Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chris' report of abuse

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62745

Blazer wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Rules > Sense

Or at least that's what's hammered into my head every time I break a rule (not often)

lol didn't you recently get community banned or something?

Nice job trying to void my opinion. That shows the breakdown of your arguments as you're left resorting to picking at others.

Also, aren't you the guy who left and now only returns to post demote requests and start drama?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, Morgan

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62747

Exrobite wrote:
Blazer wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Rules > Sense

Or at least that's what's hammered into my head every time I break a rule (not often)

Nice job trying to void my opinion. That shows the breakdown of your arguments as you're left resorting to picking at others.

Also, aren't you the guy who left and now only returns to post demote requests and start drama?

Officially, I never left, but yeah I did because I saw where ZARP is going to go with it's current CM.
I posted this because I was supporting the others when I saw their threads getting removed to avoid others seeing it.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The things you own end up owning you.
  • Thanks received: 37
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62748

Chris wrote:
<strong>Blazer</strong>
Even if it doesn't say common sence in the rules anymore, it still is common sence

Obviously not, since it's not a rule.
first time I am hearing that you need to stop mid-chase and write /wanted Name Illegal weapons

Since you're going to extract an example from the rules, if you think that's absurd, do you think that running at a heavily armed person with a stick is ideal?
and then continue the chase if the system does it for you automatically, why waste time to

If it did it automatically, it would be a case of a cop seeing someone with an illegal weapon, and it wants them because they're seen with it. Hence, the rule takes precedence and makes the cops wanted the person before arrest. If someone is weapon checked, it confiscates it - it's not specified in the rules, so you didn't have to use that feature which 'automatically does it' - so we have that for people to use at their own leisure, but the rules in this case make you wanted someone first.

Again, you wouldn't run at someone with an auto gun with a stick that tps you to a cell, but the rules allow it under the condition that you actually want them prior to it.
risk getting killed or risk the wanted person running away, it's completely unneccesary,

Risk getting killed? There's no balance there. All you need to do is hit me once, and I'm gone - I'd have to hit you multiple times. If you wanted to RP it properly, you'd officially /wanted them and get backup to help you rather than baton rushing them - again, hence the rule.

even if you're right on this, there is no sence in this.

Then I invite you to take it up as a suggestion.
Blazer wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Rules > Sense

As much as it's not relevant, he got unbanned. You don't see me mentioning that you got demoted, so unless you want me to bring that up on your demote request against me, target me solely.

You completely ignored his argument, have a little more courtesy please.

If I were to stop and write /wanted Chris illegal weapons, you could have switched your weapon and shot me in under 2 seconds.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62749

avoid others seeing it.

*Uneeded drama and warped opinions

Only one got removed, because the user was breaking the TOU in the post.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by exrobite.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62751

Exrobite wrote:
avoid others seeing it.

*Uneeded drama and warped opinions

Only one got removed, because the user was breaking the TOU in the post.

Two were removed, didn't see anything that would
get a community ban and threads removed.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62752

Yeah I'm on my phone right now so I'll respond properly tomorrow, but I'll just point out that I deleted nothing. It was for tou violations, we don't censor things in democracy.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62754

Wikipedia wrote:
Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things, which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people, and can be reasonably expected of nearly all people without any need for debate.

Basically if anyone had a big gun he can easily kill the cop before arresting him. If the cop had to use the /wanted on him he would either be dead or the victim would have escaped. The automatic wanted system for guns and stuff is there for a reason, which is the one I just mentioned. Basically this does make you wanted instantly before the arrest, since as soon as you are arrested an in jail it gives you that crime thingy that shows why you were fined...
Chris wrote:
If you wanted to RP it properly, you'd officially /wanted them and get backup to help you rather than baton rushing them - again, hence the rule.

There is nothing that disallows baton rushing, and as I was told by a Super Admin before (not sure if it was you), this rules does not apply on a Semi-Serious DarkRP server like ZARP, but on Serious RP..... You can baton rush and taze people with guns.
Last thing I would like to say about this topic is that your punishment was actually very harsh, 20 minutes jail and a ban from all police jobs?? I personally would have warned him "if" this was indeed against the rules, but then the common sense part which isn't mentioned in the rules comes back again. Common Sense is maybe the most important thing one should have when RPing, and it shouldn't be mentioned in the rules.... Common sense would greatly be the right thing to use in Blazer's situation for the reasons I already mentioned...

GTG sleep bye
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by DarthVader.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62755

I don't get how this can be called abuse,
he was obviously showing this person the rules / warning him for the rules he broke.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Evo_Pineapple
  • Junior Boarder
  • pls no ban only luv

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62763

Can you even get Chris done for abuse? I mean if I was to do one to like chute on FP nothing would happen lol

I say just take some of Chris' hair gel away so he cant look like he's from New york anymore lololololol
  • Crocodile
  • Junior Boarder
  • chute made my karma -21 for no reason
  • Thanks received: 191
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62770

Personally discussion of this should be locked as this topic will cause a problems with people taking sides. I will not state my opinion unless it is requested. Other members should do the same as something like this can cause a lot of problems.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
qwe [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: x || Jacknelli

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62771

I don't feel there is anything demotion-worthy here. I suggest this is handled simply and quickly so this thread does not become a large and un-needed argument between members of the community taking sides against one-another as it is just not what this community needs. We're all established members of this community and should be working together to make it a better community not argue among each other on the forums all of the time.

