Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Super Admin] - Paladin's Application

[SSRP Super Admin] - Paladin's Application 1 year 6 months ago #1395702

Paladin's SSRP Super Administrator Application

♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡

Steam Name:
lådan

Time Zone:
CET - Central European Time

Link to Steam Profile:

What server are you applying for?
SSRP

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:54115782 | 76561198068497293

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Estimated Server Time:
I have been consistently active for about 2.5 months now, with a playtime of ~700h

Languages I speak:
Swedish (Mother Tongue), English (Fluent)

♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

My time as an SSRP Admin have been great. I have had the opportunity to moderate freely with peak efficiency and focus, helping out players whenever I can in whatever way I can.

I really feel like I have experienced every gaming-session to its fullest potential, with my past concerns about rampaging gun dealers finally being efficiently dealt with by my fellow staff members and I. This has led to my friends and I having extremely fun role-playing without much disturbance, and have led us to make plenty of friends.

I hope and would like to think the general consensus of my time and work as admin is that it has yielded more positive, fair and stress-free gaming-sessions from the majority of players on the server!

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Although I have never really had that much experience in a lead- or community- managing position online, I'd like to think I have the backbone and willingness to go through with hard decisions and pulling a team together when it is needed.

I'm gonna pretend this question includes the "What are your biggest weaknesses"-question, as I'd like to share one of my major personal faults, as if this was a job-interview.

My most major weakness is that I sometimes come across to others as nonchalant or non-serious in times where the stakes are high or the pressure is on. Although this is very subconcious, I like to think that there is no point in being stressed on the outside if it's manageable on the inside. In addition, I'm very resistant to stress and although my brain is slow sometimes, I like to think I always get the job done, no matter the issue.

Let me summarize by saying that I'd like to think my nonchalantness could be helpful in a useful manner in situations where people rely on you being cool-headed and in control of the situation, which I think is a pretty useful quality to have in a lead-position.

I have never had an official complaint or report regarding abuse of powers, with the only time my "judgement" being corrected was by Faithful, who gave me very constructive advice about banning, ban-times and always checking for recent punishments as an indicator for a suitable punishment. I feel my work as an admin has become more efficient and reliable as I no longer go banning a player who committed MRDM from the get-go, but instead jail them to give them the benefit of the doubt, etc.

As stated, I value this advice very much, and I can generalize this instance to say that I have been very positively impacted by my fellow staff members advice and by watching their admin-sits in the past. I value my "co-workers'" opinions very highly, and have adapted to what I have seen in the past, by Stewart, Joshua, Onion and Faithful, to name a few.

My activity these past weeks has been great, with it not only being measured through the time I have spent on the server, but also my F1-count. I have managed my life in university very well together with being active on Zarp, and I also think this shows my dedication to the server, as I genuinely hope to see this community grow and thrive. I also hope this visible dedication helps me in my pursuit to establish myself more in the community.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

The topic of suspected hackers comes to mind as I, on the same day of this application, had players complain about a alleged hacker participating and disrupting events on the server. I was the only admin only at the time, and was very rusty regarding Zarp's Hacking Policy, as well as the person in question being very subtle when it came to their alleged cheating, meaning that the verdict would have to be voted on by the lead team.

I dealt with the situation by first checking up on the policy on the forums and recorded the alleged perpetrator on two separate instances to have as much evidence as possible when it comes down to reviewing the incident. I didn't feel comfortable enough to dish out punishment then and there, as it was very subtle, so I put together a short montage, published it on YouTube, and sent it to the lead team for further review.

I believe I made the best of the situation, despite potentially letting a cheater disrupt other players.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

At the sight of an abuse-report, I would read through the documents extremely carefully and try to understand the reasoning and issues perceived by the submitter. My next step would be to contact the staff member in question for their side of the story. I would assume that this, more times than not could end up with conflicting stories, and in such a case, I would ask higher-ups for chat logs, look for witnesses of the incident, or anything of the sort to help reach a final verdict.

If I ever came to the conclusion that the admin - was in fact - in the wrong, I would first and foremost talk to the admin in question and notify them about their faults. I would of course tell them to never to it again, and to read up on the rules. Depending on the severity of the abuse, I would also notify them that I would be going to bring this up in the upcoming lead team meeting.

Finally, I would reply to the report stating my conclusion and letting the person who reported the incident know what I and the admin talked about.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

As stated before, I have been on the receiving end of this situation and have learnt from my mistakes. A fitting way to come to address this issue is to send a personal message to the staff in question, and talk to them about what happened for clarification if the message from the ban isn't enough to go off of.

If I come to the conclusion that the admin - was in fact - in the wrong, I would talk to them and give them appropriate example ban times and punishment alternatives instead of banning on the spot. I would also ask them to correct the bans given to make it more fair for the banned player in question.

If the ban was extremely unfair, I would talk to the staff member to make them realize their fault, and would either urge them to reach out to the player in question, or do it myself as to notify them of their updated punishment. I would also check the ban sheet in the following days for excessive ban times as to make sure the staff actually took my advice.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would take over the current admin-sit and tell the other staff member to stay put while I deal with the situation. After the sit has concluded, I would tell the other admin about our Ethos Policy and remind them to always strive to be the bigger person, to keep cool, and when people get unneccessarily disruptive and disrespectful, to mute them instead of screaming back.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would act if this was any other F1 sit, by first talking to the people in question seperately to get the individual story from both. I would consult the logs, witnesses, etc. and hopefully come to a verdict. After the verdict has been communicated to all parties, I would tell the admin in fault to please re-read the rules and that I will bring them up in a lead meeting if any more incidents occur, as staff members are supposed to enforce the rules, and not abuse them for personal gain.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I will first pull each side into individual Discord calls or similar, and make each party retell their side of the story for the full context. I would then tell each party to please apologize for the things said or done, and try to make them communicate with each other in a helpful and constructive manner. If this doesn't work, I would take help from another lead team member or bring the disrespect up in the lead team meetings.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would kindly, but firmly ask the staff member to re-read the rules, and notify them that we are to enforce rules to make the playerbase feel safer, and not abuse them for personal gain. I would also keep watch over the staff members action in the upcoming days, and depending on the severity, I would of course bring this up in a lead meeting.

I'd like to think I take criticism to heart, so, in regards to how my time and work as an Admin this past month or so have been, I would highly appreciate any constructive criticism or feedback from my fellow players and staff members as a reply to this thread!

Thank you for your time, and I hope you consider my application!
Best regards, Paladin :woohoo:
  • Paladin
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Anti-(Anti-Miner)
  • Thanks received: 101

Former SSRP Admin

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Paladin. Reason: Fixed broken URL
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] - Paladin's Application 1 year 6 months ago #1395703

General Discussion -> Server Applications please and thank youu :zarp:
  • Paladin