Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896715

I've recently re-installed tekkit. I remember people wanted/didn't want a mine craft server again but what if it was a tekkit server or at least a mod pack run off the Technic launcher? Imo it would be 100x better.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301
Login or register to post a reply.

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896716

The main reason why mainly the Community Team doesn't want a Minecraft server is because Xnator's one from last year didn't try anything special. It died before, presumably because of bad management, but the CM team would rather not risk making the exact same server that doesn't actually fail.

A Tekkit server doesn't sound like a horrible idea though. I wouldn't mind helping with it if someone can tell me how many people play it nowadays. There really should be a playerbase for the server else it's completely pointless.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896718

Raeker wrote:
The main reason why mainly the Community Team doesn't want a Minecraft server is because Xnator's one from last year didn't try anything special. It died before, presumably because of bad management, but the CM team would rather not risk making the exact same server that doesn't actually fail.

A Tekkit server doesn't sound like a horrible idea though. I wouldn't mind helping with it if someone can tell me how many people play it nowadays. There really should be a playerbase for the server else it's completely pointless.

There was a minecraft server last year? lol?
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1926

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896720

Jawson wrote:
Raeker wrote:

He suggested one last year but it never got accepted.
  • Raeker

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896725

Raeker wrote:
Jawson wrote:
Raeker wrote:

It didn't get denied because it wasn't anything special, it never happened because a CM Team member at the time got me to move on to Prophunt as they felt it would be a better idea.
If we had continued to work on it, we probably could have gotten something going, but we never actually finished the entire server (we had been told just before I was told to do Prophunt instead that we should make at least 3 different gamemodes on the server to be completely finished before presenting the server for them to discuss and vote on, which was almost complete, but never quite).
I did go back to it at one point recently because YimYam got me to, but now I just use that server to mess about with some coding with Minecraft and to use with friends (yes, I have real friends).
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896732

TheXnator wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Jawson wrote:
Raeker wrote:

It didn't get denied because it wasn't anything special, it never happened because a CM Team member at the time got me to move on to Prophunt as they felt it would be a better idea.
If we had continued to work on it, we probably could have gotten something going, but we never actually finished the entire server (we had been told just before I was told to do Prophunt instead that we should make at least 3 different gamemodes on the server to be completely finished before presenting the server for them to discuss and vote on, which was almost complete, but never quite).
I did go back to it at one point recently because YimYam got me to, but now I just use that server to mess about with some coding with Minecraft and to use with friends (yes, I have real friends).
Huh, sorry then - I thought you or someone else told me it got denied because it wasn't interesting enough or too similar to the previous server. Maybe I misunderstood it or am completely making this up then.
  • Raeker
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896733

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Hazzenator might have said it since he never paid attention to anything whilst "we" were making the server :P
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896735

YEAH LETS GET ANOTHER MINECRAFT SERVER YEAH
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896738

If people wanted this, I guess I could set something up and then give it to someone else to finish / run, or discard some other projects I am working for in order to do so, but again that all depends on whether it seems like a popular idea - I know that I would probably play on it if it did happen, especially something modded.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Wroolie

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896739

TheXnator wrote:
If people wanted this, I guess I could set something up and then give it to someone else to finish / run, or discard some other projects I am working for in order to do so, but again that all depends on whether it seems like a popular idea - I know that I would probably play on it if it did happen, especially something modded.

:plussp:
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896740

:plussp:
Lots of people play tekkit (not sure if you mean new one or classic i prefer classic myself) but its all fun
  • WelcomingComic2
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Avid runescape,warframe and gmod player
  • Thanks received: 134
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-Bhop Moderator

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896742

if they did patch all the duping methods sure
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896754

Tekkit with galactic craft is really fun with just me and my friend so i could imagine the craziness with more people.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

Question 6 years 1 week ago #896756

Fred Wroolie wrote:
Tekkit with galactic craft is really fun with just me and my friend so i could imagine the craziness with more people.

#ZARPSpaceRace
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Wroolie
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

144 PLAYERS ONLINE