Just my thoughts on the topic. I am not taking sides and please no drawn out responses to this as I am just puting my thoughts out there not looking for a debate. Thank you.

-Jack
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62775

As Exrobite said, chris was always a hard-working, active, friendly and good-working staff member along with the other staff.
He didn't abuse, he did the correct thing and punished you correctly. He jailed and warned you, then told you what you did wrong, that is what I would do if someone breaks the same rule.

-Support; Chris didn't abuse.
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62780

It's so funny in a way, because the person who is reporting Chris, actually posted Swastikas at the fountain yesterday.

Anyway, I do feel like 20 minute jail time is a little extreme for the situation, but Blazer I am going to have to say -Support, in this situation I am thinking of Chris as a normal admin, not as a Community Manager or a Super Admin, my personal opinion is that YOU broke the rules not Chris. So the "symbol" you made last night, the TOU rule you broke apparantly, and this. Well, I stay with a -Support , and it will probably stay like that.

Now treating Chris as a CM/SA, just because he is a high rank doesn't mean he will get away, that applys with a lot of people Crocodile.

Hopefully this is my only comment I have to make on this post.

- The Gamer Guy

EDIT:

I totally agree with Exrobite and Chester.
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by The Gamer Guy. Reason: EDIT

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62781

Crocodile wrote:
Can you even get Chris done for abuse? I mean if I was to do one to like chute on FP nothing would happen lol

I say just take some of Chris' hair gel away so he cant look like he's from New york anymore lololololol

Ask about someone called Angelus, and search through all those older threads about him. Now what he did greatly exceeds what Chris did, but what I'm trying to say that no matter what his rank is, he can get demoted for abusing or rule breaking...

P.s: Yes the hair gel part might also help :p

EDIT: No Hopking I don't mean that chute can get demoted. I wouldn't actually consider the owner as someone with a rank. "no matter what his rank" means anyone who moderates/administrates the servers,not develops or owns.... :S
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by DarthVader.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62782

Chute is the owner of fp there is no way a owner can get demoted
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62790

TheGamerGuy wrote:
It's so funny in a way, because the person who is reporting Chris, actually posted Swastikas at the fountain yesterday.

Anyway, I do feel like 20 minute jail time is a little extreme for the situation, but Blazer I am going to have to say <strong>-Support</strong>, in this situation I am thinking of Chris as a normal admin, not as a Community Manager or a Super Admin, my personal opinion is that YOU broke the rules not Chris. So the "symbol" you made last night, the TOU rule you broke apparantly, and this. Well, I stay with a <strong>-Support </strong>, and it will probably stay like that.

Now treating Chris as a CM/SA, just because he is a high rank doesn't mean he will get away, that applys with a lot of people Crocodile.

<strong>- The Gamer Guy</strong>

EDIT:

Yeah, you're right, it is funny how uneducated/uninformed and misinformed of this you are.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62792

Blazer wrote:
TheGamerGuy wrote:

Anyway, I do feel like 20 minute jail time is a little extreme for the situation, but Blazer I am going to have to say <strong>-Support</strong>, in this situation I am thinking of Chris as a normal admin, not as a Community Manager or a Super Admin, my personal opinion is that YOU broke the rules not Chris. So the "symbol" you made last night, the TOU rule you broke apparantly, and this. Well, I stay with a <strong>-Support </strong>, and it will probably stay like that.

EDIT:

Yeah, you're right, it is funny how uneducated/uninformed and misinformed of this you are.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Hypocrite
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62795

Exrobite wrote:
Blazer wrote:
TheGamerGuy wrote:

EDIT:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Hypocrite

Thank you for that search Exrobite.

But I think Blazer has taken it too far.

Calling me uneducated.... I find that extremely disrespectful, I may be a child but you have no reason to of posted that.

Just remember that I did try and act nice on this post. And now your complaining about me when you are reporting Chris. To be honest I am uninformed of what's going on in your mind. At least I am caring for a friend, and it wouldn't even matter if he was my friend or not, MY OPINION IS -Support .

- The Gamer Guy

And yet again I am going to inform you that I don't want to have to post more things than I need to. Any other things to say before I forgot about this post?
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62797

TheGamerGuy wrote:
Thank you for that search Exrobite.

But I think Blazer has taken it too far.

Calling me uneducated.... I find that extremely disrespectful, I may be a child but you have no reason to of posted that.

Just remember that I did try and act nice on this post. And now your complaining about me when you are reporting Chris. To be honest I am uninformed of what's going on in your mind. At least I am caring for a friend, and it wouldn't even matter if he was my friend or not, MY OPINION IS -Support .

- The Gamer Guy

And yet again I am going to inform you that I don't want to have to post more things than I need to. Any other things to say before I forgot about this post?
Gamerguy, I'm sure blazer didn't mean it. But Chris has taken it too far, we're just mad how Chris has exceeded amount of warnings that can result in a demotion, and nothing has been done about it, and nothing will happen. Since Chris is needed in the zarp community.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Christopher S.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 8 months ago #62798

Blazer, please refrain from insulting anyone on this forum. That was uncalled for, people are allowed to have a different opinion. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're any of the things you said. You yourself are not well known for following the rules, I find that to be a sign of stupidity (Doesn't mean you are.).
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
qwe [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

156 PLAYERS ONLINE