Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277505

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Gang System that allows gang wars.

How would it benefit the server: Making gangs more competetive.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Will probably take time to create a system like this but i believe that it doesn't require too much.

Additional notes:

So to start off it's stupid how big gangs become the top gangs beacuse they have more upgrades. It's nothing that takes too much effort. Some gangs will even destroy there own printers before leaving to get gang loot. However i believe it should be fair whatever size your gang has. Therefore a system to be added.

This will only work for the top 10 gangs and it works by startings a raid in the F4 menu. As it's started by both gang owners you may kill everyone in their gang in that district as long as they are any criminal job such as Gangster, Thief, Drug dealer etc.

With this comes more accurate leaderboards. If you win the raid you will get a win in your leaderboard stats and it cannot be removed and it can be viewed by anyone else in the servers. As you get to their printers room and get loot in an active gang wars raid. You will get double loot aswell

There are three diffrent ways of winning a war i can think of:

A - The defenders are all dead and therefore the owner of the gang and must resign otherwise he is breaking a rule and must be punished.

B - When a raid starts the owner of the defending base gets an item to defend that he gets to take out from inventory and drop on ground. If the raiders get control of that item the defenders will lose.

However if all the raiders are dead they will lose the battle excluding people not raiding rather roleplaying etc.

C - There is a personal judge that both owners can give access to who gets to win the raid. With this it means that the judge gets to see who's the actual winners here.

I'm making this beacuse my gang has won about all of our battles that we take seriously. We don't get much for winning as the defenders just setup as easy and our reward for raiding another gang is just a few k loot. It's not much and it's nothing too motivating to keep doing over and over again.

This is what made me lost motivation in DarkRP as the game gets repetetive with it's same playstyle constantly. I'd really like a change and hopefully that's something that can happen one day in this community. As you get more gang wins you could possibly have rewards for getting example 50 wins or 5 wins in a row.

This is mostly the idea and needs to be redone. There are probably alot of exploits that i can't think of but could cause alot problems. However til that day that happens. I'm off.

Bye and thanks for reading :zarp:

TL;DR: Gangwars between gangs. Both owners of the gang must be online to start one. If you win you get a permament victory in your gang. Lots of wins equals possible rewards.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277507

So to start off it's stupid how big gangs become the top gangs beacuse they have more upgrades. It's nothing that takes too much effort.

Ok mhm seems good
This will only work for the top 10 gangs

Um.. ok?

This is bad. The reason top gangs are in that position is that they've completed the most raids or earned the most loot. Every method of gathering loot takes a lot of time and dedication by users. Additionally, Born In Blood at about 30 members attained all upgrades faster than Silent March, going to show that the biggest gangs aren't the best.

Additionally, you're suggesting a district based system that has previously been rejected multiple times for another, more pressing purpose.

The system you propose is complex, would take a lot of time to set up and doesn't fit in with the casual vibe an SSRP server like ours has. If you want to be the best, go play CS:GO or dota 2, both require extreme aim or strategy.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by exrobite.

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277510

hard to code but sweet idea :D
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277511

I like the idea, but as i read it trough it seems really hard to do and or put in the server.
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone
  • Thanks received: 129

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277516

This will only work for the top 10 gangs

It's not hard to get on that list. It's just so we all know that the gang owners are more serious.

This is bad. The reason top gangs are in that position is that they've completed the most raids or earned the most loot. Every method of gathering loot takes a lot of time and dedication by users. Additionally, Born In Blood at about 30 members attained all upgrades faster than Silent March, going to show that the biggest gangs aren't the best.

Additionally, you're suggesting a district based system that has previously been rejected multiple times for another, more pressing purpose.

The system you propose is complex, would take a lot of time to set up and doesn't fit in with the casual vibe an SSRP server like ours has. If you want to be the best, go play CS:GO or dota 2, both require extreme aim or strategy.[/quote]

First of all BiB has been here around for ages. They got alot of upgrades before they even costed loot. Silent March isn't that much bigger beacuse they have more members. Srsly, you think that any of those people actually wins there raids? No. They use their own printers to get on top. Maybe BiB has done it too. Can't confirm.

Anyways you're not the best beacuse you're on top of the leaderboards. Why? First of all eventually when more gangs get those upgrades everyone will be #1 and that's not competetive.

