Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SUGGESTION] Rule changes.

[SUGGESTION] Rule changes. 8 years 1 month ago #309729

This is a suggestion on some rule changes I find are necessary on ZarpGaming Deathrun.

"-No exploit/trap avoiding: Exploiting unintentional map faults to benefit yourself or others is prohibited. Any way to unfairly avoid traps is also considered exploit."

This is a rule I find needs a change. I can understand that some major exploits, for example the exploit on the deathrun map "rooftops" where you ladder jump and skip half the map, or on the deathrun map "parking garage" where you can pre-speed at the very beginning and jump over the gap and skip half the map as well, should NOT be allowed, since they definetely ruin the game. As for avoiding ONE trap, that is totally unecessary. Avoiding one trap, out of about 20 on the map, should not be against the rules. I have been slain multiple times for avoiding some useless traps, and it makes me laugh. On the deathrun map "marioworld", at the very beginning there is an EASTER EGG, a MAP SECRET, where you can avoid THREE traps.

Definition of an exploit: In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

The items that I have mentioned are not exploits, and are added in by the map creators, who I have had the pleasure with talking to some of them, and they have told me that they are not exploits, and they've added them to their map(s). The fact that some of your staff slay me and say it is an exploit really bothers me, since they don't know what an exploit is. I know they are following the rules, but having such strict rules ruins the game. I personally wouldn't want to play on a server with such strict rules, since it makes players be afraid of playing on the server because they don't want to get banned. That's not how gaming should be, you should be able to enjoy playing on the server and have fun, but I'm going to continue to play on your servers since I like some of the staff who understand what I say and listen, and I really hope you get rid of this rule.

Another rule change I would like to suggest is:

"-No reactivation of traps: Using a trap when it has already been used it against the rules. If you're not sure whether or not a trap has been used, best bet is to not use it at all."

As I've stated before, most map creators know what they're doing. They have chosen to be able to let players reactivate traps on their map, as to stop people who are delaying and who have leached and waited for all traps to be used so they can get a freerun. Having a rule that doesn't allow freeruns, and then a rule which gives players a freerun baffles my mind. Maps like "goldfever" don't have reactivating traps, since the map creator knew what he was doing and made it that way, and added an afk timer to stop people from leaching. This rule definetely needs a change, as it's also completely unecessary, and also ruins the fun. Yet again it makes players feel afraid to play on the server, even press a trap.

As a previous owner of a successful deathrun server of about three years, I would like to give you these tips on the rule changes. Hope you take them into account.

-Sifix

[EDIT]
I don't want any replies of people telling me I'm wrong, since I know what I'm talking about. I'd just like the owner to take these rule changes into consideration.
  • Sifix
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Sifix.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SUGGESTION] Rule changes. 8 years 1 month ago #309730

Here is the template:
Server Name:

Suggestion Title:

How would it benefit the server:

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Additional notes:
  • Holly Banker
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 724