Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Server Compaints/Suggestions

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280666

I played ZARP back in the day when it's map was bloc42. I have been on the server through alot of changes and I have to make the topic about complaints I have. Firstly I have to say the lag on the server is unbearable, when it lags like this you can barely walk up stairs or walk down the street without lagging all over the place. Driving a car is almost impossible when it lags (and sometimes when it isn't). Most of the time me and my friends stuggle to stay on the road, end up driving over people and getting banned. This shouldn't be an issue for a very popular server, the money should be spent on providing the best, lag-free experience for the players. People that would like to RP properly and make a shop or whatnot can't because the lag makes it incredibly difficult to do so.

Secondly I would to speak about the map. To me downtown is too big and overused, everyone is spread out so you don't have alot of interaction, shops aren't visited as much as a smaller map, and with downtown being as big as it is it can get boring since nothing is happening in your area. I find bloc42 to be a superior map for multiple reasons. Firstly because everything was so close together that there wasn't that much traveling to be done, there was more things happening around you such as DJ's on the street, people messing about and some times a robbery on the bank might be taking place. This means that you would be more entertained because of everything happening around you. Also bloc42 has alot of great features in it such as multiple layers to it, the sewers and the amount of housing space for it's size. The map has a few slopes to it rather than being flat like downtown, it also has lots of flats stuck near shops, the bank and the PD. This brings the community together more as everything is closer together so everyone socializes better and communicates more than they do on downtown. The sewers bring more exploration to the map, not only as it provides a place for people to base in but also a place for mutants to go. This is great because it mean that the surface of the map isn't spammed with massive bases that are an eye sore and can be annoying and it gives mutants a place to go so the sewers are dangerous to venture into, unlike the little path on downtown where the mutants get killed straight away when they exit the path. The amount of housing on bloc42 is outstanding. In the start area I can name there being multiple shops on the left and the right side(around 4 on the right and 1 on the left), 4 flats each with 3 floors, the bank, the PD, Sewer entrance, Petrol station, car park, church and alot more. There is enough space in the spawn to house alot of people so the spawn area will always be bustling with people and alot of shops will be made. Also with the PD being so close crime wouldn't be so high. Bloc42 also had a nice little feature where you could do little side mission by interacting with NPC's around the map and they would give you missions to do. When you do these missions you could get points that you could spend on customising your character with things like hats,bagpacks and trails. Bloc42 was what made ZARP unique from all the other servers out there and was one reason I kept on playing due to it's variety. I think a temp map change on ZARP 1 or 2 would allow the people of the server to decide on whether or not a change would be something they would want. If they do want it then a permanent change would be good.

Thirdly, I would like to speak about the special weapons. I think they are a terrible idea and completely ruin the fun in the server. The matadors and milkors completely ruin the aspect of base building as you can't even build a peaceful base without it being destroyed. Me and my friends tried to make a simple cafe and it was destroyed when it was nowhere near completion and we didn't have a dupe saved. Things like this take away from the RP experience as nobody builds detailed shops anymore, or little bases. I remember when people who make these things as there wasn't any threat. These things should be taken out and replaced with other things such as a lockpick boost, keypad boost and other simple, non destructive items. With these things removed it would encourage people to base more and make more shops and in general, RP more realistically.

Finally I would like to talk about RDMing on the server. Today me and my friends were trying to build a base but were constantly being RDMed by people with a sniper. I admit I didn't F1 it since i has faith in the admins to deal with it but they didn't. I always see admins walking around the streets yet they failed to see mass RDM but someone with a sniper and mass police RDM. This shouldn't happen and the admins should've noticed this.

In conclusion, the lag should be fixed as soon as possible because you cannot do anything without having to combat intense lag and make doing anything a chore. The map should be changed to make ZARP more unique like the good old days, plus bloc42 is overall a better map. The special weapons should be completely redone and be replaced with non-destructive items, and finally the RDM issue should be fixed so there isn't widespread mass RDM.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by topkek.
Login or register to post a reply.

Server Compaints 8 years 2 months ago #280672

We use downtown as it's a popular choice throughout the game-mode, and its not too big, not too small. We have two servers to provide two different style maps, one big and one smaller. Bloc42 has lost in the past two last map votes both times, and it's time to bury it and move on to greater things. Reworking all of the explosive weapons like you say just to add a map the majority of the player base doesn't want will cause a lot of inconvenience, it just isn't a viable choice for the server at the point. As for lag, it's being looked into every single day by the Community Team and it is at the up-most priority.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Server Compaints 8 years 2 months ago #280674

• Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1273
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, rroobbiinn10xx

Server Compaints 8 years 2 months ago #280677

Downtown is the most popular choice as it is the most commonly used map, no other map uses bloc42 that's why it's never voted in, people won't vote for something they don't know about. The weapons won't be redone because it's tailored to people who don't want to seriously RP and don't want to make a base and take it seriously, it's for people that want to ruin the fun. I'm glad you're looking into the lag and it's your utmost priority since it's really annoying.
  • topkek
  • Fresh Boarder

