Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407735

RP Name: Sammy
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/SammyZ_/
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:73932262
Current Gametracker Profiles: www.gametracker.com/player/Sam/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: A lot

Languages I Speak: English

Give and explain 3 situations in which it would be appropriate to use the ban command:

1. When a player repeatedly breaks rules and gets punished frequently.

2. Scamming other players to obtain in-game items, cash, or booster packs through deceitful means.

3. Intentionally abusing game exploits to gain an unfair advantage or disrupt the game environment.

Explain in detail the main functions of the F1 menu and how this can be used to help you deal with situations on the server:

The F1 Menu, which is an integral feature of the server, offers a plethora of functionalities that can be leveraged to effectively manage different scenarios. Some of these functionalities include, but are not limited to:

1. Admin Requests: This feature provides an avenue for players to seek assistance from admins for any issues that they may be experiencing while playing the game. This could range from technical problems to in-game disputes or grievances.

2. Active Warnings: By utilizing this feature, players can keep track of any active warnings that have been issued to them or other players. This helps in maintaining order and promoting fair play by ensuring that all players are held accountable for their actions.

3. Logging: The logging feature allows staff to access a comprehensive record of all the server activity that has occurred since they joined. This includes information such as player actions, hits, and team switching. This information can be leveraged to identify and address any rule violations or misconduct.

4. Active NLR: This feature allows players to view the active New Life Rule (NLR) timers and the locations of players affected by them.

These features can be utilized in several ways, such as:

Resolving player disputes: The Admin Requests feature can be used to mediate and resolve disputes between players. Active warnings and logging can also be used to determine the cause of the dispute and issue appropriate punishments or warnings.

Ensuring fair play: Active warnings and logging can be used to identify and address any instances of rule-breaking. This helps in promoting a fair and competitive gameplay environment for all players.

Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation:
You witness Player A being verbally abusive towards you through voice/chat whilst you are carrying out your administrative duties.

I would approach player A and request that they calm down and refrain from engaging in further argumentation. This would ideally be done in a respectful and non-confrontational manner, with the goal of de-escalating the situation and preventing any further conflict.

If player A does not comply with my initial request, I would consider taking additional steps to mitigate the conflict. For example, I may repeat my request to calm down multiple times in an effort to diffuse the tension. However, if player A continues to engage in disruptive behavior, I may have no other choice but to take action utilizing the mute or gag functionality.

Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation:
Player A makes an appeal on a ban that was placed on them permanently for prop spamming, putting great apology and detail into the appeal, admitting to what they did. Explain the process of how you would handle this appeal.

When it comes to handling appeals, my first step would be to respond to the initial appeal thread in a professional and courteous manner. This would involve acknowledging the appeal by replying with a brief message such as "Handling" to indicate that I have taken note of the situation and am in the process of reviewing the case.

Next, I would gather all the relevant evidence pertaining to the case and present it to the admin who initially imposed the ban. If the appeal appears to be well-presented and provides compelling evidence that the initial ban was unjustified or disproportionate, I may attempt to persuade the admin to reverse their decision and lift the ban. This would involve engaging in a constructive dialogue with the admin, and presenting any mitigating factors or extenuating circumstances that may have contributed to the ban.
However, if the admin is unwilling or unable to lift the ban, or if there are underlying issues that suggest that the player in question poses a risk to the community, I would take appropriate action. This may involve denying the appeal and upholding the initial ban, or issuing a new ban with different parameters or conditions.

An example of an accepted appeal may be:

"After carefully reviewing the evidence and discussing the matter with the relevant admin, we have decided to accept your appeal. We recognize that your actions may have been unintentional or influenced by external factors, and believe that you have learned from the experience. Welcome back to the community, and please be sure to exercise caution and follow the rules in the future."

:accepted:

On the other hand, an example of a denied appeal may be:

"After carefully reviewing the evidence and discussing the matter with the relevant admin, we have decided to deny your appeal. While we acknowledge that you may have had some extenuating circumstances, we believe that your actions were in violation of the community's rules and posed a risk to other players. As such, we cannot lift the ban at this time. Please feel free to appeal again in the future, or wait out your punishment."

:denied:

Why I should be promoted (we recommend a minimum of around 150 words):

As a highly experienced Moderator with years of service on the server, I believe that I would be an excellent fit for an Admin role. Throughout my tenure as a Moderator, I have demonstrated a strong commitment to upholding the community's standards of fairness, justice, and respect for all players. In fact, I have personally handled nearly 900 reports during my time as a Moderator, which has given me a wealth of experience and knowledge that I can bring to the role of Admin.

Given my extensive experience and track record of success as a Moderator, I believe that I possess all the necessary skills and qualities to excel as an Admin. This includes a deep understanding of the server's rules and regulations, as well as a keen eye for identifying and addressing problematic behavior. Additionally, I am highly skilled at working collaboratively with other team members, and have consistently demonstrated a strong ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with players of all backgrounds and skill levels.

Above all else, my primary goal as an Admin would be to help better the community as a whole.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to the opportunity to continue serving the community in a new capacity as an Admin.

Ciao! :zarp:
  • SammyZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • SAM#6200
  • Thanks received: 340
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, Lenny Boy

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407736

:plussp:
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9548
The following user(s) said Thank You: SammyZ

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407737

Very friendly and experienced - Had nothing but good interactions with Sammy

• Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407740

:support:
  • crystaal
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 36

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407741

she will be a great addition among ssrp admins that don't suffer a horrible and never-ending terrible fate

• Lenny Boy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 236
Fighter without fire, nothing to Inspire

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407745

• Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1928

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407754

• Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407761

• Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745

[SSRP Admin] Sammy's Application 1 year 2 weeks ago #1407842

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP SSRP! During our weekly staff meeting we reviewed your application, checked your activity and discussed your recent punishments.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a staff member.

Before you get started a lead team member will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. Don’t forget that you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP SSRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM BST

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Discord server Discord. You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9548
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza, JustGurp
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

119 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun