Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306360

Server Name: Pointshop (Mostly concerning TTT objectives)

Suggestion Title: Daily objective streak change

How would it benefit the server: This tiny change would make completing objective streaks way more pleasant

Potential Issues/Exploits: Nada

Additional notes: So the current objective system gives you 3 objectives to complete daily. Objectives can vary from general to innocent/detective or traitor specific.

To have an daily streak on the objectives and get special rewards, you need to complete all 3 of the objectives daily for the streak to continue. I personally think it is a pain in the ass to require all 3 of the objectives completed each day for the streak.
Instead, have the required amount of objectives completed to continue the streak set to 1.
This does not mean that I'd want the total amount of playtime required to get the rewards lowered, rather make it more flexible so the player gets to decide how much he wants the streak rewards.

The total amount of objectives needed to complete for the biggest reward (7 day streak, snow card pack + 1,000 diamonds) is 21 objectives. So, instead of having to do 3 daily for 1 week, you could have the streak time vary from 1 week to 3 weeks.(3 objectives per day for 1 week =21, 1 objective daily for 21 days =21)

This way, players can choose how fast their progress towards the reward is and doesn't punish for not playing for 4 hours for one day. You could sweat one day and get all 3 and maybe chill the next day, completing only 1. The dailies can be really hard to do with many players online, or with too few. For example, Surviving for 10 rounds as innocent with 30 players on can take hours and hours of gameplay or Detective only dailies cannot be completed with less than 8 players, so depending on when the player has time to play, it is possible that they are completely unable to even complete all dailies even if they wanted to get the streak rewards.

TL:DR
Change the required 3 for 1 week to 21(or a different amount) of objectives done in a row daily.
I don't think this would bee too hard to implement, since it doesn't really require a lot of changes.
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556
The topic has been locked.

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306363

I personally don't mind them too much at the moment, some can be a pain but I always tend to get them done in an hour or so - nothing too taxing. I can see where your idea is coming from, and it could work out but I prefer how it's set out at the moment.

Only real change that I would like to see would be the ability to spend diamonds to compete 1 objective each day, similar to the system on SSRP where you can pay to complete 1 of the 3 objectives.
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 656

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Minecraft Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex TTT Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex SSRP Administrator ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306373

hazzenator wrote:
I personally don't mind them too much at the moment, some can be a pain but I always tend to get them done in an hour or so - nothing too taxing. I can see where your idea is coming from, and it could work out but I prefer how it's set out at the moment.

Only real change that I would like to see would be the ability to spend diamonds to compete 1 objective each day, similar to the system on SSRP where you can pay to complete 1 of the 3 objectives.
I thought of that idea as well but it wouldn't be the exact same since in ssrp you pay money and get gems but in ps you would pay diamonds for diamonds making the reward part useless
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306374

I like this suggestion but I think it's just a problem on ttt. I did my dailys on bhop surf and ttt for one week and it took me an average of 30 minutes for bhop and surf but 2 hours for ttt while having to make a conscious effort.

:plussp:
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by PZGrens.

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306386

The daily objectives were made so that you can complete all 3 within an hour, if there are ones that take a lot longer than let martin or henny know which ones are too long. Im sure theyll find the right balance
  • Nay
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
✯✯ Former TTT Server Owner✯✯
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin, TheXnator, Gin

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306399

Nay wrote:
The daily objectives were made so that you can complete all 3 within an hour, if there are ones that take a lot longer than let martin or henny know which ones are too long. Im sure theyll find the right balance
I heard this, but that is simply just not the case with the current objectives, that is why I proposed this idea. Also I thought that this would be a better version of the current streak system
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306401

Yes please :support:
(in theory, you can finish them really quickly if you have 1 player on the server)
  • Anonymized359739
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 388

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306443

One example is "survive and win 5 rounds as a traitor"
I've been playing for 43 minutes and only gotten 2 traitor rounds, the rng for this one is too rare
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gin, Anonymized359739

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306455

Its really bad on prophunt. It takes us like 2 hours to do all the daily objectives
  • Argon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 25

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306460

Argon wrote:
Its really bad on prophunt. It takes us like 2 hours to do all the daily objectives
most of te time its more than 2
  • MadMagic
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sharks go blub
  • Thanks received: 489
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by MadMagic.

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306480

Hey! I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues with the new daily objectives system. I introduced the daily objective system in the last major update, so it's natural that it still has some balancing issues. Back when I implemented the objectives my intention was to make them completable in roughly 1 - 1.5 hours of active gameplay, but I couldn't quite predict how long some of these objectives would take to complete in the live environment. I will of course focus on balancing these objectives throughout the next few updates to correct these issues. Your feedback is really helpful and I'll take a look into the TTT objectives in particular for the next update, since they seem to be harder to complete in general.

If you or anyone else thinks that any particular objectives on TTT or the other Pointshop servers are generally taking too long to complete, don't be afraid to mention them on this thread or message me on discord (Martin#6573).
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306523

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
it's neat that you listen to feedback and I'm happy to hear that you're willing to work on balancing of these objectives!

However, I think balancing TTT themed objectives is going to be really hard considering their nature. Some objectives which are on the easy/medium level of difficulty with low-mid player count become a pain to complete with high player count (for example 35+) and vice versa, some objectives easy to complete with many players become hard when there's a low amount of players on. Building a consistency based system like the daily streak with inconsistent objectives just doesn't work, at least with this implementation. Instead of naming the objectives that need fine-tuning I'll explain even further why the system should just be changed a bit.

The way the objectives difficulty varies depending on how many players are on actually works in your favor. The goal of having daily objectives is to keep a consistent player base by having something that the player can achieve every day. So, having objectives that are easy to do with only a few people around encourages players to join the server with less players, objectives that are easy to do with lots of players motivate players to join when the server is very populated.

In theory, this encourages players to join multiple times throughout the day at different times and on top of that, it helps repopulating the server when there aren't many players and keeping the high player count.

If you still aren't convinced to change the streak system I could suggest some number changes to fit the average player count on ZARP TTT minecraft.
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306542

Adding a skip objective feature would be a very good idea too for 250 diamonds (same price as day one reward). It works very well in SSRP.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9538

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306552

Clarky wrote:
Adding a skip objective feature would be a very good idea too for 250 diamonds (same price as day one reward). It works very well in SSRP.

Yes sir

We could also add this to SSRP and skip objectives for like 100,000 or maybe like 20,000 gems?
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Jordz.

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306556

Clarky wrote:
Yes it would work but I feel like it's just a lazy solution to the problem
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306565

Gin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Yes it would work but I feel like it's just a lazy solution to the problem
I don't disagree with your idea, it is something that could be added aside should a challenge be difficult for some
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9538

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306567

You should be able to skip one likewise how you can on ssrp?
  • Joshua
  • Thanks received: 546

[Pointshop] Daily objective streak changes 3 years 3 months ago #1306783

After taking some time to read through your suggestion and all the replies I've unfortunately decided against your proposed changes to the objective streaks mechanic. Instead of lowering the amount of objectives that need to be completed in order to keep up a streak I'd rather spend more time on balancing the existing objectives to make them easier to complete. I do however like the idea of being able to skip one objective per day for a small fee. I originally wanted to implement this in the christmas update but I unfortunately ran out of time. I'll probably implement a mechanic like this in the next big update. Thank you for taking the time to suggest changes to our Pointshop!

#Denied
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nay, Boxy
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

146 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop