Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269507

When I 1st seen this I thought you mean that if you go AFK you go into ghostmode lol.
I've read the suggestions and it sounds really cool and I think it will attract more and more players if this happened. I would personally love to do this as it can get very boring waiting for people to Finnish the map.

:support:
  • Jamie Lawrence
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Name Changed From MrFluffy
  • Thanks received: 250
The topic has been locked.

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269522

|Z| Wolfie wrote:

Attachment WolfiesFeedback.jpg not found

At first this seems like a great idea, but thinking more about people being able to do this the problems keep adding up.
Problem 1: Ghosting Rule

Players would be able to go through 'choice traps' such as portals and bridges and tell the alive runners a lot easier than they already can. Yes I am aware that this already happens, but if you are allowed to save a position you could save it right in front of the portals and just keep going back if needed.

Problem 2: Distraction

Staff members can miss rule breakers due to being distracted and able to bhop the maps.

Problem 3: Broken
Zenternal wrote:
Both ghost-modes from scriptfodder don't work. I wasted so much money on them. They break every garrys mod update, and both developers have given up.

Looks like it's not an option anymore especially with the amount of updates Gmod has been having lately, and the last updates for the program itself were last updated 5 months ago. Not to mention that the first one has been cancelled by the developer:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank you for the suggestion and I would love for something like this to be a possibility one day, but for now I just can't see it happening.

It's a from me.

1: Make an "private chat" <- idk how to say it else so they cant ghost. Or make them go to every choise traps because they simpely are a ghost and cant harm them

2:Make the ghosts invisable for runners and death's

3: Its able to fix that.

4: Its able to create by emp himself if he has the time for it.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269615

There is something I'd like to clarify. I found the scripts in like 10 seconds, it's only examples and can be used for inspiration. We don't need to use them, and it seems like they're broken anyway, so EMP could probably make something like this (If he has the time to do it)

So just ignore the fact that they're broken and please reconsider the suggestion. I personally think it's a great idea and I think it should be added.
  • Polsee
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pedo
  • Thanks received: 441

Ex-Deathrun Server Owner
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Section Moderator
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Polsee.

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269638

RandomdudeDK wrote:
And as I said:
Unless a fixed version of this presents itself

I've seen on DarkerGaming minigames their version of the ghost command is pretty sweet you press R while spectating and you can only see other ghosts while in ghost mode, you can jump around and have fun and if you press v you can noclip around just as you would in nocollide mode. The ghost mode does force a 3rd person on you, I will post a video of the ghost command in a min.

• KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by KapiJam.

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269652

I like this idea

:plussp:
  • Frentium
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ok
  • Thanks received: 277

Resigned SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269672

Interesting suggestion however has the potential to ruin the gamemode in my opinion.

If players have to option to go into a "ghost mode" and respawn and so get to bhop around the map how would their deaths be prevented upon re-spawning as most maps have an afk player killer such as the breaking floor on Minecraft or the toxic gas on Prison Break and could cause issues with moving player killers such as the orb on Iceworld as you can't see it from behind but still die when touching it.

If godded upon entering "ghost mode" then players can get trapped in places that people should have died before like choosing the wrong portal on Minecraft or if the player were to fall into the water at the sides of Atomic Warfare or the ravines in GoldFever. Likewise a temporary god mode option wouldn't work on some maps either and create problems like the rising water on Amazon that damages for each second you are in it and it's also impossible to climb back up like the breaking floors on Aztecan.

Buttons for secret endings could also be activated by the "ghost team" as I don't think that its possible to blacklist a team from a map object meaning that on maps like Challenging, the secret buttons can be presses by the "ghost team" leading to an easier ending for the runners, the same on Gold Fever if a runner forgot to press one of the signs then a "ghost" could go back to use it and the same goes for the secret buttons on Steam Works and Helix.

The members of the "ghost team", unless coded out, could also have the potential to move physics objects on maps making it easier for the runners like the barrels, breaking crates and platforms or Rooftops or the box, barrel and walls to the next area on Drop as otherwise, unless a living player who has a crowbar comes along, then the "ghost" cant progress through the map hence making the idea redundant as they can't finish the map. If also given a weapon though, then it could also cause problems of breaking the walls on Spy vs Spy or Drop and Rooftops allowing for runners to pass through more easily making it near impossible for a death to stop a prespeeding runner going at 800+ speed. It could also remove the purpose of the 5th trap in the second area in sk_jail as the purpose of the area is that you need to break vents to escape and then it's cutting it close.

Some members of staff after death could be "off in their own little world", as Morgan put it, and not be aware of any deaths breaking rules like trapspam and trapsteal as they are focusing more on their second or more go at the map in stead of patrolling through spectate in an attempt to stop rule breakers for example if somebody were to go into the bin on Family Guy and the only member of staff was bhopping through the start of the map, far away from the person exploiting, then by the time they catch up the invisible player could have already won the map and killed the deaths as they couldn't see the player and hence didn't know when to activate traps.

As Wolfie and Zenternal have also stated, it doesn't appear that there is a working version of the plugin at the moment as the developers not updated their work with to the same version that GMod is currently in meaning that it would most likely fall to Chute or EMP or develop their own, taking what I would assume to be a large about of time out of their days and would probably end up just being postponed until they have time by which point most players might not even care about the plugin anymore.

