Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hackers

Hackers 6 years 5 months ago #753682

bagciokan070 wrote:
Raeker wrote:
I believe EMP asked for the opinion of another Community's Owner on the last "omg we need to perm ban hackers" thread. Him and Chute have over 10 years of experience together and they've noticed thqt banning hackers immediately does not solve the issue, it makes it worse.

Hackers will always be here. If you permanently ban hackers on first offenses, they won't go to the forums like so many people expect. They'll be going on the servers again, but this time with an alt account.

Fighting against hackers is a losing battle, but with the current system we know at the very least what we're fighting exactly. At least that's what I understood from EMP's and Chute's explanation.

Isn't there something like a ip ban? that would work better wouldn't it for the trollers with no intent to rp. And btw the people that get banned always make an sorry topic so they prob would not want to stay banned and they know if they just come back with alts it's over for them so i dont know what the problem would be if we made the punishment higher they will always make an sorry topic and ban appeal.

Players are banned through steam-ids. If the player would like to rejoin the server they would need a new steam account; From experience it is much easier to gain access to a vpn than to have to go through the trouble of creating a new steam account.
  • Jason.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 흑인 소년
  • Thanks received: 250
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Hackers 6 years 5 months ago #753684

Raeker wrote:
bagciokan070 wrote:
Raeker wrote:
I believe EMP asked for the opinion of another Community's Owner on the last "omg we need to perm ban hackers" thread. Him and Chute have over 10 years of experience together and they've noticed thqt banning hackers immediately does not solve the issue, it makes it worse.

Hackers will always be here. If you permanently ban hackers on first offenses, they won't go to the forums like so many people expect. They'll be going on the servers again, but this time with an alt account.

Fighting against hackers is a losing battle, but with the current system we know at the very least what we're fighting exactly. At least that's what I understood from EMP's and Chute's explanation.

Isn't there something like a ip ban? that would work better wouldn't it for the trollers with no intent to rp. And btw the people that get banned always make an sorry topic so they prob would not want to stay banned and they know if they just come back with alts it's over for them so i dont know what the problem would be if we made the punishment higher they will always make an sorry topic and ban appeal.
If we would ban by IP hackers would use a VPN to bypass such a ban, it's not all that hard.

Secondly, only a small percentage of the actual hackers that are caught make an appeal and an even smaller percentage make a sorry topic. The assumption that every hacker in the community also actively partakes in it is simply false, something that could be supported by getting all hacker bans together and showing that the actual number of hackers are a lot higher than you might expect.

I rlly don't know much about it but it seems kinda obvious that people that rlly play zarp and even bought like vip and stuff (the players that are not trolls) would not use a vpn and stuff since they would know that would be over for them i think the only problem are the trolls and every server has them. the point is if we make the punishment harder there would be less hackers since they know the punishment is high af bc just a kick is nothing at first offence so i can understand that people will just hack and think np first offence.
(if i said something stupid sorry :D)
  • bagciokan070
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 192
Login or register to post a reply.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

243 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40