Server Compaints 8 years 2 months ago #280767

topkek wrote:
Downtown is the most popular choice as it is the most commonly used map, no other map uses bloc42 that's why it's never voted in, people won't vote for something they don't know about. The weapons won't be redone because it's tailored to people who don't want to seriously RP and don't want to make a base and take it seriously, it's for people that want to ruin the fun. I'm glad you're looking into the lag and it's your utmost priority since it's really annoying.
I'm still sticking and the reply i gave you before,
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280795

The server's incredibly large AoE special weapons do not suit the map. I love the map probably more than most who want it, but it's time to accept that it's just not the right choice for our unique game mode anymore.

Although crystal, you shouldn't discuss things you have little knowledge of.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280800

As far goes for the lag. We are looking into it to the best of our abilities. We have multiple people working on it every single day. We really want that fixed, please just try to be patient, we will get it fixed at some point, it can just be hard if we do not know what the exact issue is. I am not gonna give any input on the map since i do not wanna repeat Morgan 100% Since he did say exactly what there is to be said about that.... Also with all of the explosives i do not like the idea of it and in my personal opinion it has gone to far with it. The problem is though, since we already added all the things to the server we cannot just go ahead and remove it from everyone. It will just cause insane amounts of problems. Also it might make a lot of people quit, since that is one of the things that makes Zarp unique... I have not seen any other server with weapons that can actually blow up bases. Hope this just helped you a little bit in some kind of way
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280847

If you have a "Café". Make sure you put up a [RP HOUSE] sign. So people won't blow it. Otherwise it's against the rules and most people with explosives have played enough to know that rule and therefore won't break it.

The fun challenge with Zarp when someone is bombing your base actually gives you an adrenaline kick if you have printers to defend. When you manage to kill all raiders you will feel a reward and you will be able to keep printing until they give up.

This makes Zarp competetive. With gangs, explosives and such. And since lag is the only problem Zarp is having you should be proud of being apart if this community. Garrys mod have a really shitty engine so don't be fully suprised if the lag never completley vanishes.
Finally I would like to talk about RDMing on the server. Today me and my friends were trying to build a base but were constantly being RDMed by people with a sniper. I admit I didn't F1 it since i has faith in the admins to deal with it but they didn't. I always see admins walking around the streets yet they failed to see mass RDM but someone with a sniper and mass police RDM. This shouldn't happen and the admins should've noticed this.

Really? You expect admins to be some gods? How can they know if it's RDM or an roleplay situation? It's your responsibility to make this not hapen.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280848

Aspect wrote:
If you have a "Café". Make sure you put up a [RP HOUSE] sign. So people won't blow it. Otherwise it's against the rules and most people with explosives have played enough to know that rule and therefore won't break it.

The fun challenge with Zarp when someone is bombing your base actually gives you an adrenaline kick if you have printers to defend. When you manage to kill all raiders you will feel a reward and you will be able to keep printing until they give up.

This makes Zarp competetive. With gangs, explosives and such. And since lag is the only problem Zarp is having you should be proud of being apart if this community. Garrys mod have a really shitty engine so don't be fully suprised if the lag never completley vanishes.

Really? You expect admins to be some gods? How can they know if it's RDM or an roleplay situation? It's your responsibility to make this not hapen.

Once again my normal post why does someone care about a complaint leave it
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280938

when it lags like this you can barely walk up stairs or walk down the street without lagging all over the place. Driving a car is almost impossible when it lags (and sometimes when it isn't). Most of the time me and my friends stuggle to stay on the road, end up driving over people and getting banned. This shouldn't be an issue for a very popular server, the money should be spent on providing the best, lag-free experience for the players. People that would like to RP properly and make a shop or whatnot can't because the lag makes it incredibly difficult to do so.
Best option for no lag. Server 2

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280951

Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:
when it lags like this you can barely walk up stairs or walk down the street without lagging all over the place. Driving a car is almost impossible when it lags (and sometimes when it isn't). Most of the time me and my friends stuggle to stay on the road, end up driving over people and getting banned. This shouldn't be an issue for a very popular server, the money should be spent on providing the best, lag-free experience for the players. People that would like to RP properly and make a shop or whatnot can't because the lag makes it incredibly difficult to do so.

Please join server 2 right now and tell me its not lagging
  • Miro
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • saint lawrence boyz
  • Thanks received: 240

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280953

Miro wrote:
Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:

Please join server 2 right now and tell me its not lagging

Along with the fact you can join server 2, but there will be no where to raid.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"

Server Compaints/Suggestions 8 years 2 months ago #280969

JDelux wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Once again my normal post why does someone care about a complaint leave it

We get it mate you made a funny joke stop trying to milk it.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

196 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun