Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application

[SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1394357

Paladin's SSRP Administrator Application

♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡

RP Name:
Paladin

Link to Steam Profile:

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:54115782 | 76561198068497293

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Estimated Server Time:
Around 400 hours.

Languages I Speak:
English, Swedish

♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡o。.。o♡

Give and explain 3 situations in which it would be appropriate to use the ban command:

Actors:
  • X (Citizen)
  • Y (Citizen)
  • A (Admin)

Situation 1 - Mass Random Death Match:
  1. X, notorious rule-breaker and bad boy, comes into spawn. He pulls out his Deagle that was bestowed upon him through his father's will when he was 12. His father had been in a brutal car crash. That moment turned his life upside down and acted a slippery slope for his mental health and innocence.

2. X mercilessly and undiscriminatorily begins to shoot everything that moves because it's the only way he knows to temporarily rid himself of the painful memories of his troubled past.

3. His victims respawn and complain through multiple F1's that they were killed for no reason.

4. A gets wind of these complaints and is very dissapointed because he had high hopes of the city's newest arrival, X.

5. Not only can A see that X killed at least 5 people over the span of a few seconds, but when asked what happened, X cannot come up with a valid excuse for his actions.

6. Out of the blue, X snaps and starts yelling profanities towards the mass of people that have now gathered.

7. Showing no remorse for his actions, and no intention to reform and make up for his actions, A decides that a time-out is in order. He wishes X well and hopes he can come back when he feels better and has dealt with his personal issues for a relaxing time of RP.

8. X is banned for 2 days for disturbing the public peace and MRDM.

Situation 2 - Mass Racism:
  1. X walks into spawn, yelling profanities and colorful words left and right. Every person he sees gets a splash and a wiff of expertly formulated bigotry and racistic remarks thrown in their faces.

2. X, a professional degenerate of the highest degree, even places a textscreen with Swastikas and starts blaring on about his, less than welcome, beliefs about the Russo-Ukrainian War.

3. X's victims are fed up with his blatant ignorance and realizes that he just wants to stir the pot and hurt people's feelings.

4. Realizing that arguing with X is unproductive, they call for A.

5. X realizes he's in trouble and removes all evidence of his putrid actions. The crowd however, provides A with clips of X shouting over the voice chat, and even screenshots of the textscreens.

6. After reviewing the evidence, A is frustrated and angry. Trying to keep his cool, he isolates X for a moment as to not disturb the public peace further and to not bring X any further attention.

7. A says to X that his behaviour has been disgusting and that it will not be tolerated in his city, at all.

8. X throws a last hateful remark about A's mother, before being banned for 3 days for general disrespect, discrimination and Mass Racism.

Situation 3 - Scamming:
  1. X and Y have been relatively good friends for a long time, and decides to coinflip, each betting their life savings on the line. Best of 3.

2. Both are nervous but they trust each other. Even if one of them wins it all, the other would still respect the loss, pay, and move on. Right?

3. First flip: X wins, Second flip: Y wins. It's close, their hands sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. Y cannot believe his eyes when the final flip turns the outcome in his favor, and wins it all.

4. X is furious and runs off before paying Y. X is now indebted to Y, who curteously decides to give X some time to get over the loss and pay him back, as they are friends over Discord.

5. An hour goes by and Y is starting to lose patience, he still hasn't heard anything from X.

6. Y decides to make an official complaint to A, and provides the clip of him winning. He says that X still hasn't payed him back and A brings X to them.

7. While talking to X and Y, A comes to the realization that X indeed hasn't payed Y back, and gives him the choice to make things right. X refuses as he's saving up for that new car that just became available.

8. A tries to reason with X about this not being acceptable and that he will be in big trouble if he doesn't cough up the money he owes Y. X is adamant that he will not pay and starts cursing Y and A out.

9. X is permanently banned for scamming with the ban being revoked when X decides to pay Y back.

Explain in detail the main functions of the F1 menu and how this can be used to help you deal with situations on the server:

There exists 5 tabs for the reason of providing extra logs and utilities when dealing out punishments or reviewing an F1:

Reports

Under Reports, we see all current F1's that have been sent in from players across the server. We see the time since it was posted, the user who sent in the F1, and the currently assigned or responding Moderator/Administrator.

Logs

Logs, oh beautiful Logs. Under Logs we get to go through the interactions of players. We see when players enter and leave the server, when they get arrested, when they die, died breaking NLR, drop money, get killed, change jobs and place textscreens to name a few. This tool can be very useful when responding to F1's, especially in the cases where players have different stories of what went down.

Punishments

The punishment tab is an alternative to the infamous rapsheet, but gives us a more general overview over players who have recently been warned or punished.

NLR

The NLR tab shows what players have active NLRs, in what district, and if they are currently breaking NLR.

Activity

The final tab, the Activity tab, shows current Admins, who are online, their total and weekly playtime, how many F1's they have taken and is a great way to keep track of your weekly F1 quota.

Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation:
You witness Player A being verbally abusive towards you through voice/chat whilst you are carrying out your administrative duties.

Depending on the severity, I would first ask them to stop being a nuisance, and let me do my job in peace. If they do not respect my wishes, and continue to be annoying and disruptive, I would mute them for a couple of minutes until I am free and have the time to resolve their potential issues.

Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation:
Player A makes an appeal on a ban that was placed on them permanently for prop spamming, putting great apology and detail into the appeal, admitting to what they did. Explain the process of how you would handle this appeal.

I believe the best indicator of remorse or regret is admission and acceptance of what you did and if you own up to your actions. I would carefully go over the appeal, and find a way to talk with the person who banned them about their input on the matter. Gauging the amount of effort and remorse in the appeal, and the time the person has been banned, we could hopefully come to an agreement to alleviate / reduce the remaining ban time.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend a minimum of around 150 words):
I believe I should be promoted since I have been very active these past weeks, always taking the time to interact with new - as well as old players and taking on as much F1's I possibly can, interrupting my own RP-time. I enjoy it a great deal to not only spread happiness and security, but also getting the chance to meet a lot of cool people, and I am very happy to be part of such a great community, something I have longed for for the longest time.

I believe a promotion would make my work much more efficient, especially with the new commands I would be granted. Sometimes when I am the sole staff on the server, and a player MRDMs, I can't really do much except for warning them and kicking them over, and over again. Having the option to effectively ban mingers and trolls spreading negativity and turmoil would benefit the server as a whole as I am mostly active when I am alone as staff.

I wholeheartedly believe that me being an admin would greatly improve the experience new players have on the server. I care a great deal about this server and have had many great memories across the years. My goal when I became Moderator was - and still is, to promote a fun, safe, stress-free and entertaining experience for all sorts of players, but also to give players the chance to make the best of memories as I have without having to worry about people who do not respect the joy of roleplay.

Hope you consider my application
Best regards, Paladin :lol:
  • Paladin
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Anti-(Anti-Miner)
  • Thanks received: 101

Former SSRP Admin

Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Paladin. Reason: Spelling
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1394359

Amazing application
  • TheYoku
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paladin

[SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1394362

:support:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5656

[SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1394365

nice bbcode :P

• Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

[SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1394378

• CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2324

[SSRP Admin] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1394379

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP SSRP! During our weekly staff meeting we reviewed your application, checked your activity and discussed your recent punishments.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a staff member.

Before you get started a lead team member will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. Don’t forget that you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP SSRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM BST

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Discord server Discord. You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Moderators: MadMagic, pizza, JustGurp
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

300 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
20/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
2/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT