Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Better logs

[SSRP] Better logs 7 years 9 months ago #365726

Suggestion Title: Better logs

Description: Make the logs more appealing. Currently the logs only go back 5? minutes and only show limited things, as well as being shit in regards of color choice, and organization. Add categories like Kill Logs Hit logs, etc. And chage the color so the admins eyes don't pour blood when they go to look at arrest logs (Yes, that bright cyan color is blinding.). I even asked an admin and he said they logs were sub-par. Also, make the logs go back for at least an hour, as it sometimes takes up to that time to get an admin, due to how busy they are. Next thing, add a drop log to show what players had equipped when they died. Why? This would allow refunds, and maybe a refund command for head admins as well. Also, chat logs would be nice. Really, anything better than this horrendous thing: http://imgur.com/a/l2Aab

How would it benefit the server: It would allow admins to better contribute and assist players in their issues that may arise regarding rulebreakers.

Potential Issues/Exploits: It takes effort from coders :ohmy:

Additional notes:
  • Adam14
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Adam14.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Better logs 7 years 9 months ago #365729

Thank you for your suggestion Adam 14,
Personally I can read the colors fine (Some may need some tweaking but the rest is ok)and the logs do not just go back for 5 miniutes because I have seen lots from over 20 minutes so I'm. It to sure where you got the 5 what you don't understand is the ammount of people on at peak times because at peak times there can be up to 90 people on so if you have all those lots stored on a server then it will possibly cause stress it a lot thus causing lag.
  • Luan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex- Surf Owner
  • Thanks received: 488

EX- TS3 Staff
EX- SSRP Head Admin
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Luan.

[SSRP] Better logs 7 years 9 months ago #365731

The current system is fine, it records logs for a good long while, nowhere near a measly 5 minutes. They're color coded, and you have the ability to search Steam-ID's, Keywords, etc. in the search bar. They're currently well organized, easy to navigate through, and well made. I'd like to see a few color changes though, some of them are far too bright and people shouldn't have to squint at the screen to see what it actually says.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 1.110 seconds

242 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127