Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543263

The following pertains to all SSRP servers:

The current system used to discipline players does not reduce future offenses or teach lessons.

When a player joins the server for the first time, they are required to accept the server's rules. It is then printed into the OOC that they have accepted those terms. We're all familiar with this, right?

From thereon, I propose a kick should be the minimal punishment with clear evidence that a server offense was committed.

You may think that this is too harsh; I guarantee this will reduce server-related offenses.

Examples of Clear Evidence
  1. Witnessed by Moderator
  2. Demo
  3. Screenshot

I feel that the ZARP Staff doesn't understand that breaking the rules, even once, is not ok. The slap on the wrist system is not working.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • smell the roses, blow out the fire
  • Thanks received: 6
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archick

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543333

There is no real mid-ground between both ends of the spectrum.
Either the punishments will be too harsh (like those issued prior to the implementation of the ethos) or they will be too relaxed and it will be much like a "slap on the wrist".

But the current system in place seems fine to me, yes while more persistent rule breakers get more chances break a rule this allows other players to "get away" with a rule break without having to worry about having to be kicked or even banned.
People should get a second chance, and the more persistent rule breakers who fuck up that chance get a harsher punishment.

As for reducing the number of rulebreaks, while this may be true this isn't because of the reason you're thinking of, instead it is because there will be a lower server population in general, a single RDM out of anger will result in them being kicked and this will most likely not make them come back.

While this may work on more serious RP servers (insert name here) on Zarp the meta is killing, raiding and mining and with the server population rule breaks while they may be annoying are pretty much inevitable.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543334

I see no reason to kick someone for breaking a rule for the first time. That is extremely anti-players, and especially newer players will say "They kicked me? Well, fuck you then" and go to another server.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543339

Jenga wrote:
But the current system in place seems fine to me

If you mean to tell me that the current system is 'ok'. You're delusional.

Jenga wrote:
a single RDM out of anger will result in them being kicked and this will most likely not make them come back.

I don't know why you don't see this as a good thing.

Jenga wrote:
While this may work on more serious RP servers (insert name here) on Zarp the meta is killing, raiding and mining and with the server population rule breaks while they may be annoying are pretty much inevitable.

Rule breaking should not be looked at as a norm.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by JohnnyMoe.

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543343

JohnnyMoe wrote:
Jenga wrote:
a single RDM out of anger will result in them being kicked and this will most likely not make them come back.

I don't know why you don't see this as a good thing.
Many staff and regular players are people that have RDMed in the past. They may not have returned (and grown to become the likeable people that they are now) if they had been kicked.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543344

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Unfortunately, this is very unlikely to change, rule breaks are common place by both "normal" players and those that who join for the sole purpose to break rules; and the fact that the minority decide to do so shouldn't impact that for everyone else.
While rule breaks in general affect people, the actions of a minority shouldn't lead to one mistake being punished at the same level of those who break rules for that purpose; thats one of the reasons why an ethos exists.

You may not be happy that someone gets a warning but quite frankly, whoever they are they will get a second chance to an extent (excluding some offenses)
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543345

Yes, they should be harsher. No, they should not kick for every minor offense.
  • BremFM
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 93

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543348

It's very simple, don't break any rules. If you are having an issue grasping this concept; you probably have a rule-breaking problem.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543353

JohnnyMoe wrote:
It's very simple, don't break any rules. If you are having an issue grasping this concept; you probably have a rule-breaking problem.

I could say that for yourself, so you think that the warning for an "illegal dupe" you got didn't stop you from breaking that rule and that instead you should of been kicked or banned to "teach you a lesson"?
No-one is a model player.. simple as that, so i'll say this for the third time; people who break rules once shouldn't get the same punishment as those who break them on a daily basis.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543357

Jenga wrote:
I could say that for yourself, so you think that the warning for an "illegal dupe" you got didn't stop you from breaking that rule and that instead you should of been kicked or banned to "teach you a lesson"?

I would have no problem with this.

Jenga wrote:
No-one is a model player.. simple as that, so i'll say this for the third time; people who break rules once shouldn't get the same punishment as those who break them on a daily basis.

"I have read and understood the rules" is essentially signing-off any reasonable doubt that you don't know how to follow the rules. If players started getting kicked, they would stop breaking rules. Or they'd find another server to go break rules.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543366

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The issue isn't that people don't know the rules, the majority of people who are warned know the rules pretty well and its just certain situations that lead up to them being warned; when I used to RP before applying before staff I'll openly admit that I broke rules, while not intentionally I still broke them and that almost got me warned on a few occasions.
An accidental CDM or RDM through crossfire should never warrant a kick or ban and not even a warning in most cases.

Sadly not everyone shares the same enthusiasm as you to be kicked or banned for a one-off.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543367

Jenga wrote:
The issue isn't that people don't know the rules, the majority of people who are warned know the rules pretty well and its just certain situations that lead up to them being warned

Yes, they break the rules intentionally and should be disciplined.

Jenga wrote:
An accidental CDM or RDM through crossfire should never warrant a kick or ban and not even a warning in most cases.

I don't see how a single CDM or crossfire RDM aren't seen as a police issue instead? They should be arrested, there's no moderator involvement necessary.

Aside from the topic, please don't keep circling this conversation. If other people would like to place input; I would be glad to dispute.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by JohnnyMoe.

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543369

It's not the punishment system it's the staff team, it's the same system on every ZARP server and it works fine for them, just doesn't work on SSRP because the staff team are currently going through a phase of being useless as hell and not doing their assigned job...
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8580

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543375

This will make us lose more players as it's very harsh and the players will be like: i'll just play on another server .
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[SSRP] Player Punishments Need Change 7 years 1 month ago #543377

Maybe not on the first offense, but people should not be able to gather warns like if they were trading cards.
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

220 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
2/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40