Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question about the CM ban

Question about the CM ban 3 years 10 months ago #1245243

I'm just going to start this discussion off with I am not trying to start drama, but what I am trying to do is rationalize this ban, and really try to see why it was put into place. For the sake of this thread, we'll call the CM banned user Terry. Obviously this is so I don't break any TOU, and this post can stay up on the forums.

Now, I'm not saying that Terry's CM ban was unjustified, however, I strongly believe that it was put into place just to remove him from the community. The ban reason that was stated in the CM team meeting outcome was that Terry was banned for racism. Now racism really isn't a rare thing to see on zarp. Yes, there are those people that are one time offenders and say a racist remark once, then stop once they're punished. However, on the flip side of the spectrum, there are people that are multiple time offenders that are just warned over and over again, but not CM banned. Now, with this logic, shouldn't everyone whos racist MORE than one time, and after a racism punishment, receive a CM ban too?

It could also be argued that Terry deserved the punishment due to him having perm bans and community bans in the past from various zarp services. However, doesn't the TOU specifically say that punishments over two weeks old should not be accounted for when issuing a follow up punishment? I mean, his big punishments happened weeks ago, so I don't really think they should be factored in when issuing his CM ban due to these factors.

I really hope this post isn't locked as I really want to see opinions on this... But to conclude, following zarps logic, shouldn't all multiple time racists be CM banned? Thanks :)
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1024
The topic has been locked.

Question about the CM ban 3 years 10 months ago #1245245

Jaden. wrote:
I'm just going to start this discussion off with I am not trying to start drama, but what I am trying to do is rationalize this ban, and really try to see why it was put into place. For the sake of this thread, we'll call the CM banned user Terry. Obviously this is so I don't break any TOU, and this post can stay up on the forums.

Now, I'm not saying that Terry's CM ban was unjustified, however, I strongly believe that it was put into place just to remove him from the community. The ban reason that was stated in the CM team meeting outcome was that Terry was banned for racism. Now racism really isn't a rare thing to see on zarp. Yes, there are those people that are one time offenders and say a racist remark once, then stop once they're punished. However, on the flip side of the spectrum, there are people that are multiple time offenders that are just warned over and over again, but not CM banned. Now, with this logic, shouldn't everyone whos racist MORE than one time, and after a racism punishment, receive a CM ban too?

It could also be argued that Terry deserved the punishment due to him having perm bans and community bans in the past from various zarp services. However, doesn't the TOU specifically say that punishments over two weeks old should not be accounted for when issuing a follow up punishment? I mean, his big punishments happened weeks ago, so I don't really think they should be factored in when issuing his CM ban due to these factors.

I really hope this post isn't locked as I really want to see opinions on this... But to conclude, following zarps logic, shouldn't all multiple time racists be CM banned? Thanks :)
Wow you sound surprised the cm team didn't want a racist in the community :woohoo:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690

Question about the CM ban 3 years 10 months ago #1245247

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Well then shouldn't ALL racists be removed from the community? I mean, if you go on SSRP and click on a random users rap-sheet, I'd say about 30 percent of the time they'll have a multitude of warnings for racism in the past, or currently have a lot of recents for racism... According to the logic of Terry's ban they all should be CM banned too...?
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1024
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jaden..

Question about the CM ban 3 years 10 months ago #1245251

Jaden. wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Well then shouldn't ALL racists be removed from the community? I mean, if you go on SSRP and click on a random users rap-sheet, I'd say about 30 percent of the time they'll have a multitude of warnings for racism in the past, or currently have a lot of recents for racism... According to the logic of Terry's ban they all should be CM banned too...?
what HE did was different it wasnt saying the n word it wasnt being a minge it was straight up true racism and it drops his respect in this community to 0
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

Question about the CM ban 3 years 10 months ago #1245258

Anyone with questions can feel free to contact a member of the Community Team privately on Teamspeak or Discord.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

173 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1