Also Dota is shit and requires you to not have a life.

Every method of gathering loot takes a lot of time and dedication by users.

Rly? Didn't you just read what i said?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277518

If it makes you more active aspect I'm giving a :plussp: jk jk

If this could be coded (which you stated would take a long time) I feel this would be an amazing feature to the server
  • Macca Lad
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 265

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277525

I'm going to ignore the obvious bait at the bottom and stick to the key points.
First of all BiB has been here around for ages. They got alot of upgrades before they even costed loot.

A lot of gangs had all of the upgrades before the loot and extra upgrade update. It gave a clear comparison based on attaining the new upgrades.

You seem to have such a need to prove youself when the server your on is based less on skill and more on having a laugh with a few mates. If you take it as seriously as you clearly are you are missing the point of SSRP. I'm sure few people share your over competitive sentiment on this one.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277527

Just have a gangbang (shootout term) near PD not hard..
  • Am1og
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ZARP Contributor
  • Thanks received: 151
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mario

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #277532

[C]Hentai wrote:
love this idea sure the owners will love it but if they do accept it then it probably will take a while cause they really busy people but I love it you got my :plussp:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ @Matthew gangbang? VOID GANG INCOOOMMMIIIINGGG *JACKHAMMER BANGERS*
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1273

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #278096

bump
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #278101

:plussp:

Would make gangs alot more interesting.
  • itzryzo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • eks dee!
  • Thanks received: 270

Resigned SSRP Moderator x2

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #278140

No pls you will destroy us

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Marcooo
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 465

Made by Am1og
My other account

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 2 months ago #278195

It is a bit complicated, for both to understand and to code. It can also result in many ways. For example, many other innocent people may die when they are doing their RP, because of this war. Some people may kill some innocent people without knowing that they weren't involved in this war.

The suggestion you make is more likely a Team Deathmatch; however, it'll be put into SSRP and will be done in front of many people. I mean, that can cause a lot of people. It is a creative suggestion, but we should also consider what can be done in SSRP. And, we should not forget that this can lead to mass server lag. Players would not have fun when they lag in the middle of the fight.

So, that's :minussp: for me :(

TL;DR That will cause many troubles such as RDM and will lead to lag which will not make the RP and this war enjoyable.
  • Progr4mm3r
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Happy Little Roses
  • Thanks received: 58

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #290650

TL;DR That will cause many troubles such as RDM and will lead to lag which will not make the RP and this war enjoyable.

I read it all but this sentence didn't really make sense. Roleplay means that it's based on real life. In real life when someone is having a gunfight and you stay in the middle you will most likely. That is kind of the point. You will have to be aware of the situation and not stand in the way to survive. I also don't understand how it's RDM when they're standing in the way and how RDM leads to lag but ok.

ps. It's not much team death match it's rp. I don't really wanna bring up an example of in real life but it's something that happens all the time and therefore should be allowed here too.

I know the lead team is bussy fixing the lag issue but i would really like to have this next on the list! I would come back easy if it happened.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #290651

I don't know what real life activities your partake in but I can assure you in real life gangs don't have a communal leaderboard.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #308307

Exrobite wrote:
I don't know what real life activities your partake in but I can assure you in real life gangs don't have a communal leaderboard.

In real life? Hah i bet you $100 that people don't use thunderguns and gluon guns to shot random houses with money in it
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #308308

Exrobite wrote:

In real life? Hah i bet you $100 that people IRL don't use thunderguns and gluon guns to shot random houses with money in it, silly boy
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #308320

Aspect wrote:
Exrobite wrote:

In real life? Hah i bet you $100 that people IRL don't use thunderguns and gluon guns to shot random houses with money in it, silly boy
silly boy?
what kind of insult is that :sick:
  • itzryzo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • eks dee!
  • Thanks received: 270

Resigned SSRP Moderator x2

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by itzryzo.

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #308322

Aspect wrote:
Exrobite wrote:

In real life? Hah i bet you $100 that people don't use thunderguns and gluon guns to shot random houses with money in it
yeah m8 my dog tgunned my fridge and stole all the cheese, legit happened
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1641

[SSRP Suggestion] Gang-Wars 8 years 1 month ago #308358

I know this is old but i think it would be kewl
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP