Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone"

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283213

Hello everyone,

This rule is enforced pretty much only on ZARP, and while I agree with its intentions (Rookies RDMING), I believe it causes way more trouble then good due to its fuzzy exceptions.

First of all, the actual problem it is designed to solve (defending yourself from rdm) is very rarely achieved; in fact the vast majority of attempted rdms are succesful, making the rule obsolete. It is used entirely by traitors killing inno's that are standing still in broad daylight, taking the mystery part away from the murder mystery game. Most rounds feel bland, where you 100% know who the traitors are based on solid evidence, but this rule forces you to pretend like you're a mentally handicapped monkey trying to solve a maze.

Second of all, its fuzzy exceptions are usually hard to judge conclusively, because "being absolutely certain" is common sense, something which this rule is against. You can kill someone without question if they kill a D. However, if the D was rdming them, and you didn't see it, you are the rdmer. There are so many scenarios where this rule has caused unnecessary confusion.

Perhaps it needs to be removed completely (go back to Vanilla-TTT rules), or the exceptions to it need to get defined(or removed).

I don't support either one of those options, but I'd prefer either when compared to the current rule. What do you guys think?
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 17
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283214

I personally give them like 4-5 seconds if they don't seem willing to respond just gun them down, also if the reason they gave is bullshit and/or you know without any reasonable doubt that they are lying you can still kill them.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283219

Nick0GR wrote:
I personally give them like 4-5 seconds if they don't seem willing to respond just gun them down, also if the reason they gave is bullshit and/or you know without any reasonable doubt that they are lying you can still kill them.

If they don't respond you kill them, but if they do, then "without any reasonable doubt" is entirely subjective, and the server seems to ignore any proof other than self admission. Heck, even saying "I found a t wep" in the beginning of a round is not enough proof that the player is a T.

Questions just delay the game. And make it more of an acting game (acting like you have the brain of a 3 year old and can't figure out who is the T) than a find-the-killer game.
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283225

I don't like the rule either, but this will take a long time to redefine
  • FireLord Ozai
  • Junior Boarder
  • "I do have the power.. All the power IN THE WORLD"
  • Thanks received: 63
TTT Admin

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283227

Here we go again
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davidov007

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283234

FireLord Ozai wrote:
I don't like the rule either, but this will take a long time to redefine

True. This post wasn't made to offer a quick to-go solution. It was made in order to discuss different options/opinions on the topic.
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder

Redefine "You have to ask why they killed someone" 3 years 6 months ago #1283272

Feel free to make a suggestion for a rule change including an example of what you feel should be changed if you have an idea for changes to the rules: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-issues
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

285 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1