Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Remove big bases

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303638

How am I supposed to leech off Revolt if they can't have a big base?
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jim_Jam.
Login or register to post a reply.

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303653

Well its part of the game to base you cant Base With 20People in a little base so it cant really get removed

Big -Support
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303654

Who bases with 20 people. And if you do then you have a large place to place your printers down. Just scale the building down to RPG.
  • khaitam2001
  • Expert Boarder
  • The truth lies in darkness
  • Thanks received: 123

Resigned deathrun admin
Resigned SSRP admin

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303679

notWalrus wrote:
Isn't using ALTs for building your ever big base just bypassing the prop limit imposed on one player?

Good point never taught about that
  • ToeRag2k6
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 60
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303683

Max. wrote:
Its really not a good idea as people with ALTs have paid for the game and VIP on the alts. They would not be happy at all if ALTS were disallowed

But then at the end of the day we don't want SSRP to look like a server where it's pay to win and that it will be hard to get into
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303686

notWalrus wrote:
Isn't using ALTs for building your ever big base just bypassing the prop limit imposed on one player?

Yeah it is so with alts some people are bypassing a server feature that is there for the good of the server so using alts to bypass it I would count it as like exploiting.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303734

I still remember when people had small bases,no prop protection,no OP explosive,orb was rare.People actually based to have fun,not to show off with their money.
  • Muhammed Ali
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 780

certified
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303871

Just get big team skilled players handcannons its not that hard to raid
  • Helari
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • One Step Ahead Of The Game
  • Thanks received: 37

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303873

Helari wrote:
Hahah with your handcannon skills xD
  • Elkku
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fortnite for life
  • Thanks received: 64

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303874

Elkku wrote:
Helari wrote:
Hahah with your handcannon skills xD

:D
  • Helari
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • One Step Ahead Of The Game
  • Thanks received: 37

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303875

Yoda wrote:
Xeoribet wrote:
Alts have killed the economy.
your right
the problem is the alt gives u and advantage with printing in a hour more then a normal person or putting them as cops and raiding bank or lunching nuke
People pay for this privilege and if they were removed it would cause total disruption among the servers, literally over 500+ dollars gone to waste, paras alts, dooms, juggers, luan, fennester, me, gun mac blasting ton shit tons of people would be upset and most likely have one or more reasons to leave the community or get upset and have rants etc.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303882

spodermon wrote:
mycherrycrush wrote:
Server Name: SV1/2

Suggestion Title: Remove trees

How would it benefit the server: Less lag and people complaining

Potential Issues/Exploits: n/a , just blacklist them

Additional notes:

Today there came a user to server 1 and asked me to let some admins to go to server 2 because apparently people with alts were spawning in 10 part bases and causing lag. I joined the server and apparently lead team members were spawning bases in and it caused mass lag and fps drop. Ive got already 6 people complaining about it. So my suggestion was to remove the big bases or alts. (I asked him to remove it and said : "its allowed, not against the rules"

Hey bud, edit your title to remove trees!
Why, I ask to get rid of big bases? :o
Max. wrote:
Its really not a good idea as people with ALTs have paid for the game and VIP on the alts. They would not be happy at all if ALTS were disallowed
It'd help to attract new players who'll stay :)
Stratiic wrote:
I'm not going to lie, I'd play SSRP if there were no abnormally large bases, playing in small bases which take up one building used to be fun. It's not fun when they take up an entire street and they just prove to be a huge eyesore on the map.
Exactly this! Up until last summer it was very fun to play SSRP, you had a nice RP experience, people would actually RP, the bases were raidable, even without explosives, you had fun, you were killing others and happy if you found 1 printer with 50k in it!
Nowadays if you find 1m it's meh, not that much, because people with alts print that every minute. You can't keep-up with people who pay-to-play. And thus ruin the fun for others :)
Although, the last week or so I've barely seen any big bases, that has probably to do with the event, but hey, it's at least a bit better! Progression guys!itzsonzy wrote:
Must be all the huge bases causing lag, but dont worry, Cherry's 70 Prop RP houses, full of the biggest tree's imaginable are completely fine!
I quote Paramontana"Big props are not the cause of the lag"

Hence, he has a 5 part base with 5*70 props, thats 350 props, why'd my 70 props make the server lag?
Jugger wrote:
well if they get rid of alts that means they scammed me cause i paid a shit ton of money for alts etc so they would not do that

also so what if you got big bases if your a good raider you can raid it since if they remove alts you can stil lgive it to friends and they can paste it down it will be no different
So you only think about your self?
Slefish is what it's called, Jugger, selfish.
Jugger wrote:
also i dont use my alts to an advantage only to paste down dupes my alts stay afk at spawn so if we get raided ill just wait nlr etc

also what about the handcannons etc which can destory bases in 1 shot so think about that
You gotta have 10 alts first to print money for a hand cannon, which become even more rare nowadays.
Jugger wrote:
Xeoribet wrote:

your trolling has killed the staff team
I'd rather see a troll killing the staff team then a person killing the server ;-)
Macca Lad wrote:
Only problem with this is the current explosives they would destroy every small base thats the only rerason these big bases are around maybe if the explosives wernt so good and powerful then people wouldnt have to result in these big types of bases
Well, yes, but they can be nerfed, although bases can still be raidable with the prop protection.
Gmod Troller wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Xeoribet wrote:
your right
the problem is the alt gives u and advantage with printing in a hour more then a normal person or putting them as cops and raiding bank or lunching nuke
People pay for this privilege and if they were removed it would cause total disruption among the servers, literally over 500+ dollars gone to waste, paras alts, dooms, juggers, luan, fennester, me, gun mac blasting ton shit tons of people would be upset and most likely have one or more reasons to leave the community or get upset and have rants etc.
You lived without them before, so why not anymore? You got addicted to them or what?
You NEED them? Else you can't play like other people play? Like it's supposed to?

It'd just attract new people to have a server without lag and some actual RP in it. Maybe then ZARP can be the best SSRP server again ;-) They used to be that for a long time, but it has gone worse.
  • ◦◦
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 44
SSRP Moderator
SSRP Ex-Admin

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303888

+Support

What's hard about raiding those bases is the lag the base causes. I'd also rather have 3 small bases rather than a big one. More fun!

Should be max 2 part player bases
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303889

Guys we can simply not make rules against building. It's not gonna happen i am sorry but there is really no point
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimeForPug

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303890

Keith Cozart wrote:
Guys we can simply not make rules against building. It's not gonna happen i am sorry but there is really no point

Point is to reduce lag. Putting limit to max 2 ALTS is something i can agree on. But every time i go on server 2 i see revolt basing. Now yes we raided them due to the fact we have access to hand cannons. However it was decently hard when it was lagging.

I don't believe Pay2Win is something would go for. I never did. And since some gangs has access to base protection literally: Matador, rpg, millkor and such are useless to those bases. Only thundergun and hand cannon does anything really. I mean they payed to support the server im sure but they're not really by creating this much lag.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ace

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303894

Keith Cozart wrote:
So basically what you are saying it's already too late? Should've called a stop to the ALTs in the first place?
  • ◦◦
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 44
SSRP Moderator
SSRP Ex-Admin

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303930

This would be a bad idea because people would spend tens of millions of RP cast and they wouldn't then waste it on a base that is a few props and a fading door they need defense not just a "small base" and what size would you mean if they some how did do this?
This then would make people not make as much money that could dramatically effect the economy.
But in my opinion i don't like the idea of spending around 30 Mill on a gold plated printer or more then boost it and placing it in a small base but i don't think this will pass a lot of people base and love to it would.
they would end up loosing their money and then no one would base this could lead to people being that desperate that they cheat and break rules to do it which would be a really bad thing to happen it would be good to just keep it the way it is.

But it do see it in your way that you constantly lag and we all know it isn't the best of experiences but you should try invest in some either net cable or fiber optic broadband or maybe a WiFi booster it helps a lot for me and i had crap internet.
but yeah for me the props only make it lag when they are destroyed or unfrozen.

But in conclusion i feel it would break the way of basing and it would break the server in some ways with people not making as much money as they used to they would get annoyed and may leave the community again which could leave Zarp being less popular and some people may not want to play the SSRP Servers.
But i think it would just be a bad idea to be honest with you.
  • To Be Continued
  • Senior Boarder
  • Been dead for about a year
  • Thanks received: 111
Add Me On Steam.
{SSRP} - Ex Administrator {Deathrun} - Ex Administrator

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303956

Wow every revolt player for himself i guess. You clearly don't care if it's lagging as long as your printers keep printing. The lag always works in the favour of the defenders due to the fact they have 1 entrance to defend so they can simply pray and spray.

How about this? Think about the new players. Most of them quit because you create so much lag. I literally see 30 players 20 of them being you guys. Yet it's lagging but yet you don't care.

Edit: Buying new internet doesn't fix the server lag. Might fix your lag if you had before. But we are all under the same circumstances when it comes to lag.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by catboy sven ツ.

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303962

SkullCandYz wrote:
I still remember when people had small bases,no prop protection,no OP explosive,orb was rare.People actually based to have fun,not to show off with their money.

YES, i wish there was a server 3 where it was like back on the first bloc42 where stuff took time to get there wasnt booster packs or 1 hit explosives and stupid stuff like that, where there was 3 things rpg milkor and orb all at high prices and you got a lockpick and vip lockpick THATS IT no wheel no mass afk miners going for ruby so lets go for a server 3 thats basic af

#makessrpgreatagain
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057

Remove big bases 8 years 1 month ago #303964

SalmonellaBro wrote:
SkullCandYz wrote:

YES, i wish there was a server 3 where it was like back on the first bloc42 where stuff took time to get there wasnt booster packs or 1 hit explosives and stupid stuff like that, where there was 3 things rpg milkor and orb all at high prices and you got a lockpick and vip lockpick THATS IT no wheel no mass afk miners going for ruby so lets go for a server 3 thats basic af

#makessrpgreatagain

LOL you have like 100 booster packs hahaha
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

141 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32