Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #432372

Server Name: ZARP TTT | 24/7 MINECRAFT | POINTSHOP | M9K | LEVELS

Suggestion Title: Staff Ethos Overhaul (fancy word amirite)

How would it benefit the server: seeing mass rdmers and ghosters single-handedly end a round is frustrating enough as it is (like when the det kills more people than the Ts), but reading in the chat that these guys only get 2 autoslays - even with the ban on the 2nd offense - is even worse.
One should read the rules to the gamemode before joining the server, anyway. It's common sense.
I'm not saying people should get perma'd for misclicking, but make mass RDM and ghosting a bannable offense that you really don't want to commit unless you're a dick.

Potential Issues/Exploits: you could make the argument that an admin's mistake would be that much worse, but being careful is more than enough to prevent said mistake in the first place.

Additional notes: none tbh
  • Cold Pizza
  • Fresh Boarder
  • always wear dry socks
  • Thanks received: 5
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #432389

I don't think it should be changed. People might skip reading the rules. That doesn't mean we should ban them. If they Mass RDM we give them a warn and a slay. If they do it again, they are getting banned. It's pretty fair tbh. If we make ghosting and Mass RDM insta ban then it would be like we are kicking people from the server. We don't want to kick them and not letting them join if they don't know the rules. We want them to take the time and read them. Everyone should be given a second chance.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #432399

Johnler wrote:
I don't think it should be changed. People might skip reading the rules. That doesn't mean we should ban them. If they Mass RDM we give them a warn and a slay. If they do it again, they are getting banned. It's pretty fair tbh. If we make ghosting and Mass RDM insta ban then it would be like we are kicking people from the server. We don't want to kick them and not letting them join if they don't know the rules. We want them to take the time and read them. Everyone should be given a second chance.

I don't think somebody that comes on the server and purposely kills 20 people and doesn't care about the rules should be given a second chance of any sort, on SSRP most of the time people mass RDM, you take them into a sit and they end up LTAP'ing since the completely don't care about the rules they only come on to minge and break them.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #432405

Mass RDM and LTAP is insta ban in TTT. But if someone Mass RDMs once in a round and kills like 8 people, he might think it's like Call of Duty or something.That's why we give him a warn and a slay, so he can understand he broke a rule. After that we send him the server rules. If he keeps Mass RDMing, then we are going to ban him because he ignored us and kept breaking the rules. If someone joins and Mass RDMs it doesn't mean he purposely broke the rules. He might had forgotten to read them.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Johnler.

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #432417

I honestly don't think it's humanly possible to genuinely mistake TTT for Deathmatch.
Furthermore, Mass RDM is common sense. That's like saying that hacking is ok because you didn't know there were rules against it.
Either this is your first time ever you've booted up the internet and you just so happened to have gmod as your first game (aka 7 people in the world) or you're lying.
  • Cold Pizza
  • Fresh Boarder
  • always wear dry socks
  • Thanks received: 5

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #432466

POW wrote:
I honestly don't think it's humanly possible to genuinely mistake TTT for Deathmatch.
Furthermore, Mass RDM is common sense. That's like saying that hacking is ok because you didn't know there were rules against it.
Either this is your first time ever you've booted up the internet and you just so happened to have gmod as your first game (aka 7 people in the world) or you're lying.

Think about it. Say you just bought Gmod. You see this Trouble In Terrorist Town Gamemode. You have no idea what it is. You join the Zarp server and hear shooting everywhere, so you decide to shoot and kill as many people as possible. Then the admin warns you and sends you the rules. You say sorry this is my first time playing and check the rules. Instead of getting Insta banned and thinking ''This server sucks!''.

Hacking is different. Even then we ask the person if he is hacking and if he lies, we perma ban him. If he admits it, we tell him to stop and he will most likely delete the hack.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #433091

Normally when someone continues to break rules we escalate the punishments and use bans where necessary.

I will use your example: a player joins the server and mass RDMs, he subsequently receives a warning and X amount of slays from staff member Y. If this player repeated their actions despite the punishment, in this case mass RDMs again and keeps messing around, I personally feel a short ban would suffice. Mass RDM, as you've explained is a serious issue for any TTT server. When somebody doesn't realise their mistake, whether its intentional or not, we can't outright ban people. We need to treat bans as a last resort tool for when all else fails.

But in the instances you've described - mass RDM and ghosting - they're possibly the most serious offences a player can commit on a TTT server besides cheating. We can escalate these punishments to bans if all else fails as a last resort, but I don't think we should prioritise bans over short-term punishments incase people do realise their mistake and they stop playing up.

I hope I've not made my response too confusing.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .uzi.

[TTT] Staff Ethos Overhaul 7 years 6 months ago #433155

.uzi wrote:
Normally when someone continues to break rules we escalate the punishments and use bans where necessary.

I will use your example: a player joins the server and mass RDMs, he subsequently receives a warning and X amount of slays from staff member Y. If this player repeated their actions despite the punishment, in this case mass RDMs again and keeps messing around, I personally feel a short ban would suffice. Mass RDM, as you've explained is a serious issue for any TTT server. When somebody doesn't realise their mistake, whether its intentional or not, we can't outright ban people. We need to treat bans as a last resort tool for when all else fails.

But in the instances you've described - mass RDM and ghosting - they're possibly the most serious offences a player can commit on a TTT server besides cheating. We can escalate these punishments to bans if all else fails as a last resort, but I don't think we should prioritise bans over short-term punishments incase people do realise their mistake and they stop playing up.

I hope I've not made my response too confusing.

Reply to UZI + Johnler
Yes, but you may think this, if a player fails to read the rules, that is all their fault for being bad-mannered and not reading the server rules or having genuine game knowledge, if a player doesn't know after reading the rules what the gamemode is about then they should politely ask the players instead of unnecessarily breaking the rules.

This all summs up to the players fault for not reading the rules and I think that escalate punishments would be necessary, even if it's a shorter ban than after a warn I think a slay/warn is simply not enough, I feel a 2 hour ban for "Mass RDM, Read the rules + gain some game sense" should come into play in such a situation, instead of the warning + slay, as he might think. "oh wow this server sucks!" and just repeating the action and getting a 7 day ban which is a lot worse than a instant 2 hour short ban of sort.

As you've said, you should prioritize short-term punishments over long-term, but a 2 hour ban I would consider as a short-term punishment. This being implemented to TTT would be also helpful if implemented into SSRP as I myself, hate it when a guy comes on and thinks it's some sort of Team Deathmatch game and usually they say so in a sarcastic voice and no actual punishment can be taking against it other than a warning/slay in TTT + warn. Of course, implementing a short ban simply for the player to read the rules would be a lot more helpful and in my opinion, a lot better than a warning.

I'm sorry if it's confusing at all but, I'm pretty tired after today and on a everday basis I like to debate about things on the forums.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by MichaeI. Reason: Quick change to make things less confusing.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

288 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
1/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32