TL;DR
-Too many problems with maps
-Not a working one already
-Staff may get distracted and not watch over the server
-Would probably take a long time to code a new one

Like I said at the start, this is just my opinion on the matter so feel free to express thoughts on my comment aswell.
  • TotallyNotOnDrugs
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Patrick Star is love, Patrick Star is life.
  • Thanks received: 199
Former Forum Section Mod
Former DeathRun SuperAdmin
Former TeamSpeak Staff

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269701

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

This is what I was trying to say, just seems like there's too many problems and would be too much work to implement properly. Not that it wouldn't be great for users that are bored while waiting for next rounds, just seems like the negatives out way the positives. :(
  • WolfieAD
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 192

Former Deathrun Owner
Former SSRP Moderator
Former Teamspeak Staff

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 3 months ago #269707

Great idea!!!!

:plussp:
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280483

TotallyNotOnDrugs wrote:
Interesting suggestion however has the potential to ruin the gamemode in my opinion.

If players have to option to go into a "ghost mode" and respawn and so get to bhop around the map how would their deaths be prevented upon re-spawning as most maps have an afk player killer such as the breaking floor on Minecraft or the toxic gas on Prison Break and could cause issues with moving player killers such as the orb on Iceworld as you can't see it from behind but still die when touching it.

If godded upon entering "ghost mode" then players can get trapped in places that people should have died before like choosing the wrong portal on Minecraft or if the player were to fall into the water at the sides of Atomic Warfare or the ravines in GoldFever. Likewise a temporary god mode option wouldn't work on some maps either and create problems like the rising water on Amazon that damages for each second you are in it and it's also impossible to climb back up like the breaking floors on Aztecan.

Buttons for secret endings could also be activated by the "ghost team" as I don't think that its possible to blacklist a team from a map object meaning that on maps like Challenging, the secret buttons can be presses by the "ghost team" leading to an easier ending for the runners, the same on Gold Fever if a runner forgot to press one of the signs then a "ghost" could go back to use it and the same goes for the secret buttons on Steam Works and Helix.

The members of the "ghost team", unless coded out, could also have the potential to move physics objects on maps making it easier for the runners like the barrels, breaking crates and platforms or Rooftops or the box, barrel and walls to the next area on Drop as otherwise, unless a living player who has a crowbar comes along, then the "ghost" cant progress through the map hence making the idea redundant as they can't finish the map. If also given a weapon though, then it could also cause problems of breaking the walls on Spy vs Spy or Drop and Rooftops allowing for runners to pass through more easily making it near impossible for a death to stop a prespeeding runner going at 800+ speed. It could also remove the purpose of the 5th trap in the second area in sk_jail as the purpose of the area is that you need to break vents to escape and then it's cutting it close.

Some members of staff after death could be "off in their own little world", as Morgan put it, and not be aware of any deaths breaking rules like trapspam and trapsteal as they are focusing more on their second or more go at the map in stead of patrolling through spectate in an attempt to stop rule breakers for example if somebody were to go into the bin on Family Guy and the only member of staff was bhopping through the start of the map, far away from the person exploiting, then by the time they catch up the invisible player could have already won the map and killed the deaths as they couldn't see the player and hence didn't know when to activate traps.

As Wolfie and Zenternal have also stated, it doesn't appear that there is a working version of the plugin at the moment as the developers not updated their work with to the same version that GMod is currently in meaning that it would most likely fall to Chute or EMP or develop their own, taking what I would assume to be a large about of time out of their days and would probably end up just being postponed until they have time by which point most players might not even care about the plugin anymore.

TL;DR
-Too many problems with maps
-Not a working one already
-Staff may get distracted and not watch over the server
-Would probably take a long time to code a new one

Like I said at the start, this is just my opinion on the matter so feel free to express thoughts on my comment aswell.

If they were to code their own, they would have to recode it every garrys mod update. Waste of time in my opinion.
  • Zenternal
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 77

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280498

Good idea
For me :plussp: :plussp:
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280516

I don't understand what walking around as a ghost is going to achieve?
Am I missing something here?
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280518

Jim_Jam wrote:
I don't understand what walking around as a ghost is going to achieve?
Am I missing something here?

Peeps get bored when they Die, so they could just use the command to play as a ghost. (Look at it like a mini practice mode)

Even though it would bring something new to the server, I agree with Totally and I think that the positives get outmatched by the negatives. Like so, I can't defend this suggestion.
  • Rilder
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Do you know what time it is?
  • Thanks received: 136
-Deathrun Ex-Super Administrator
-TS3 Ex-Staff
Mega Thanks to Bickels for buying me VIP! (:

Add me on Steam!

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280648

Get better at the game noobs.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280731

♚I am the Walrus♚ wrote:
Get better at the game noobs.
\

Savage
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy

e

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280824

guerrier33 wrote:
Good idea

Mate, look at the previous comments. There is no way this would work.

Someone, just lock it. It won't get accepted.
  • Zenternal
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280877

Zenternal wrote:
guerrier33 wrote:
Good idea

There is always hope
Don't be so negative

Shia lebeouff:
JUST DO IT, DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy

e

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #280971

SpodermanOnKush wrote:
Zenternal wrote:
guerrier33 wrote:
Good idea

There is always hope
Don't be so negative

Shia lebeouff:

The owners aren't gonna waste their time on a shitty addon. Get better at the fucking game.
  • Zenternal
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #281018

Zenternal wrote:
SpodermanOnKush wrote:
Zenternal wrote:
guerrier33 wrote:
Good idea

There is always hope
Don't be so negative

Shia lebeouff:

The owners aren't gonna waste their time on a shitty addon. Get better at the fucking game.

It's a suggestion. No need to be salty or such.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy

e

[DEATHRUN] Ghost-mode Suggestion 8 years 2 months ago #281025

Denied in the meeting.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked