Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Suggestions

[SSRP] Suggestions 10 months 1 week ago #1411141

Server Name:
SSRP/DarkRP

Suggestion Title:
Adjust and/or introduce requirements for certain in-game activities.

How would it benefit the server:
As it stands currently - With little to no effort you can easily acquire cases worth from 100m-300m, expensive items and huge cash prizes too.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
N/A

Additional notes:

In regards to the current City Events - There seem to be no requirements for them to start, whatsoever - This oftentimes results in certain individuals acquiring billions of items of worth in one morning when the server is half-empty and most people on it are AFK. A minimum requirement should be introduced (e.g. 10 active players), if such requirements are not fulfilled, the city events should be skipped until a sufficient amount of active users are on the server.

Cash prizes should also fluctuate based on the participants involved - Getting #2 easily gets you 10 million, which doesn't sound a lot but seems super silly if there's only 2 people on the server and you make 1 drug, or walk 3 meters, or score 1 bus stop, etc - You get the gist.

Alternatively - You could make case prizes vary based on the amount of active players on the servers; The less players there is, the "shittier" the prizes should be, the more players there are, the better they should be.

All of this will ensure that there is at least some sort of competition on the server - And not just users getting lots of valuable items when no one is online and/or active.

When it comes to Drug Runs - I feel like there should also be a requirement of some sort, as it used to - 10-15 players and 3-5 cops would be most ideal. As it stands, you can also get items super easily from this new system, despite the fact that you have to pay cash (sometimes) and also do the tasks (picking up package, delivering package) - The task is super easy though and you gain much more than you lose shall you manage to complete your drug run (which >95% of people usually do).

Currently there seems to be no requirement whatsoever, and you can just do your drug run with little to no risk whatsoever.

There is a very nice suggestion by JoshuaIsGreat which addresses some of the aforementioned issues and even gives cool ideas on how to improve the current system.

As for Arena Events - I am of the opinion that the participant requirement for certain events should be cranked up, especially seeing that every hour, of every day, you can get a case of 100m-300m value with relative ease. I'm mainly referring to events where only 2 and 4 players are required for initiation, these numbers should be increased to 6 and 8 respectively.

TL;DR for the lazy ones - It's become extremely silly how easily you can get cases and items of utmost value, especially on a half-empty server in the early mornings, with little to no effort and almost no risk - My overall proposition is to introduce and/or increase requirements on City Events, Arena Events and Drug Runs - And bring back proper competition on the server.

Thank you for reading my suggestion - God bless EMP and fuck Martin.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Mr. Richard.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson

[SSRP] Suggestions 10 months 1 week ago #1411143

As we discussed, the idea has promise as the current system favours the wealthy and experienced. While arena events strip users of their items and make them use what's given to them, the same can't be said for city events, which give experienced players a massive advantage over newer players - who I feel as though the events were originally designed to give at least a foothold to.

There are certain users who will obviously take advantage of anything that gives them more items and cash; so having certain systems in place to counter this may be beneficial. Though, perhaps it's also a discussion of finding ways to make events more accessible to everyone while simultaneously reducing the prize pool/increasing it but adding a risk factor.

I personally enjoy the city events, especially given that it takes away some of the power of the "Pay2Win" argument (even if only by a small amount). But at the same time, I still believe that the system needs reworking and remodelling. Challenging to think of how that will be achieved, though.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

[SSRP] Suggestions 10 months 1 week ago #1411338

Bump!
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge