Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Daily Quests/Rewards

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #355739

Server Name:ZARP SSRP 1, 2 and 3.

Suggestion Title: ZARP Daily Quests/Rewards

How would it benefit the server:

TL;DR - Daily quests that offer players better rewards the more consecutive days they do them.

Every player each day would be given a task, and/or quest to complete in the day. These are entirely optional, and will vary in terms of challenge and difficulty. The idea is simple enough to implement, and would encourage players to play every day. It would give new players an additional fighting chance to get along faster financially without having to rely on events, lots of mining, or seasonal events. It could give older players who have lost a certain amount, or have been scammed out of their money, lost weapons during raids, etc. a chance to earn something back.
It could also be done in a weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly structure where the tasks increase in difficulty as they go along, but also have increasingly valuable rewards.
If you wanted to add a VIP benefit to this, you could make it so that VIP's get two tasks or two quests to perform in the day instead of one, and therefore might have an additional advantage. Or just increase the value of their payout by a certain sum.

It could be done in either an extremely simplified manner such as daily tasks where the player must mine a certain amount of rubies/gold/rocks in a day, or arrest a certain amount of players in a day, or destroy a certain amount of printers and/or props. Lockpick a certain amount of doors, it's all relative to the class, and might also encourage players to step out of their comfort zone in regards to a job and try others.

The other way it could be done is an actual full-length quest type deal where the players could be teleported to a certain spot to eliminate a particular NPC that only spawns for that player, or raid a base and destroy a printer that is outside the confines of the typical map in an entirely new spot so as not to intrude on any other basing players. These quests could give ZARP an actual type of storyline for players who might have an interest in that type of thing.

We had the missions thing before and it didn't really work out, likely because the rewards weren't actually that great, and the NPC's were so spread out that it was sometimes difficult to find them again within the time period, or other such reasons.
This could be amended by the introduction of a spawn-based NPC, or even an addition to the F4 menu that allows players to interact with a few contacts by that menu, etc. This would eliminate the need to travel to a certain part of the map just to do a daily, and the cooldowns on some of the missions that were in place before made it difficult for players to actually enjoy doing their dailies.

It might be possible that the introduction of the more detailed type of quest thing might make it so that players are out of the map a lot more or some such, but you could also make it so that they're fairly quick tasks, or timed, etc. It wouldn't be that difficult to amend to my knowledge.

There could also be the possibility that the more event weeks people do, the better the rewards get, so that could make things even more interesting!

I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in terms of writing out tasks and/or quests, and I'm sure plenty of players on here would have an idea or two for another questline/task to include.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Players might be able to make alternate accounts to do dailies and then transfer the earnings to their main.

Additional notes: I think this might encourage daily player interactivity, might deter players from begging other players for help when they're new and/or have been scammed, might give additional incentive to be a VIP, and may give players a chance to explore a backstory to ZARP, or alternatively, interact with their environment a bit more.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Father Watson.
Login or register to post a reply.

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #355976

Bump.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #355977

Can i get a hand cannon for visiting the car dealer?

I like this suggestion, it will give us another thing to do...
:plussp:
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 821

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #355978

I think the idea would be better implemented if the rewards were balanced, though theoretically, if the rewards improved week to week the more weeks you did them, or if you did it in a monthly structure, you could very well have a handcannon or something equal to the value.
It more depends on how the owners want to balance rewards.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #356098

I know they've been reworking the old Quest NPC's into a new system, i'm sure it's along the lines of what you're suggesting.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #356162

:plussp: Nıce suggestion
  • Yuno
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP-Admin Surf-Mod Resigned TTT-Mod
  • Thanks received: 79

SSRP-Admin Surf-Mod
Resigned TTT-Mod

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #356189

I miss getting the Winchester from the old npc quests
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #356272

Morgan wrote:
I know they've been reworking the old Quest NPC's into a new system, i'm sure it's along the lines of what you're suggesting.

I spoke to Chute and he said to suggest it on here, so odds are they probably want as many suggestions as possible for a way to adjust the system in a way that makes everyone happy.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Daily Quests/Rewards 7 years 9 months ago #356275

This is a awesome idea. now their is other things to do other then mining and raiding or building
This could change zarp for the better
  • Kmo
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Whatever You Are Be A Good One" Abraham Lincoln
  • Thanks received: 36

By Section <3
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

178 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1