Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Suggestion kd change

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414617

Server Name: ssrp

Suggestion Title: Knight Demon Skillcheck Outcome

How would it benefit the server: solo players won't get destroyed however the knight demon will still be used

Potential Issues/Exploits: no

Additional notes: my suggestion is that if you fail the skill check the outcome is different I have some ideas of what it could be because no suit other than the knight demon can instantly kill gold suits, grim used to however it was nerfed because it was too overpowered

This situation is worse because the knight demon is a very common suit and it isn't very expensive, I don't completely disagree with the Skillcheck however what I do disagree with is the outcome of it.

Reference to nerf
If the nerf was added at this time all soviet would have needed to do was keep the suit on and bcat would have still lost his gjugg

Idea 1 (Skill check removes 25% hp every failed attempt)

First idea is very simple, in total there are 3 attempts to jump out of the kd, instead of instantly killing each time a player fails a Skillcheck with this suggestion it will remove 25% of the hp and armour each time you fail one, at the end when you are freed from the skill check in the worse case scenario 75% of your hp and armour is removed and in a PvP situation this will mean to save your suit you will be forced to equip

Idea 2 (frozen for 5 seconds in suit)

This idea fits the knight demon as the grab will hold the player hostage for a fixed amount of time regardless of suit or no suit, it won't damage the player however it will stall the player for 5 seconds leaving them frozen and unable to dequip, this could be enough time for a raider to run in and destroy printers or in a nuking situation another player will be forced to defend while their friend is stuck in the kd

Idea 3 (90% of hp is removed from a suit)

After all 3 failed Skillchecks the outcome will be that 90% of hp and armour will be removed from the player which again will force the player to dequip

Idea 4 (keep skillchecker the same however add more attempts)

A suit shouldn't be able to instantly kill another period, however if it must be done make it very difficult to do so with the current knight demon being the current meta for raiding places like the bank, I think adding more attempts for the player to save themself especially In suits as people get scared to used suits which removes the aspect of PvP, when you are in the kd you already are on a timer as if you don't even attempt to Skillcheck in kd you instantly die within 7 seconds.

Idea 5 (increase the size of the Skillcheck)
The Skillcheck is tiny and being the pressure of in a suit and knight demoned forced to do a skillchecker, players will fail due to the pressure of the outcome, if the size of the skill check was large players would be more intuned to play with suits will actually have a chance of getting out instead of instantly dequipping their suit after hearing the demon equip sound

Conclusion
Knight demon should be changed to something else as it is currently op, I understand that the lt don't want it changed but I will continue to make suggestions about it untill a suitable ability fits if these current ones do not convince you
  • User
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 47
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by User.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Turtlx69

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414618

:plussp:
  • crystaal
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 34

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414619

Idea one reasonable, Idea two is literally better and still ruins solo play?, Idea three reasonable, 4 and 5 skill issues
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2315
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by CEO of Business.

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414620

just use a nano
:minussp:
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 458

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414621

What about giving it an actual pvp ability (difficulty: impossible)
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414622

CEO of Business wrote:
Idea one reasonable, Idea two is literally better and still ruins solo play?, Idea three reasonable, 4 and 5 skill issues

With idea 2, I'm not sure about how long a player should be frozen for maybe the same duration as knight demon so about 5 seconds
  • User
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 47

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414623

maddox wrote:
What about giving it an actual pvp ability (difficulty: impossible)
I TRIED
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414624

just let go of the "hell grab" bro, give it a rework that doesn't revolve around pressing 1 button and immediately removing someone's ability to fight
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414626

Terry A Davis wrote:
just let go of the "hell grab" bro, give it a rework that doesn't revolve around pressing 1 button and immediately removing someone's ability to fight
like maybe make it hold down ur suit ability button for like 3 seconds and then they will be hell grabbed
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414627

yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
like maybe make it hold down ur suit ability button for like 3 seconds and then they will be hell grabbed
maybe read my post again? this wouldnt change anything
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414629

Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
people get a time to react when they hear the kd equip?
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414630

yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
how does this relate to my post
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414631

celebrate good times
  • speeds_
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 152
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, User

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414633

Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
its a rework that doesnt relate to pressing 1 button, instead holding that button
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414634

yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
its a rework that doesnt relate to pressing 1 button, instead holding that button
which changes nothing
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, Killa Kappa, Nogtog

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 4 days ago #1414635

:support: I don't care which one of these gets added I just want to see sinz suffer. :zarp:
  • Salted Wine
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 221
Sinz #1 Hater , Banned for being based!
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Salted Wine.

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 3 days ago #1414642

Maybe someone shoulda listened to my idea which was when it was previously going to be changed I suggested instead of the silly hell grab that removes someone from the fight, just keep the teleport + a bit of a buff when you teleport, you still get plenty of warning with the sound that someone is in one and hell maybe even a 1 second warning before the teleport happens. Its simple, its a bloody good suit to attack with, this whole skill check + can't take off your suit + locked in place is just retarded even with it requiring being on, I don't think anyone (outside of sinz) wants it in its current state.

However with my idea you now have a fantastic balance for a terrible map for ssrp (not a terrible map, just for zarp gameplay it is) with having the massive advantage to defenders.
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:
yisyas wrote:
Terry A Davis wrote:

I hear you but this "time to react" really means everyone takes off, how is that healthy in anyway to gameplay? What about weapons you have out such as a gluon? Should you really lose a gluon from a suit that hit you from a mile away through 3 walls and a floor? No, its retarded, a balanced game/server allows you to fight back. Before someone says "skill diff" its not just about the skill check, its also the fact you are removed from gameplay until you do it. I know it seems like a targeted example but its not, look at how sinz uses it, pops it on instant grab, but if you are alone while your doing the skill check he can close the gap and arrest you, if not alone he takes off for 0 risk, using it as an instant all jobs taser once again is unhealthy for gameplay. Hell a fella named coda MADE A TASER SUIT WHICH HAS 1 JOB TO STUN PEOPLE and yet its so weak in comparison to anything else its sadly irrelevant, good concept and wasn't given the justice it deserved.

TL;DR: Ditch the stupid fucking hell grab, the knight demon once again is ruining the server, how it even got voted on to be changed like that is insane

Oh side note bit of trivia for ya, the knight demon player model for those wondering is how the scarecrow sees the batman after taken his own fear toxin :zarp: :zarp:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, Mr. Richard, Faithful

SSRP Suggestion kd change 8 months 3 days ago #1414647

Yo gonna bring this up in the meeting tomorrow, see if we can get a solution that hopefully most people will be happy with :zarp:
If anyone has any further ideas and would like to discuss it further, (except you jmt, you're still blocked), reach out to me on discord: auzzi
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2315
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by CEO of Business.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

144 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32