Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R.I.P CS:GO Gambling | Information/Update Thread

R.I.P CS:GO Gambling | Information/Update Thread 7 years 9 months ago #357365

Since it all went so fast and since many people here are playing cs:go on a daily bases and don't know what's going on, I decided to make an Informational Topic, where I (hopefully) cover everything important. The most Important thing right now is that you should withdraw skins from any gambling website RIGHT NOW since they can and most of them WILL shut down their bots without giving everything back. Most of the site-owners are very shady.

Now to the Information:

"What happened?"

Valve has been dropping a bomb shell yesterday with a blog called the "In-Game Item Trading Update".

Here's what it says (most important things):
...a number of gambling sites started leveraging the Steam trading system, and there’s been some false assumptions about our involvement with these sites. We’d like to clarify that we have no business relationships with any of these sites. We have never received any revenue from them. And Steam does not have a system for turning in-game items into real world currency...
...First, they are using the OpenID API as a way for users to prove ownership of their Steam accounts and items. Any other information they obtain about a user's Steam account is either manually disclosed by the user or obtained from the user’s Steam Community profile (when the user has chosen to make their profile public). Second, they create automated Steam accounts that make the same web calls as individual Steam users...
Using the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements. We are going to start sending notices to these sites requesting they cease operations through Steam, and further pursue the matter as necessary. Users should probably consider this information as they manage their in-game item inventory and trade activity.

What this means is that the "automated bots" that automatically trade with the user (for gambling) are disallowed, and they're trying to enforce that rule now.

"What does it mean for Skin Gambling Websites?"
Well, for that question we could go on a trip to our favourite gambling websites!
I have visited four websites that all are in my opinion "gambling". These are:
CSGOWild
CSGODouble
CSGOLotto
CSGODiamonds

CSGOWild
The staff of this site look very nervous, to be honest. There's multiple complaints on reddit where people say they can't withdraw any skins from Wild anymore. I can't say if this is true since I didn't try it myself. But if so many people say they can't withdraw then that probably is the case.

CSGODouble
CSGODouble is one of the first big websites to announce that they're leaving the gambling business behind, and they did so in a surprisingly professional fashion. They said that people who have coins left over can withdraw them, and if needed they're going to refill the bots inventories with their own skins. Now that's amazing to hear!

CSGOPowerball
Csgopoweball has made no statements about the future whatsoever, and people still seem to gamble on it, however this is probably going to change in the coming days.

CSGODiamonds
This website is surprisingly "Down for mainenance", so you can expect something to happen pretty soon.

Is Skin Gambling as we know it dead?
Yes

"Are sites like CSGOLounge and OPSkins dead?"
No one knows yet, I expect an answer to that question very soon though, I do have to point out that it says
Using the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements.

I don't consider CSGOLounge and OPSkins as gambling businesses. But we'll see.

"What happens to the market?"
Obviously no one knows yet, but in my opinion you can expect a "Panic Market Crash", meaning that the prices will go down because people are selling their skins while being scared that it's not going to be worth much in the future. Is there's going to be a major drop in prices (as in a permanent drop) I don't know.

"Are there still ways to gamble?"
Yes, you can still gamble with real money, but you have to be at least 18 on most (If not all) websites.

"Your Opinion?"
Many people and many kids have gambled thousands of dollars/euros/pounds on these websites (me), that's not good therefor, I like that this has happened. I am just afraid that it's going to decrease the esports-viewers/players in general.

There's still "fun" ways to gamble skins without really losing skins (Like case clicker where you get "virtual skins" by opening cases and eventually you can unlock Online Jackpot, Coinflip, Match betting and Roulette.) Use that if you don't want to loose all your hard earned cash.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Login or register to post a reply.

R.I.P CS:GO Gambling | Information/Update Thread 7 years 9 months ago #357368

May it rest in peace :(
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheAp4ch3

R.I.P CS:GO Gambling | Information/Update Thread 7 years 9 months ago #357369

Had case clicker, my inv was stacked with knives, win after win but then one day I kept going all in on jackpot and didnt win one thing.
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 105

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Ex Minecraft Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127