Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Mayoral Upgrades

[SSRP] Mayoral Upgrades 7 years 8 months ago #388238

Now, I haven't been back long so I'm afraid I don't know if this has been suggested, but it seems to me there's a bit of an imbalance between a well organised gang, and a well organised police force. A gang has a large selection of upgrades to their name - Extra weapons, armour, and more resistant props. Now, the police start with their own obvious advantages - They have their starting armour, and weapons. I feel there could be more though, so in the proper format:

Server Name: ZARP Servers 1-3

Suggestion Title: Purchasable Police Upgrades

How would it benefit the server: It'd give the the police more of a shot against a large, organised gang. Considering CPs need a vote to get in, and gangsters do not, there tend to be a much larger number of gangsters to police. The SWAT and SAS are well armed, but regular CPs are not. I think it'd make for a more engaging experience for the gangsters to have a real challenge, and not just a duck shoot.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Certain upgrades could conflict with existing bonuses, for example extra armour for CPs can interfere with the value of the EDF suit. Extra guns could make certain roles within the police less valuable, I.E. giving them PSGs would make the SWAT Sniper less useful. I don't see any overt exploits that the existing gang upgrade systems would allow though.

Additional notes: Only suggestions as to potential upgrades, to mirror the gang ones. These would be purchasable by players, and would take effect when they became mayor - As such they could be cancelled in some way by kidnapping, killing, or by some other means involving him which incentives CPs to protect him.

Potential upgrades:

Increased vault payout -> Increased reward when arresting criminals. A higher percentage of their wanted value, 50% then 75% for the CP who arrests them.

Thompson, Jackhammer and Machete -> Purchasable upgrades to the existing pistol, and upgrades to the weapons they carry. I.E. giving regular CPs MP5s, giving SWAT M4A1s, giving the SWAT Leader an Aug, and upgrading the Intervention into a PSG as it seems fairly weak. For the machete, perhaps giving the CPs a buff to their arrest stick? At times it feels hit and miss, although that could be due to the tick rate. Potentially increasing the range on the taser might also be a viable upgrade.

Craft anywhere, crafting speed -> This one doesn't really have a use for CPs, so in its place I would suggest something which gives them more utility against large bases. Perhaps a purchasable scan for illegal items within a large radius?

Unarrest stick -> This could be a direct buff to their arrest stick. A larger radius to hit, although I highly doubt the weapon is coded that way. Potentially a buff to their taser, so that it works from a lot further?

Drug limit increase -> Another upgrade which doesn't make sense for police.

Armour boost -> Self explanatory. Maybe the EDF suit can be a solid +100 to both health and armour, and can stack with existing upgrades, so a VIP SWAT with an EDF suit and full upgrades could have 200 health and 300 armour?

Hummer and Savana -> Purchasable police cars. That'd be dope.

Damage shield -> As police don't really use props, this could somehow be a buff to the police station? Maybe giving police officers armour and health regen when inside?

That's all I could really think of off the top of my head, but it'd certainly make playing as them more fun.
  • Stryxic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Mayoral Upgrades 7 years 8 months ago #390608

[BUMP]
  • Stryxic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1

[SSRP] Mayoral Upgrades 7 years 8 months ago #390609

This is a really cool idea, The problem is a "Gang" Is a Criminal organisation So It wouldnt make sense for cops to get upgrades from it. However It would make some sense If the Police Force Could be corrput, Take BF Hardline's Singleplayer Story For example.

Also For its Potential upgrades Its would be Awesome to see something like: Swat Leaders getting M16A4 Acogs, Swat Snipers Getting M98B, And Normal Swat Getting MP7, SAS Getting L85 Etc...
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Mobile Task Force Gunner.

[SSRP] Mayoral Upgrades 7 years 8 months ago #391194

:plussp: What he said ^
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 75
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by freebandz.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

131 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32