Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536651

I know that I'm not the only person interested in what the situation is with the current moderator staff. Server 3 is constantly a chaotic mess. We want to help the best that we can, please consider scheduling some sort of open-meeting.

Server Name:
Server 3

Suggestion Title:
Staff Should Hold Open Meetings

How would it benefit the server:
Community players that don't fill a staff position still care about the server. We would like to interact and communicate more of our thoughts and solutions with you.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
I suppose that too many people joining would be an issue. However, this is a very low possibility.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • smell the roses, blow out the fire
  • Thanks received: 6
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by JohnnyMoe.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536658

Use the template, else this won't get accepted!

Anyways, what exactly do you mean with an open meeting? Try to be more precise, because I have no idea what you mean.

Also, the meetings are already a mess (I can only assume SSRP meetings even moreso). Allowing random people to enter will only cause chaos
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536662

Raeker wrote:
Use the template, else this won't get accepted!

Anyways, what exactly do you mean with an open meeting? Try to be more precise, because I have no idea what you mean.

Also, the meetings are already a mess (I can only assume SSRP meetings even moreso). Allowing random people to enter will only cause chaos

So, when the SSRP staff holds their regular meeting discussing server-related issues, they should allow members from the community to be able to sit-in. It'd be nice if they could give their input. Perhaps at the end of the meeting.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536664

The meetings are not what you think they're like until they get to the LT part, lol... You really just wanna sit there listening to the meeting doing nothing..?
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8580

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536667

Hello JohnnyMoe! Thank you for making this suggestion, it seems you have not used the correct template! Please press the 'Edit' button and fill it in with this!
Server Name:

Suggestion Title:

How would it benefit the server:

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Additional notes:

Thank you!
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536675

There are server/management issues that I feel aren't being discussed in your meetings. The management on server 3 is poor and needs attention.

There are small script bugs in the gamemode, or possibly one of your overhead lua scripts. The map is too large, players have been complaining but nothing seems to be happening.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536676

What Gamerfunhouse said is indeed true. Not even the regular staff have any insight into server-related issues, only the Lead Team does. Trust me, meetings aren't as exciting as you envision them to be.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536683

Has the upper management decided to take things a little more seriously? Maybe that isn't anyone's business, however; I think that server 3 has gone long enough without proper moderation. I don't think the system you're using to find new moderators is working. If you would like my insight; I'd be glad to share it.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536699

JohnnyMoe wrote:
Has the upper management decided to take things a little more seriously? Maybe that isn't anyone's business, however; I think that server 3 has gone long enough without proper moderation. I don't think the system you're using to find new moderators is working. If you would like my insight; I'd be glad to share it.
We take thing very seriously, there just isnt anything that needs to be changed. Unfortunately for server 3 ZARP is an EU based community and server 3 is based in the USA. That requires staff members to be in the American timezones to be able to effectively moderate. Sadly tho there has been very little USA players who apply for moderator. You say its not working but there is hardly any other way then when the players themselves want to be moderator they apply for it. There just arnt that many people from the USA interested in adminstrating the server. IDK where exactly your from, but you don't seem to have an moderator application in either, so I cant be sure how you say its not working when you've never used it. Ultimately it comes down to the players playing the server to help keep it moderated by either applying for moderator or posting ban requests on players both things you should try doing. At the end of they day the only problem is we simply need more USA players to apply for staff. We can't force people to stay up till early hours of the morning everyday moderating outside their timezone :/
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: The Gamer Guy, Raeker

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536701

this is a bad suggestion!

:minussp:
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536704

EMP wrote:
JohnnyMoe wrote:
We take thing very seriously, there just isnt anything that needs to be changed. Unfortunately for server 3 ZARP is an EU based community and server 3 is based in the USA. That requires staff members to be in the American timezones to be able to effectively moderate. Sadly tho there has been very little USA players who apply for moderator. You say its not working but there is hardly any other way then when the players themselves want to be moderator they apply for it. There just arnt that many people from the USA interested in adminstrating the server. IDK where exactly your from, but you don't seem to have an moderator application in either, so I cant be sure how you say its not working when you've never used it. Ultimately it comes down to the players playing the server to help keep it moderated by either applying for moderator or posting ban requests on players both things you should try doing. At the end of they day the only problem is we simply need more USA players to apply for staff. We can't force people to stay up till early hours of the morning everyday moderating outside their timezone :/
The only thing that stops me from connecting to S3 as much as I come to S1 is the awful map for S3. It doesn't run well with my gmod nor does it run well on a lot of other computers due to how badly optimized the map is. I know you're also not a fan of it hence why I made this and I'm still waiting for it to either get accepted for officially voting a new map for the USA server or denied. As you can see, majority want a new map for S3 which is totally a great idea to do as it will make the server more bearable to play and staff on.

Anyways back onto this suggestion, the system we currently use has always worked very well and a change is not needed or needed to be added. You can always leave your interests, thoughts and opnions by creating a topic on the forums which is completely fine and will be more visible throughout the community.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9548

[SSRP Suggestion] Staff Should Hold Open Meetings 7 years 1 month ago #536708

EMP wrote:
JohnnyMoe wrote:

I have not put in a moderator application because I haven't been with this community very long, but I am in the US.

Speaking of the moderator application; I feel that is needs more depth. The current template is a vocabulary test and a proof of your time spent afking on the server. The current test seems to bring in quite a few undesirable moderators, I saw how many were just removed. A more comprehensive application will bring in better moderators.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

166 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop